I found a gun I don't care for!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I found a gun I don't care for!

Member #
    Liked
    5867 times

Unhappy I found a gun I don't care for!

A week ago I bought a Walther PPK/S In 22 long rifle. It is a nice looking gun manufactured by a quality firearms company and I was really looking forward to enjoying it. That is not happening....

I just don't like the gun. I fired one magazine load of 10 rounds and I decided I don't ever need to fire anymore out of this gun.I suffered slide bite 3 times in 10 rounds. The trigger is very heavy in double action and that by itself is OK. My problem with the trigger is that I have large hands with long fingers and when I try to shoot it double action I can't pull it back far enough to set it off.

For a small gun it is heavy. It probably weighs as much as a glock 26. Once again, because of my large hands, the gun feels too thin and I just feel like I have no place to put all my fingers!

Please don't take me wrong. I am not saying the gun is Junk Or that I would not recommend this particular gun to someone else. The problems I have with the gun are strictly my own and do not reflect on the quality of the firearm. The gun is LNIB And I think I am just going to put it all back in the Box, put it back into the bottom of safe, and yes leave it there for perpetuity. When I am gone it will just be another gun for my wife to sell.

I am actually sorry I didn't like the gun, I was looking forward to shooting it!

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    22049 times
    Yeah, the Walther PP and family are sort of famous for slide bite. I don't have a problem but I have to be careful about my grip. I'll agree the DA is usually heavy on these. The reality is this is an old design and one of the reasons engineers have sought to improve things.
    jtg452, olfarhors and jwc007 like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    6519 times
    I also had a PPK/S, but mine was in 380. Really nice gun but I didn't like it. It went away and turned into a Taurus 85 and boot.
    Later I found a used Walther PP in 7.65 (32 Auto). Now that I like, it's a keeper....
    U.S. Navy 2-63/3-86 Retired E-8, MMCS
    Caterpillar Field Service Tech 1988-2007
    Retired and loving it!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Back in the 80's I bought a Walther PPK/S in stainless (I had a sailboat at the time). It was a jam-o-matic. It went back to Interarms twice. Interarms offered to trade it for a blued PP. I took the offer. The PP was a beautiful pistol. I ended up trading it on a Colt Gold Cup National Match. I love my Gold Cup.

Member #
    Liked
    26475 times
    WOW
    Mister Bond is not going to like this post one little bit!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    loudviking, Qwiks draw and jwc007 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    11037 times
    Thanks for the insight.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    I like mine, I'll give You a hundred bucks for it.
    DeltaBravoKS, jimb1972 and jwc007 like this.
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    -Patches O'Houlihan

Member #
    Liked
    19048 times
    Next time I watch a classic 007 movie,I'm going to check Mr. Bond's hand for slide bite. Probably isn't there, but I'll do it, anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    6720 times
    Go get yourself a Bersa Thunder 22, or even better -- a Thunder 380.

Once you get over the disappointment of paying a LOT less for basically the same gun, you'll have to deal with the idea that you've bought a cheaper gun that functions a whole lot better.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    31152 times
    I've always liked the look of these classic Walthers, but I really dislike DA/SA action.

No matter a gun's reputation, if it doesn't fit your hand the reputation doesn't matter. That's how Glocks are with me. They feel like they were designed by someone who'd never seen a hand.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links