I found a gun I don't care for! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I found a gun I don't care for!

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    I feel your pain. I put a Bersa .45 on layaway when I really couldn't afford it. I paid as best I could, and when I finally got it... it was awful. The shells ejected right into my forehead. The finish started flaking off the first time I shot it, especially around the extractor. I figured I would look at the finish under the extractor, and when I drifted it out, underneath it was all coming off as I feared. So I took a tooth pick.... a wooden tooth pick.... and started scraping the finish off... the toothpick went through the extractor slot into the firing pin chamber..... I had a 380 Bersa years ago and really liked it. I can't to this day see how they could be so diametrically apposed as far as quality. Anyway I put it back together and sold it. Kinda a crappy thing to do.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20370 times
    Sorry you have had issues with your Walther PPK/S .22. If you want a .22LR Pistol for plinking or light defense, I would recommend instead a Ruger SR22 or the new Taurus TX22.
    I've been very well served over the years with a standard Ruger MkII .22LR, but it is not sized for carry.

My Interarms/Walther PPK/S, albeit in .380 ACP, has been a very trusted carry Pistol for many years. A very very accurate little Pistol, for what it's intended use is.
    The only work I ever had done to it was to have a local Master Pistolsmith polish the Feed Ramp for feed reliability.

Yes, the Slide will bite you if you get your grip too high and the lower Slide edges tend to be razor sharp.
    Learned that the hard way, as you can guess. I glued a 1/8' neoprene pad under the frame grip beavertail to help keep my hand from getting sliced.

My .380 PPK/S has now been in semi-retirement since my late production pre-G2 Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro came home.
    Also, I've gone to more mid-size 9mm's for Winter Carry.

Size Comparison of Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm with Walther PPK/S .380
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    Slide Bite has been common amongst Walthers 22lr and 380s. That is why Bersa/Firestorm have a bigger following on their similar guns.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2723 times
    That's why I like my Makarovs over the PPK and PP. Russian and Bulgarian girls don't bite me like the German girls do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links