What's the skinny on the late model S&W M22A's?
    Member #
    Liked
    3506 times

What's the skinny on the late model S&W M22A's?

Buddy of mine may sell me his S&W M22A. He has offered it to me for a better than fair price, but I've never even heard of it. He does have a few spare parts with it, such as recoil springs/metal guide rod, buffers, firing pins/springs, and a complete bolt assembly. According to the serial number, it is one of the last ones off the floor before they axed it for the Victory Model. I've shot it, and not one hiccup unless you try to race it. It would do double taps fine, but hated mag dumps. It kind of reminds me of the Beretta Neos with a better grip.

What say ye? Worth picking up for around a Franklin?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    I have one, bought as a used looked like new never fired gun. I think its ugley, but its a tac driver. Its worth it for Frankin. I think they where marketed as a inexepensive get into comp shooting 22.

Member #
    Liked
    22435 times
    I'd buy it, and I already have one. One of the most comfortable grips I've ever used (shape and material). Excellent trigger for an inexpensive gun. Simple to strip. Mine runs just about any ammo. Very accurate. I have to say that I never tried a "mag dump" with it. I'm not sure why I would, but to each his own.

You have to swap out the recoil buffer every once in a while, but that's no big deal. Not a bad idea to keep some spare parts on a discontinued pistol. They are worth more than they are selling for and they are selling for more than $100.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3506 times
    Well, I picked it up a bit ago. One of the reasons he let me have it so cheap was I helped him replace his well pump controls and wire in a backup genset for it. Easy job, just time consuming running all the fresh wiring. Only came with one magazine, so will be nabbing a couple more before they disappear.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links