• 1 Post By taurustoter
  • 2 Post By BigBlue
  • 1 Post By kmw1954

Thread: Hk vp9

Member #
    Liked
    3909 times

Hk vp9

Recently inherited this gun and finally had a chance to shoot it yesterday. First thing that struck me right away was the overall size. This gun is much larger than the 2 9mm that I normally shoot. That includes the grip size. Next thing I noticed right away was that the sights seemed dark and small. Didn't get to spend a lot of time with it and only fired about 40 rounds thru it. Just didn't find it as comfortable as my Taurus PT92C or even my Full size metal Witness 45acp.

Next trip to the range I will bring it along again and try and shoot more.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21717 times
    My condolences for your loss!

The H&K VP9 is a very nice Pistol with a good reputation for feed reliability, accuracy, and for most, ergonomics. It's a far different Pistol than your Taurus PT92C and .45 Witness, but don't let that put you off of it.
    A lot of times we get so used to the ergonomics of what we have had, that we have a hard time of adjusting to something new and very different.
    Spend some more time with just the H&K VP9, and you'll probably adjust to it.

For myself, I know that when I've spent time in my carry rotation with one particular handgun, it can be hard to adjust to the next one.

Here''s a review of the H&K VP9:

Side note on the H&K VP9 is that it did not fare too well on the Youtube Military Arms Channel Mud and Water Tests, but then again, a lot of good pistols don't.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    11368 times
    The VP9 is an excellent pistol. It was the most accurate striker gun I have shot. However , for me it was the trigger guard that made me sell it off. Like the Glock trigger guards, my trigger finger would get bruised by rubbing on the bottom shelf of the guard. The VP9 goes one torturous step further and put a beveled relief cut into the bottom shelf, and the edges of that bevel just made the finger bruising worse.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times
    Ironmagz likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Have shot 100+ rds from the H&K VP9. Found it very comfortable to shoot and accurate enough in my limited time with it. Trigger pull is a bit longer than most striker fired pistols I own. Only shot it during the day so didn't get to really test the night sights.

Not a gun I would own however. Had to deal with H&K's horrible customer service in the past with a different H&K handgun. Will never buy or recommend another.
    kmw1954 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3435 times
    HK builds a tough gun, no doubt about that, but they have never really appealed to me that much...neither does their price tags.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27291 times
    For me, the ergonomics of the VP9 are spot on, it's tough and dependable.
    kmw1954 and jwc007 like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    3909 times
    The gun came to me at no cost so no complaints. I will have to try and shoot this again when I do not feel so rotten. Right now this dang cold is progressing instead of getting better.
    downrange likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Sponsored Links