Parker 45 1911
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Parker 45 1911

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Parker 45 1911

My friend has just bought a 45 1911 and the hammer is stuck in the pulled back position. For some reason It won't fire everything else works fine. Everything else seems fine but it won't fire can y'all please help me.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times
    Welcome to the neighborhood; love your steakhouse!

can you post a pic of the gun in its current state?
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31452 times
    Will the slide rack? If so, you should be able to pop the mag out and clear the chamber, then take it down. You might consider doing that and seeing if there is something going on internally before you go too much further.

Welcome to the forum.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5056 times
    The hammer strut may not be on the mainspring cap.
    GreenWolf70 and jwc007 like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7635 times
    There are a ton of 1911 disassembly videos on youtube (or used to be ). They really aren't that complicated. I'd recommend making sure it's empty first, then if it still can't function, to take the mainspring housing apart. That's where the issue probably is, unless the previous owner installed an after market hammer or some such and didn't fit it properly.

Maybe start here:
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Sounds serious. Welcome to the forum from Fort Worth.

Member #
    Liked
    31774 times
    Welcome aboard!

So the hammer is stuck back. What happens when you press the trigger? Is there any movement at all, or is it just locked up solid? Either something has slipped out of place in the trigger/sear area, or the folks talking about the mainspring are correct. But a full disassembly should be possible, and should clear it up.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthChris View Post
    My friend has just bought a 45 1911 and the hammer is stuck in the pulled back position. For some reason It won't fire everything else works fine. Everything else seems fine but it won't fire can y'all please help me.
    MY suggestion, as it doesn't appear that you are familiar at all with the 1911 platform and possibly firearms in general is to take it to a gunsmith.
    in addition to what the others have posted it could be any number of issues, as simple as the trigger travel screw is not correctly adjusted, the Grip safety is not properly adjusted or the triple leaf spring is out of place/broke, the thumb safety is in the safe position(although I would think you would notice this) all the way to a bad Hammer, disconnector, etc.
    again we have no way of knowing your knowledge?
    in the end what ever you find or not if you disassemble the 1911 then it should be safety tested before loading it, and again a good gunsmith can do that and introduce you to the world of 1911 and how they operate.
    I would remind you that this is a dangerous weapon and not a toy so respect should be given to it or serious outcomes can happen.
    hope this helps you some.
    GreenWolf70 and TonyC2639 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1569 times
    Are you talking about the Wyoming Arms Parker? It's not you typical 1911.

jwc007 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links