Thread: The funky gun thread

Member #
    Liked
    112 times

The funky gun thread

I've seen (or heard of) some unusual guns... Here's one below

share your nominee for funkiest gun...

https://stdgun.com/s333-thunderstruck/

ATTENTION: S333 Thunderstruck™ orders will take 3 weeks to ship due to overwhelming demand!

The S333 Thunderstruck™ sets the standard for the ultimate in personal protection by simultaneously firing two rounds of .22 Win Mag with each pull of the trigger. With four pulls of the trigger, eight rounds are fired in only three seconds.
    By combining standard ammunition and birdshot, each pull of the trigger will deliver an incredible combination of firepower and very light recoil.
    The S333 Thunderstruck™ is incredibly reliable because it functions as a Double Action Revolver. These Revolvers are far more superior to any other automatic pistol which are rendered useless when they jam or misfire. Additionally, the two shots per pull, with four pulls of the trigger, makes the S333 Thunderstruck™ the most redundant and reliable personal protection firearm when your life is on the line.
    The S333 Thunderstruck™ also features an articulated safety integral into the trigger and requires a deliberate and full pull of the trigger before the transfer bar will clear from the firing pins and hammers. The resulting S333 Thunderstruck™ is the safest personal protection firearm available.
    Our patented design of the S333 Thunderstruck™ is the most compact and concealable firearm imaginable of its type. The small size allows it to be carried in your pocket or purse and can be easily retrieved when needed.
    The ergonomic design of the S333 Thunderstruck™ features a comfortable polymer grip, intuitive controls, and no clumsy safety. This makes the S333 Volleyfire™ the ideal choice in personal protection when your life depends on it.
    Specifications:

Caliber .22 Win Mag
    Capacity 8 Rounds
    Barrel Length 1 1/4
    Cylinder Material High Strength Steel
    System Double Barrel Double Action Revolver, Two Rounds Fired With Each Pull of the Trigger
    Frame Material 7075 Aircraft Grade Aluminum with Anodized Finish
    Safety Integral Articulated Trigger Safety, Transfer Bar Blocks Firing Pins From Hammers
    Barrel Material Steel
    Grip Polymer
    Weight 18 oz
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by IowaShooter; 11-18-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    Too funky for me, I’ll pass.
    Lomax and jtg452 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5386 times
    Wow. That IS a funky gun. I just don't see the point or what use it would be. For $429 there are many other fine revolvers or semi's that have more capacity and higher cal than that thing. BUT, if you want a funked out gun that shoots 2 x 22mag boolits at once...
    Lomax, Yissnakk and jtg452 like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2318 times
    I really can't think of anything all the unusual in recent years.

Maybe it's because I tend to think of extreme examples when it comes to "funky" guns, but my mind jumps to things like the MBA Gyrojet Pistol and the Dardick Pistol. Really weird stuff which experimented with something completely different that just plain didn't work out.

For anyone who hasn't heard of the Gyrojet or Dardick pistols already, definitely look into them as they're extremely interesting, especially the former which literally fired small rockets in place of bullets, and thus was a featherweight firearm made of zinc. Forgotten Weapons has some good videos on both, including a brand new video on the latter.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    1613 times
    How's about the LifeCard?
    The footprint of a credit card, but 1/4" thick. Unfolds into a single-shot "gun" chambered in 22LR (and I think they just came out with a 22mag version).
    That seems pretty funky to me.

Member #
    Liked
    1666 times
    Funkiest one I ever owned was the OWA 25ACP.

Some dude has a video here:
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Would the Savage 1907 count as funky? It was the first hicap mag, a striker fired gun with a visible cocking lever and a fully removable locking block/sear/striker assembly.

The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    2284 times
    I ordered a Thunderstruck in late July, it came in October (still waiting on the holster, tee shirt, etc.) I shot it last week.

It's an interesting gun. I was hitting a 3 inch yellow dot target at 7 yards (mostly.) Both bullets hit about an inch apart at that distance. Recoil was stiff, but manageable, about like a 45 colt in a 2 inch revolver. The trigger sucks, it really does take two fingers to pull it. I'd put it somewhere around 18 pounds.

I was using Critical Defense ammo. I'll have to get a few boxes of other brands and give them a try.

Now about that Bond Arms bullpup.......
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3004 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    I really can't think of anything all the unusual in recent years.

Maybe it's because I tend to think of extreme examples when it comes to "funky" guns, but my mind jumps to things like the MBA Gyrojet Pistol and the Dardick Pistol. Really weird stuff which experimented with something completely different that just plain didn't work out.

For anyone who hasn't heard of the Gyrojet or Dardick pistols already, definitely look into them as they're extremely interesting, especially the former which literally fired small rockets in place of bullets, and thus was a featherweight firearm made of zinc. Forgotten Weapons has some good videos on both, including a brand new video on the latter.
    You might enjoy this video if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    29700 times
    How bout a .455 cal. Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver...

Attached Images Attached Images   
    jlpgumbo, Jkoht, funflyer and 3 others like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links