A Tanfoglio of a different stripe.
Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By maloy
  • 3 Post By jwc007

Thread: A Tanfoglio of a different stripe.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2988 times

A Tanfoglio of a different stripe.

I was in the right place at the right time.

I bought this today for $20, YES twenty dollars. A coworker was given this gun to dispose of by his neighbor lady. It didn't work, it had been torn apart and miss assembled.

It has an interesting story behind it before I got it and fixed it. First, the man that owned it later became a felon and was told he wasn't allowed to own it anymore. Well he kept it, and later had it fall in the hands of his teenage son. By this time, it had been messed up on its timing from fanning it. Also, it had been torn apart and someone failed to put it back together right. So I guess a few years ago, the son attempted suicide with it, and it failed to fire. I guess the boy later got help, his mother got it back, and she wanted nothing to do with it. So she knew my coworker had guns and handed it off to him to be never seen again. He didn't want it as it didn't work, he didn't feel like it was worth fixing, and it had been laying around for a while and he wanted it out of his house.

So I enter the picture. He gave me the cylinder and I could see the misses between the chambers where the timing was way off. So I told him I know some old farts that deal in parts. I told him that they pay $20 for a lot of junk and part it out. I gave him a $20 and later got the rest of it. So I sit down today to look it over and tear it apart, and then reassembled it. It had been shot without the cylinder pin in all the way. They couldn't get it to go in, and the hand has been damaged from this and the fanning.

Getting it back together, getting the springs in right, fixing the cylinder pin to go back in right, and low and behold, the cylinder lines up. It's timing is now correct.

FIE Model E 15 made by Tanfoglio in 1988 from the Italian proof marks. I'm now considering keeping it. I should fit and install a knew hand and found some online for $25. Here's an E-15 on Gunbroker missing a lot of the black original finish on it. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/825665379

This one is pimped out in gold!

Maloy

Name:  100_0783.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  536.7 KB

Name:  100_0784.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  556.1 KB

Name:  100_0785.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  593.3 KB
    darbo, MOONDAWG, jonrjen and 8 others like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21710 times
    I have the same/similar Revolver that was marketed as the FIE Buffalo Scout. It's been a good little Revolver, but I really have never shot it very much, in deference to my Ruger Mark II.
    Note that the Frame on mine is of an Aluminum Alloy.

FIE Buffalo Scout
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    29754 times
    Outstanding...any occasion you can be in the right place at the right time and come out on top!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6211 times
    Maloy, is that a 22 caliber?

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2988 times
    Yes it is, .22LR. They also have a safety, and it is less obtrusive than the Heritage. I remember when Hart's/Big Bear Department store sold them new.

Maloy

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Maloy, is that a 22 caliber?

Don

Member #
    Liked
    2224 times
    I would keep it. Then again I've never sold one.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Sure looks like a keeper to me!

Sponsored Links