Who has an "oddball brand" handgun that you're impressed with? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Who has an "oddball brand" handgun that you're impressed with?

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I keep wrestling with getting a .32 ACP...I see the surplus CZ's every now and again for 200.00 +/-. Resisting having to set up for another caliber.
    You know that there are a flood of Beretta 81s and 81BB surplus Italian Police pistols on the market right now at the $200.00 range. DA/SA and utterly reliable double stack 12 + 1 32acps.

Last edited by sig_230; 09-02-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    bobbojama, Qwiks draw and Hyway like this.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    22222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sig_230 View Post
    I have a few but never considered them "oddball brands" so not sure they qualify.

The coolest thing about the Ortgies....there isn't a single screw in the gun.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2828 times
    I should have included my Maks and CZ82

Maloy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    CZ 83 in .32ACP
    2 Zastava m57s in 7.62x25
    Bulgarian Makarov
    Czechbikr and Qwiks draw like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I keep wrestling with getting a .32 ACP...I see the surplus CZ's every now and again for 200.00 +/-. Resisting having to set up for another caliber.
    Cant speak to reloading but you wouldn’t regret getting a 32 auto. I can easily see it dominating your range sessions.
    Czechbikr and Qwiks draw like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    41720 times
    Lionheart LH9

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    10750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    I picked up a Russian Nagant revolver from a friend of mine years ago. I can’t recall the last time I fired this darn thing. 7.62X38R ammo is very difficult to find. Google a Russian Nagant and you’ll see what it looks like.
    I heard the Nagant will handle all all the .32s up to the H&R Mag. Is this true?
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    6355 times
    I have a 22 single action Röhm Gesellschaft (RG) that was purchased in 1975. It is 22 LR or 22 magnum (different cylinders). It has thousands of rounds through it and never a problem.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5040 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I heard the Nagant will handle all all the .32s up to the H&R Mag. Is this true?
    NO!
    Read this article
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895
    especially the section about half way down the page called "Cartridges".

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31059 times

Polish P64 9x18 Mak with Marschal grips. It has Wolff springs in it. It's quite accurate and points naturally for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kevin Keith and bobbojama like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    10750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    NO!
    Read this article
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895
    especially the section about half way down the page called "Cartridges".
    And yet Backwoodsman magazine had an article about shooting the .32 family of cartridges through this pistol. The author used the pistol to dispatch animals captured in his traps, if I remember. And quite frankly, I don't understand the warning about using the .32 cartridges in the Nagant, The cartridges still fully seat in the cylinder, it still closes the cylinder gap when firing and the larger forcing cone still functions as a forcing cone. And honestly, Wikipedia is not known for verifying the correctness of their entries. Is anyone out there who has actual experience shooting the Nagant with .32 cartridges?
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links