Ruger LCP II in 22 lr - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP II in 22 lr

Member #
    Liked
    22823 times
    I am anxious to see one of these LCP's in 22 - as well as the Glock 44 in 22!!!
    pegasus likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    6464 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    I agree with you. In fact I am going to own both of these guns as soon as my gun shop can find them.

Don
    Sekol likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    27321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    As for the "lowly .22 caliber", here is an interesting read of an actual shooting.

https://www.thoughtco.com/reagan-ass...ttempt-1779413

President Reagan took a single .22 bullet to his torso, which punctured a lung. He would have died had he not received immediate attention at a hospital. Hinkley used a .22 caliber revolver and got off all 6 shots in seconds.

Other than a central nervous system injury [near instant death when it happens], cause of death in gunshot wounds is loss of blood. This is also true of stabbing and slashing, even with short blades.

I read an article years ago that said that being shot 10 times with a .22 would be like being stabbed 10 times with an ice pick. Who is up for that kind of treatment even on a good day??
    True--the only problem with this thought process is assuming a CNS isn't damaged enough to incapacitate then blood loss (along with pain) generally contributes to death or more important inability to respond-- and the bigger the hole the more blood loss, assuming the same shot placement.
    I have been to numerous gunshots and most that were shot with a 22 was well able to respond and lived .
    but hey each to there own as to what you use for protection.
    pegasus likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3217 times
    As for the "lowly .22 caliber", here is an interesting read of an actual shooting.

President Reagan took a single .22 bullet to his torso, which punctured a lung. He would have died had he not received immediate attention at a hospital. Hinkley used a .22 caliber revolver and got off all 6 shots in seconds.

Other than a central nervous system injury [near instant death when it happens], cause of death in gunshot wounds is loss of blood. This is also true of stabbing and slashing, even with short blades.

I read an article years ago that said that being shot 10 times with a .22 would be like being stabbed 10 times with an ice pick. Who is up for that kind of treatment even on a good day??
    Yeah, but it wasn't Hinkley that shot Reagan, he never could have fired so many bullets so fast. There was a second shooter, over by the gravelly road. Oh, wait a minute. This is TA.net. I thought it was conspiracytheoriesrevistedeveryfiveminutes.com. NEVERMIND!
    Newt and chefduane like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The street price is a little high right now, but I could see myself getting one of these. I love shooting 22LR though. If they came out with a threaded barrel version, that might seal the deal.

cnj
    Member #
    Liked
    527 times
    I picked up my LCP II 22lr last Saturday. Paid my LGS $340 for it (plus tax). I found one 110 miles away for $290 plus tax, but I just couldn't justify 220 miles of wear and tear/gas on the truck and ~4 hours of my time for a $50 savings. Plus I gave a local small dealer my money, so that felt good. If I get to the range this weekend, I'll definitely post my thoughts. My hope is that my wife likes it enough to make it her pocket carry.
    Sekol, olfarhors and pegasus like this.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black
    A few others

Member #
    Liked
    3703 times

and

Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    True--the only problem with this thought process is assuming a CNS isn't damaged enough to incapacitate then blood loss (along with pain) generally contributes to death or more important inability to respond-- and the bigger the hole the more blood loss, assuming the same shot placement.
    I have been to numerous gunshots and most that were shot with a 22 was well able to respond and lived .
    but hey each to there own as to what you use for protection.
    I agree. I read an interview where Reagan was asked about the shooting, and he said that he didn't even realize that he'd been shot, that he felt nothing wrong but when he was checked over in the limo blood was discovered, and it was only then that he knew he'd even been hit.

22lr .25 acp, 32, can certainly be lethal, but if I'm in a life or death situation where my gun needs to stop someone from causing me imminent death or serious physical harm, most of the time with those sub calibers it had better be a CNS shot, like what happened to Jim Brady. Granted, ten torso shots with a 22lr is going to be worse than one or two 9mm or .45 rounds, and perhaps at least one of those ten might hit the spinal cord at some point. Or you could just aim for the head area but it's a smaller target to hit under stress for most people than the torso. Plus, I've seen cases of people hit with a .22lr in the face and the bullet, due to being deflected after it hit, did not even reach the brain area. I've also seen gunshot wounds where the bullet glanced off the skull, in a variety of calibers, not just the smaller ones. Were some of the face and jaw wounds life threatening if not treated? Sure, but if you're the defender, who cares whether the BG eventually dies or not. Killing is not the goal, unless you're a mob assassin. What you care about is stopping the BG from being able to kill you. Or if the wounds created don't stop the BG, at least the BG will know he's been shot and maybe it will give him motivation to leave. Some BG's just leave at the noise of being shot at, or the sight of a gun, but you shouldn't bet your life on that happening unfortunately.

Don't misunderstand, although I don't currently carry a .22lr pistol for personal defense, I still like 22's (and pocket pistols) for a variety of other reasons. I had a lot of fun shooting the Titan Tiger and my friend and I would still be shooting it for fun if it had been in 22lr so that we could afford the ammo. I also like 22 rifles as well. The .22 shortage is over, at least in my neck of the woods. If that's someone else's choice as a carry gun that's fine, to each their own. I'd rather see a good guy/gal be able to accurately shoot a 22 and be not afraid to practice with it than if they carried a heavier recoiling .380 pocket pistol or .38 special airweight snubnose revolver that they are inaccurate with beyond arms length. A good hit with a 22 beats a miss or bad hit with a larger caliber any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Me too! Between the two guns, if it was just a fun range toy, either would be fun. If however I was planning on actually carrying the gun, IMHO my personal preference would be the Ruger, because of the option of using or not using a manual safety. A manually operated safety is what I'm used to using, both on my compact .45 and my G2. Not that I am incapable of safely carrying a Glock if I had to, it's just that I don't have to.

I also agree with what Iowashooter said about the bodyguard. I felt the same way when I test fired one.

Better than the chicklet-size safety on my SW bodyguard which is difficult to actuate
    Sekol and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    If a gun isn't accurate....

I would get one only if they put the rear sight in a dovetail to make it driftable. I want pinpoint accuracy from a 22 otherwise it's just a noisemaker. I've had fixed-sight 22's before and wasn't happy with them.

It just don't cut it for me if you've got to use Kentucky Windage AND Tennessee Elevation in order to hit a can at 20 feet.
    Last edited by sknhgy; 01-09-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    Sekol likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    and

I agree. I read an interview where Reagan was asked about the shooting, and he said that he didn't even realize that he'd been shot, that he felt nothing wrong but when he was checked over in the limo blood was discovered, and it was only then that he knew he'd even been hit.

yes sir! and this is not interweb folk lure either.
    I have been to quite a number of shootings where the person shot with a 22 had no idea IF they had been shot, and actually many times you need to search the body for the entrance wound.
    see the human skin is quite elastic and has the tendency to close over a entry wound, don't really matter a lot the size of the hole, of course the smaller the hole the easier it is to miss when looking and for it to seal.
    this is why a good number of people shot with a 22 die from internal bleeding, they will be sitting talking to you, get dizzy and drop over dead.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Reagan was hit with a ricochet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links