Glock announces a major breakthrough a new compact Glock
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Glock announces a major breakthrough a new compact Glock

Member #
    Liked
    11527 times

Glock announces a major breakthrough a new compact Glock

I have been getting emails about the earth shattering new Glock announcement for two months. Lots of media frenzy and here you go..the new Glock 44 (yawn):

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

So much for earth shattering innovation. Oh boy another 22lr pistol. With - wait for it - an amazing mag capacity of 10 rounds. Based on the Glock 19 form factor. SO now we can pay Glock prices for a 22lr that will have that Glock never fail, rugged reliability. Seriously this is no joke - read the Glock specs and prepare to be underwhelmed. Come on Glock how about some real innovation for a change.
    Last edited by silverstring; 12-10-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    22918 times
    My earth has been shattered.
    Now what do I do?
    Oh yeah, I know............
    >>goes back to sleep<<
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31942 times
    Why would you create a new 22LR gun and make it 10 round capacity? This kind of gun is where I'd very likely much rather have a Taurus, I think they did a really good job on their new 22LR pistol.
    silverstring likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    They need to build a off road vehicle.
    silverstring likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31727 times
    Awe, heck, I thought maybe they'd developed the first ever thumb safety. Oh, well.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    4317 times
    Hmmmmm..... 10 rounds, must be one heck of a fantastic pistol....How much will this little plinker cost? I haven’t seen this posted anywhere yet to confirm, but a source tells me that the MSRP will be $439, and the street price should be around $350. It will be available to purchase on 1/20/2020.

I think I'll go for the Taurus... Proven, inexpensive, reliable... And I haven't heard anyone complaining about TX Leg....
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31727 times
    I'll stick with my Rugers, personally. Both are excellent. The Mk series has been around since the late 40s. Mine is near match accurate.
    silverstring, WooD and jimb1972 like this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    2400 times
    My favorite part is that they attempted to hype up this announcement claiming that it would be "legendary".

I guess when you live in your own little world in which everything you do is "perfection" then every announcement you make is "legendary" as well, even when you're on your 5th revision of perfection and your legendary announcement is nothing more than diving headfirst into a market in which competition is fierce without bringing anything new to the table.

They should have made a carbine, that would have sold like crazy considering that most carbines use Glock magazines to begin with and most carbines are either cheap like Hi-Point/Kel-Tec or expensive like H&K/SIG.
    silverstring likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31727 times
    As to carbines, I prefer my M4, thanks. Of course, my Rossi 92 is useful, accurate, and fun. Both are old designs, but work rather well methinks.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    11527 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    My favorite part is that they attempted to hype up this announcement claiming that it would be "legendary".

I guess when you live in your own little world in which everything you do is "perfection" then every announcement you make is "legendary" as well, even when you're on your 5th revision of perfection and your legendary announcement is nothing more than diving headfirst into a market in which competition is fierce without bringing anything new to the table.

They should have made a carbine, that would have sold like crazy considering that most carbines use Glock magazines to begin with and most carbines are either cheap like Hi-Point/Kel-Tec or expensive like H&K/SIG.
    I couldn't agree more. A Glock made carbine would in my opinion really be an impact to a market struggling to identify itself. DO you go cheap - with a Hi-point, or maybe a Sub2K, or go mid range with an AR9 or the heavy Ruger. Or upper end with CZ or Sig. A sub $600 Glock carbine would really re-define the PCC market. But I imagine , the next legendary Glock will be a Glock 44X or something similar.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links