Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: New Ruger SR9C

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7430 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLEBIKE View Post
    No I don't. When I saw the crack (on the metal that on either side of the firing pin assembly) I went to my FFL where I purchased it and looked at their display which did not have it. At that point I was so disgusted with Taurus, I traded it in for the SR9C.
    Well, there you go, move on and enjoy your Ruger!................
    Would have liked to see these cracks though........................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    8582 times
    Yup. Water under the bridge and over the waterfall and gone.

The Ruger will serve you well. Mine does.

Member #
    Liked
    8582 times
    That reminds me. I have to go to the LGS and get a couple of spare magazines for the Ruger SR9c. Since the Ruger American compact has taken the place of the SR9c mags for the SR models will soon cease.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    That reminds me. I have to go to the LGS and get a couple of spare magazines for the Ruger SR9c. Since the Ruger American compact has taken the place of the SR9c mags for the SR models will soon cease.
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ruger-sr...loorplate.html
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/2-pack-r...-magazine.html
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ruger-sr...extension.html

Great prices.

I have never worn out a mag. My CZ75BSA 9MM is close to 10 yrs old, my KADET 22adapter is same age, both still using the original mags. Round count for both is in the stratosphere. PPQ not as old but same deal.

Member #
    Liked
    1109 times
    A certain percentage of mass produced, mechanical devices will have defects. There is no way around it. Don't care who makes it because all of them have some level of failure. Of course, closest to "zero" is best.

My SR9c is still a favorite and it is my "California" gun. What I mean is that when I drive from the Midwest to the Left Coast it is the gun I carry until I cross their border. I disarm, lock the slide back and put it in a lock box. I take two, 10 round magazines with me, but store them in another part of the car. Self defense there is a dirty look and any kind of fixed blade knife that is openly carried in a scabbard. I prefer a 4" hunting knife because it doesn't scream RAMBO.

One other advantage to the Ruger is my PC Carbine. Magazines are interchangeable with the SR9c. The carbine is a takedown and can be transported in sleeves very discreetly. The carbine has 4 of the 17 round mags in soft pouches. The carbine is pretty close to stock except that it has a white light on the little rail and has a SIG Romeo5 red dot.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLEBIKE View Post
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ruger-sr...loorplate.html
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/2-pack-r...-magazine.html
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ruger-sr...extension.html

Great prices.

I have never worn out a mag. My CZ75BSA 9MM is close to 10 yrs old, my KADET 22adapter is same age, both still using the original mags. Round count for both is in the stratosphere. PPQ not as old but same deal.
    Shop wherever you want but I buy my Ruger parts and accessories from . . .. .Ruger! Every now and then I’ll get something from MidwayUSA but, for model specific parts I just buy direct from the manufacturer. Sig mags from SigSauerUSA, Springfield from Springfield Armory, etc. I had a few other name brand but caliber specific parts I bought from other online stores but they didn’t fit or work.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    6426 times
    All guns are made by man and some have faults. I buy and carry what guns I like and do not have to please anybody but myself. Any gun manufacturer can have problems, it is how there CS handles the problems that concerns me.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Shop wherever you want but I buy my Ruger parts and accessories from . . .. .Ruger! Every now and then I’ll get something from MidwayUSA but, for model specific parts I just buy direct from the manufacturer. Sig mags from SigSauerUSA, Springfield from Springfield Armory, etc. I had a few other name brand but caliber specific parts I bought from other online stores but they didn’t fit or work.
    They're exactly the same mags that are sold at shop Ruger, same exact part #. Even have the Ruger Logo. They're Ruger factory mags.

Member #
    Liked
    2778 times
    Congrats on your new slide gun.
    loudviking likes this.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I do not have high round counts on most items I own and few problems, So far no Taurus trouble, But I have needed small repair on a Springfield 911, FMK 9C1 G2, S&W Sigma 380, and something else too minor to remember. Major repairs on a Para 14-45 (Commander), Ruger American Compact 9 MM and a Glock 29, but they all did get fixed and I still have all but the Para (My son wanted it and loves it now that it is fixed) All minor repairs were from a Spring that needed simple replacement. Spring with Glock too, but required a factory trip as it was not simple. Possibly same for Ruger, but they did not explain at all and the gun completely locked up after first ever 20 (twenty) rounds. Para took major machine work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links