• 2 Post By coopercdrkey
  • 1 Post By taurustoter
  • 2 Post By DeltaBravoKS
  • 1 Post By bigC

Thread: Went for one ended up with two!

Member #
    Liked
    6145 times

Thumbs up Went for one ended up with two!

With all the talk on this forum about the 22 caliber SAA revolver's I find myself highly motivated to increase the size of my 22 caliber firearms collection with a number of new single action army 22 caliber revolvers. I even find myself wandering into the realm of the shall we say more expensive versions of these particular revolvers. I am talking specifically of the Cimarron pistolero models as well as the Ubertti Cattleman Model with the 12 shot cylinder.

I have to thank Russ (aka Guesser) for bringing the Uberti to my attention via a PM conversation on this forum.

Anyway, I had ordered the Cimmeron, it came in, and I went down to Tampa today to pick it up. While I was there I ordered the Uberti.

Here is a picture of the Cimarron. Not a good picture but it has so much oil on it in the bag I didn't take it out at the gun shop. Once I get it clean I will post more photos.

Name:  20191105_155854.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  1.53 MB

Now for the unexpected #2 surprise.... We were just sitting in the gun shop drinking coffee, eating donuts (Krispy Kreme), and debating the difference in quality between Turkish guns and Phillipino guns when this fellow walks in and asked the owner if he bought guns. He had a like new in the box stainless Kimber .357 magnum snubby. The owner looked the gun over and told the man if he bought the gun he would have to make a profit on it and didn't want to make an offer. He told the guy to ask me, maybe I would be interested.

I was sitting on the sofa working on a jelly donut and he caught me totally by surprise. The guy asked me what I would give for the gun... I figured the gun was worth close to $1000 new so just for giggles I said sure, I'll give you $500 for it never thinking he would take the offer. Well, he put the gun back in the box, handed it to me, and said that worked for him!

Something didn't feel right about the guy's attitude so I told him we would have to do the deal through the gun shop. He seemed ok with that and went out to his car for his ID. The shop owner ran the gun through the Florida stolen gun data base and it came up clean.

I only had $394 on me but the shop owner cashed a check for me, took the guys ID, I paid the man, and he left. Ended up I had to pay about $35 sales tax by going through the gun shop but I don't have to worry about buying it either.

Now next week, my Kimber long slide and my Uberti Cattleman should both be in and I will be a happy camper!

Don

.Name:  20191108_112859.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  948.3 KB
    I see gun control as driving an ambulance to the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    5953 times
    Wow, nice buy! Congratulations.
    BangBang likes this.
    I'll give you to the count of three to get off my property...one, two, BANG!

Member #
    Liked
    577 times
    Is that the new K6? I can't wait to hear how it shoots. I know no one who has one, but am intrigued by them.
    Congratulations. Nice pick up.
    BangBang likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3454 times
    Nice pick up !!!
    BangBang likes this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    G2
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Congratulation!!!
    BangBang likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10712 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Car_Doc View Post
    Is that the new K6? I can't wait to hear how it shoots. I know no one who has one, but am intrigued by them.
    Congratulations. Nice pick up.
    They are extremely smooth, action-wise, as accurate as you are, and LOUD !!! (Only put some .357 through so far. I'll probably get a bunch of .38 spl to practice with.)

Don- You can get some nice walnut to dress her up with if you want:

Name:  IMG_0369.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  1.29 MB

PS- Judging by what I paid at Rural King, you're just about $200. ahead of street price.
    Last edited by coopercdrkey; 11-09-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    BangBang and Car_Doc like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    3319 times
    Whoa BangBang, that's incredible! One lucky dog.
    BangBang likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2672 times
    So....hang around a gun shop eating doughnuts and get a good deal on a fine gun.

Is this a great country or what?
    BangBang and coopercdrkey like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2217 times
    I did get to handle one of the K6 my BIL bought.
    Nice gun!
    BangBang likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Sponsored Links