Tell Me About DIY Glocks - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Tell Me About DIY Glocks

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    LOL, what's the fun in buying one when you can build it yourself.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    Poly 80 frame should be accepted by glock. Its solves all the grip issues most people have. Plus it comes with under cuts and great stipple job. Apex trigger kit is my go to trigger. I choose after market barrel because I reload. Otherwise I probably wouldnt bother . William's fiber optic sights. My glock 17 long slide is my favorite i have ever owned.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by silverback13; 11-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    Taurus Judge 45-410 6 inch barrel
    Taurus Public Defender ultra lite
    Taurus Gaucho 45 colt
    Taurus M941 22 mag
    Taurus M94 22LR
    Taurus PT22
    Rossi M92 45 COLT

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    Name:  G26 no sights.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  106.9 KB

You just can not buy one of these. Custom "chainmail" stippling, Rock City custom milled slide, billet extractor, Agency TiN barrel with flush 11 degree crown, Suarez trigger, NDZ custom aluminum slide release, disassembly bar, mag release, and pins, all TiN anodized, XGrip extended grip on an ETS 9 round clear magazine, and all internals polished and hand fitted. I now have an AmeriGlo I-Dot Tritium Night Sight Set installed. Easily a $1,000 gun, if you could buy one like this.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 11-13-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverback13 View Post
    Poly 80 frame should be accepted by glock. Its solves all the grip issues most people have. Plus it comes with under cuts and great stipple job. Apex trigger kit is my go to trigger. I choose after market barrel because I reload. Otherwise I probably wouldnt bother . William's fiber optic sights. My glock 17 long slide is my favorite i have ever owned.
    LOL, if I were running Glock I would buy out Polymer80 and make their frame the standard on all the Glock Models. They are that much better.

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    This seems applicable.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...ampaign=Itwine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Czechbikr likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    Nice slide
    Taurus Judge 45-410 6 inch barrel
    Taurus Public Defender ultra lite
    Taurus Gaucho 45 colt
    Taurus M941 22 mag
    Taurus M94 22LR
    Taurus PT22
    Rossi M92 45 COLT

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    I did some looking and they can be an 80% like an AR. They do need a jig to finish them. I like the idea but the reality for me says I would never get it complete.
    I googled it, found a lot of info but didn't save any links.
    It only takes about an hour to build one and that's me, I'm sure others can do it in half that time. The Polymer 80s, for the most part, come with the necessary jig. I don't see as there is a real cost saving advantage. To me the advantage is they are fun to build, they have absolutely no paper trail and a they do feel better feel to grip than original Glocks. Don't get me wrong I own many original Glocks, often carry them and think they are one of the most dependable poly guns made.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    LOL, if I were running Glock I would buy out Polymer80 and make their frame the standard on all the Glock Models. They are that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    It only takes about an hour to build one and that's me, I'm sure others can do it in half that time. The Polymer 80s, for the most part, come with the necessary jig. I don't see as there is a real cost saving advantage. To me the advantage is they are fun to build, they have absolutely no paper trail and a they do feel better feel to grip than original Glocks. Don't get me wrong I own many original Glocks, often carry them and think they are one of the most dependable poly guns made.
    Do you guys who are into the Glock polymer 80s still feel the same over the nearly completely redesigned Gen5 Glocks? The finger grooves are gone and the texturing changed, there are Mag grab arcs cut at the base of grips, etc. They also used the “X” grip concept for the Gen5s. I gave my son one last year for his birthday (Gen5 G19) and he loves it. I personally don’t own anything except Gen4 Glocks but other than mods on grips and changing out barrels and swapping for night sights, I am fully satisfied with them.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    Personally, I still like the ergo's of the Polymer80s better. The Gen5 has some small changes internally, including a much better recoil spring and a change in the ejector assembly, but I still like the Gen3 internals on the Polymer80. Generally, I swap the plastic recoil spring guide for a steel one, swap the trigger shoe for an aluminum one, like a Keneti-Tec or Suarez Face Shooter, A NDZ anodized aluminum mag release, a Ghost connector, a Ghost extended slide release, and whether Glock or Polymer80 it gets metal sights. Other than the internal changes, for the rest of the parts, I grind off all the rough edges and polish everything.

Before I started building Polymer80's, I picked up a Glock Gen3 G23 LEO trade in for $300. It was in very good shape, showing very little wear on the slide and barrel, but the frame had turned slick from years of carrying, and the front sight was squashed from holster carry. After I got into stippling, and after I had stippled a couple of the Polymer80 frames, I decided to just see what I could do with that old Glock frame. I took off all the finger grooves, under cut the trigger guard some more, and dug out a divot on either side in front of the disassembly lever. Then I laid out a pattern for stippling. I used a custom tip I made and did it in a pattern I call Chainmail, then I stippled the front of the trigger guard and also stippled inside of those divots so it gives your off hand fingers a place to hold. It is now in my EDC rotation and one of my favorite carry pieces. I also carry my Polymer80s too.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 11-18-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links