Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Unexpected purchase

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times

Unexpected purchase

I went to the Mesquite gun show today with my buddy, to help him pick out a good AR-15. I thought I might pick up some reloading supplies, if the price was right, but I wasn't really in shopping mode. After taking a break from AR's, we were looking at a vendor's handguns and I ran across a S&W M&P in .40 S&W. It's a full sized gun, and it looked like it might have been previously owned, but it was in terrific shape. I was stunned to see a price tag of $310 on the gun.

I've been saying out loud for a while that I need a good 40 cal gun because I've never had a gun in that caliber, and if the only ammo I could get my hands on was 40 cal, I'd be out of luck. So, I've had it in the back of my mind to keep an eye out for one of these. Luckily, the finance department (my wife) had texted me earlier in the day to buy something if I wanted to. After confirming with her that this amount was okay, I paid for the gun and it was mine. It came with two 15 round mags, and 3 different backstraps. As I said before, it looks like it's hardly ever been fired and I can't wait to get it to the range. I'm not sure at this point if I will carry it, or if it will just be a range gun, but this gun was meant to be carried, that much I know. I may at some point order a holster and an extra mag so I can carry it when I want to. Can't wait to shoot it !

And now, some pics....

-
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Nice hand cannon. Can’t wait to hear how it shoots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    texastaurusguy likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33057 times
    That Smith&Wesson will serve you well.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    512 times
    Sweet Smith! And at a good price...shoot it in good health

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times
    I almost forgot, it's time to buy some 40 cal dies now.
    MOONDAWG, jwc007 and Kevin Keith like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

Member #
    Liked
    529 times
    My buddy has one of.those in .40. I like shooting his M&P way better than my G2 PT140.
    Enjoy!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20036 times
    Nice pistol at a good price! Which blackstrap ya gonna go with? In my full size pistols I usually go with the middle sized one.

To Car_Doc: Most folk might be surprised by my most carried 40 cal is my old 3rd Generation PT140 MilPros.
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 09-07-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times
    The middle sized one is on there now, I will probably put the large one on and see how it feels. It will be between the two.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20718 times
    Sweet Deal! Congratulations and may it serve you well!

Have heard great things about the S&W M&P line. The closest thing I have to that is my S&W SW9VE, which I like quite a bit.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Eh I would have passed, I have had 2 No Luck. But Others have found them a dream Good Luck may it serve well
    Yuck Moo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links