Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Tell Me About DIY Glocks

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    How about a Glock that holds like a 1911? The Polymer80 fixes most of the issues with Glocks, and if you replace the barrel with an aftermarket barrel, it fixes all of the issues with Glocks. So a Glock clone that doesn't feel like a 2x4 in your hand, can shoot cast bullets, does not give fired rounds the "Glock Bulge" and just simply looks better. Then it has the good things about a Glock, like accuracy and reliability.

It is not about the cost since you really can't sell them. It is about making something with your own skills that ends up being better than the original.

There is one major drawback....they are more addictive to build than ARs.
    I'd just get a 1911 and fix EVERYthing. Well, I say that, don't have a 1911 at the moment. I'm quite happy with my TH9c, instead. I'll likely get another 1911 some day, but GLOCK? Not in MY lifetime.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    10943 times
    LOL, most of my Glock clones do not have a single Glock part on them. I have 1911s and I love them, but my clones address a number of issues with the 1911, such as 17 versus 7 rounds in the magazine, weight, etc.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    I have had 3 Glocks "Perfection" eh Well kept Taurus is the same. The Lowers are like a Ar style build jigs needed can be fun. Then you have Barrel/slide internals as well as slide stop and mag release these are piece meal or kits some sites have whole kits to purchase. It is a project fun to do with kids and grand-kids when weather is bad. Are they fun/reliable nice to pass down YES time consuming YES. If ya do it worth the cost some gripe no others point out great stress relief and some gripe unregulated firearm. Me eh fun to do I passed it along
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Yuck Moo

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    It certainly doesn't sound that cost effective. Of course, I've never actually WANTED a Glock.
    It's not cost effective but it teaches you how to build a handgun. I like the feel better than a real Glock but my choice would be the S&W M&P any day.
    GreenWolf70 and Czechbikr like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links