RUGER SR1911 - LIGHTWEIGHT COMMANDER 9mm
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: RUGER SR1911 - LIGHTWEIGHT COMMANDER 9mm

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    214 times

RUGER SR1911 - LIGHTWEIGHT COMMANDER 9mm

Does anyone else on the forum have one of these pistols, or have sused one?. I got mine around April this year and it's a fantastic pistol to shoot. I'm up to speed with it now, shooting comps at my club at 10, 15 and 25m. I have added some wood grips, bought a couple of Wilson Combat 10 round mags (through Brownell's UK).

The fit and finish is spot on. OK, it's not a custom job, but Ruger make them as near as dammit bomb proof. Very low recoil, good weight in the hand and, when I do my bit, it's very accurate too.. Well happy with this pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    1599 times
    I don't have one of those but I have a full-size SR1911 in 45 and absolutely love it.

Glad to hear that this lightweight 9mm is working great for you.
    jonrjen and ManxTom like this.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    214 times
    I was lucky enough to be able to try out all the SR1911 models last year when visiting friends in MS. I thought they were all fine guns but the Commander just felt right in my hands. Got the bug for 1911's when I was stationed in Germany with the Army and we had some US Rangers attached to us for training. We got to shoot their 1911's a lot and I came to hate the Browning Hi-Power we were issued with.. this is back in the mid 1970's.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31438 times
    My old AMT 1911 got ripped off. They did me a favor. I used the insurance to buy a new (at that time, now discontinued) KP90DC which I love. They've been out of production, discontinued when ol' Bill passed away.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    ...I came to hate the Browning Hi-Power we were issued with.. this is back in the mid 1970's.
    That makes me sad MT! I had a Hi-Power years ago but sold it. As usual, I regret the sale.
    NativeTexan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    That makes me sad MT! I had a Hi-Power years ago but sold it. As usual, I regret the sale.
    I have no idea what black arts our regimental armourers were up to but it was barely possible to pick ANY Hi-Power and not have the mag drop out at some stage; usually when you drew it from the holster...!!! Caused a lot of red faces with the officer types.. I was in Northern Ireland in the 70's and I refused to carry one, happier (and safer) to stick with my 7.62 SLR.
    Kevin Keith likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27020 times
    I think the Ruger SR series may very well be the best buy in a 1911 currently.
    for me they pretty much include everything that I want on a 1911 and nothing that I don't want.
    great quality, great customer service!
    I am more fond of the LT WT Commander in a 45 acp however.
    to be honest IF Ruger made one in a 38 Super they would have already send one to me house!
    Still thinking about a SR1911 in 10 MM and the target model. here just below 9 bills !
    morrcarr67 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post

...Still thinking about a SR1911 in 10 MM and the target model. here just below 9 bills !
    Mine cost me the equivalent of $1,295..!! If you choose to shoot, anywhere in UK / GB it's going to cost you..!!
    morrcarr67 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    I have an SR1911 Commander, but not the lightweight version. Still, it's one of the best pistols I've ever shot. I'm superbly pleased with it. I can shoot it more accurately than any other handgun I've tried. The build quality is awesome for the price. Good choice on your part! Enjoy and be safe.
    ManxTom likes this.
    Robert

Coatesville, PA USA (Suburban Philadelphia)

NRA Patriot "Patron" Life Member

Amateur Radio Call Sign: KB3ZIM

Major Italian Car and Italian Firearm Fan!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31438 times
    You guys SUCK! Now, I'm actually thinking I need another 1911 and I love Rugers, own 10 of 'em of one sort or another. BUT, I don't need another carry!
    ManxTom likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links