.357 Big bore, who likes em? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: .357 Big bore, who likes em?

Member #
    Liked
    3376 times
    Just recently shot a friend's. It performed as well as my Ubertis. The only critique was that the trigger needed smoothed up. It felt like it had too positive of a hook on it.

He's going to buy a second one. He is planning on shooting CAS in the spring. What he paid is a little less than what my Uberti pistols cost me over 20 years ago. So based on today's prices, that's not too bad.

We'll see if my stoning jig will work with it's sear and hammer after the holidays.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    4553 times
    I'd like to have one ... it's on the "one of these days" list

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46661 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    This is the heritage sub forum with a question about Heritage big bore handguns but somehow it has been hijacked into an all brand 357 magnum thread.

If you do not own a heritage big bore or have direct experience with one maybe we can discuss your guns in another sub forum more suited for the guns you do own.

Don

Good point...MOOOVING it
    texastaurusguy and BangBang like this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    So much for Heritage input, oh well.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoKen View Post
    So much for Heritage input, oh well.
    Thanks to your starting this thread, I'm now seriously considering a Heritage 357 magnum, if I can find one. I've been meaning to buy a cowboy SA revolver for a long time now, and these are pretty darn good looking guns. And, that caliber keeps me standard with what I already have.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46661 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Thanks to your starting this thread, I'm now seriously considering a Heritage 357 magnum, if I can find one. I've been meaning to buy a cowboy SA revolver for a long time now, and these are pretty darn good looking guns. And, that caliber keeps me standard with what I already have.

Me too! The move was made as most people think of the Heritage Rough Rider as a 22 LR/22 WMR, evidenced by the input in the thread on other manufacturers for the .357 magnum caliber. There are many I suspect that do not follow the .22 SAA line that would be interested in the big bore SAA that this thread discusses.

Maybe we should wrap the Heritage revolvers, the rest of the SAA handguns and all lever action guns into a "Cowboy Gun Fun" forum?
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    I'm pretty sure my next one or two handgun purchases will be Heritage. Although the wife may need an SP101 after killing the bullseye w my new one.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    35243 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    For the purist. The frontiersmen didn't have no STEENKIN' transfer bar...
    True, but I bet they would have loved having the extra round ready to go!
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18396 times
    I had an early 90s Uberti in 44 mag. About 20 rounds in, the hand snapped off. Their US customer service, at that time, spoke with a very feminine Italian accent. They wanted me to send the pistol in but I just had them send me the part and I replaced it myself. I guess they hadn't been sued enough to insist on doing the work themselves, under warranty. Since then, I've stuck with Ruger single actions, both 44 and 45. I've had, and have, black powder Pietta revolvers, and always thought they were well made.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    558 times
    Eh Czechbikr now hold on yer hatz I have got a few used Piettas There is em fools still loading only 5 chambers fully unaware of the STEENKIN transfer bar hahahahahahahahahahahah yeah man keeping the "PURIST" alive at my last acquisition the seller swore on a stack one could only keep 5 chambers loaded cause if something struck the hammer, I asked about the transfer bar? These are black powder No Need for a FFL Transfer was his answer......YES FOLKS he was for real I said ah huh yeah I`ll just ride off now....
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links