Tell Me About DIY Glocks - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Tell Me About DIY Glocks

Member #
    Liked
    577 times
    Check out fandffirearms.com they are running a deal right now for 399 shipped you get a complete gun kit minus the magazines.
    Edited signature to fit guidelines....

Member #
    Liked
    4527 times
    Be careful... To paraphrase the line from "A Christmas Story", "You'll shoot your leg off with that thing."
    olfarhors and NativeTexan like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31005 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    So it sounds as if a basic build is around $500.00 Plus 250-300 if it gets fancy. If I succumb to the Glock urge, I'll most likely be searching for LE used equipment.
    It certainly doesn't sound that cost effective. Of course, I've never actually WANTED a Glock.
    jtg452 and olfarhors like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10705 times
    .....what happened to the delete button?
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; Yesterday at 07:09 PM.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    10705 times
    How about a Glock that holds like a 1911? The Polymer80 fixes most of the issues with Glocks, and if you replace the barrel with an aftermarket barrel, it fixes all of the issues with Glocks. So a Glock clone that doesn't feel like a 2x4 in your hand, can shoot cast bullets, does not give fired rounds the "Glock Bulge" and just simply looks better. Then it has the good things about a Glock, like accuracy and reliability.

It is not about the cost since you really can't sell them. It is about making something with your own skills that ends up being better than the original.

There is one major drawback....they are more addictive to build than ARs.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    26745 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    Be careful... To paraphrase the line from "A Christmas Story", "You'll shoot your leg off with that thing."
    All I can say is that being here from Georgy and near Symrna if you ever get to tour the Glock Factory just take note how many of the employees are handicap and use canes, walkers and wheel chairs!
    that's all I got to say about it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26745 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    How about a Glock that holds like a 1911? T
    OK thats just plain wrong and vicious right there!
    no call for you to be saying such things!!!
    isn't there a forum rule about such???
    IF not there should be!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10705 times
    just like a Glock and a 1911 had babies.

Name:  Poly80V2 flip.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  Sig Clone e.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  104.8 KB
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7490 times
    I shot my grand daughters G19 once in the past . Compared to my PT24/7 DS it felt cheap and like a toy water gun . Now grant it many ppl love Glocks and I wonít condemn that . But I wonít ever buy one . My GD shot my PT24/7 and the only complaint she had was itís a 17+1 and it weighted slightly more . I told her thatís because itís a real gun .......... . She has sold her G19 since then .

Member #
    Liked
    7490 times
    I always wondered tho why is it that when there’s a shooting and police are involved , why do they always have to empty their gun before they’re sure the perpetrator is stopped ?? Never understood that ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links