Bought this today. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Bought this today.

Member #
    Liked
    10946 times
    More than likely they just want you to buy the more expensive model. CW, and now CM, line is their price leader, but they are really known for their higher priced models that made their rep with bodyguard use.
    Czechbikr and taurustoter like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety64 View Post
    Very nice. Is that an aluminum alloy slide. I'm curious about the weight and barrel length. Let us know where the trigger breaks. Something like that might be in my future.
    No, it's made of 400 series stainless steel.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Congrats on your new Slide Gun. How does the off center feed ramp look? I'm curious as to how it works.
    Welp, I do have another Kahr. It's the TP9, in 9mm, and have around 600 or so rounds through it...still as solid as the day I bought it. I had some malfunctions when I first got it, until I hit around 100 rounds or so through it. No issues since.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dogchild View Post
    Yeah, more fancy than the "value" series, but I wanted traditional cut rifling, not polygonal. In .45 ACP, I wanted the ability to run lead bullets...can't do that with polygonal barrels.

Also, I didn't have the money right now to pony up for the higher-end models.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    After looking for a Kahr CW-45 a number of years ago, I got a very good discount on a CW-40 that is my go to daily carry. In the past the CW-45 has been hard to find as they sell out almost immediately. Three times I tried to get to a sale on the Kahrs and each time the CW-45s (and the CW-9s) were gone before I got there and twice I had the last CW-40 in my hand and someone bought it before I could pull the trigger on a decision. The last time as I was thinking about it (I really had wanted the CW-45) and the LGS owner knocked another $25 off, so I bought it. I was astonished at how much I like that CW-40. It was my first .40 S&W and brought me around to liking the round.
    Kahr is recognized as having the best DAO trigger on the market and the thin design makes for a easy to carry, easy to conceal pistol. You will never notice the offset feed ramp unless you pull it apart to look at it, but the Kahr design does sit just a little lower in your hand and is therefore just a little lighter recoiling than most guns in its weight class.

I never really wanted any gun in 40 S&W but saw a CM40 at a great price so I bought it. Turned out to be such an awesome shooter that it soon became my #1 EDC.

Member #
    Liked
    3415 times
    I had one a few years back ... Worked great with 1911 mags ... I traded for a Ruger Security Six with a 6 inch barrel ... ..
    taurustoter likes this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    Well, got the CW45 out to the range today, and it ran 100% with ball and 230 grain JHP's. I really like the "dot the i" sights...they were fast for me. I started out shooting a little high, but after getting used to the sights, it was just like shooting my 9mm version, just a bit more recoil. Seriously though, the recoil was no problem for me.

After I got the first magazine or two through the gun, the other four magazines were putting them where they needed to be. I like these Kahr pistols.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    I also like the Kahrs and have several. The first I bought was a PM9 back in 2009. I was struck by how accurate it was, not just for such a small pistol but kind of plain, "stupid accurate". Big smile that day at the range.

A few years ago I got a new TP45 from buds for $340. That was a crazy price in early 2016. It shot nice, but the 7-round grip was way to long for me to consider for carry, so I did a grip chop. It takes the 6 round flush mags like your CW45.

Name:  20160420_211055-20-40.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  69.2 KB
    Last edited by unclenunzie; 09-10-2019 at 08:28 AM. Reason: pic
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10946 times
    Over 10 years ago, I ran into a friend from work in the LGS. He was looking for a new pistol. Following "expert" advice, he had purchased a shrouded hammer S&W .38SPL and after trying to learn how to accurately shoot it, he was having a hard time keeping rounds on paper at 10 feet with it and had finally decided it was not working for him. I told him to buy a box of 9mm ammo and let's go back to their indoor range. That particular LGS has a rental board of just about all of the pistols they carry and you can shoot them for free it you purchase your ammo from them. So I pulled a CW-9 off the board and got him settled with it on one of the lanes. I could see his face light up as he was putting nice 2"-3" groups on paper at 10 feet, then 25 feet and later 50 feet. He went back into the LGS and bought one, he was so impressed. We shot a good bit on that range back then and he got better and better. He was so impressed with it that he bought one for his wife and one for his daughter. Then about 5 years ago he took off from work with the family (he owns a software company) for 3 weeks and they went together to a school on concealed carry, defensive tactics, etc. He said they had never shot so much in their lives.

He and I both wore suits at work back then and the CW-9 fit right into that environment. He got a Crossbreed Super Tuck holster and a dressy 1 1/4" gun belt. He wore it tucked under his shirt because he often pulls off his jacket while on stage lecturing or teaching. To my knowledge no one, including those he worked with daily, ever knew he was carrying.

Why those internet experts continue to taut shrouded hammer revolvers as good first defense pistol is beyond me. Their DAO triggers are usually so bad that I refer to them as pokem guns, in that you should poke the bad guy with it and then pull the trigger if you want to have a good chance of hitting your target. The combination of lightweight and atrocious trigger makes for a terrible pistol to learn how to shoot with, that frustrates most people to the point that they give up. I understand the need for simplicity and lightweight, but I would suggest a revolver with an exposed hammer, just so they can learn with the single action before tackling double action.

But the CW and CM series of Kahr pistols are good first pistols for people new to firearms. They are simple to operate, safe, accurate, low recoiling for their weight class, and above all reliable. I like the CW series better than the CM because I like the longer grip and my holsters pull the grip into my body so a longer grip is not a concealment issue. As far as the trigger, I do not know of anyone who makes a DAO trigger this smooth, this good, at twice and even triple the price. I never feel underarmed with my CW-40 and it goes under dress clothes better than anything else I have, except maybe my 738. When I look at it, it is easily my most worn holster, and it is probably getting time to make another for it. I think that holster has more than 10 years of almost daily carry on it.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 09-10-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Czechbikr and taurustoter like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    256 times
    Great choice. I have had a CW45 for a few years now. Very accurate and no problems with feeding or ejecting. I have medium size hands and the CW45 fits my hand size well almost like a smaller size 1911. Six rounds of 45 ACP are adequate but I added a 7 round magazine too.
    GreenWolf70 and taurustoter like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links