Springfield Armory XDS-Model -2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Springfield Armory XDS-Model -2

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times

Springfield Armory XDS-Model -2

well a lady friend was up to visit and as usaul we headed to the range to shoot.
    this time there was a motive for the madness other than pleasure and smell of powder.
    She was looking for a carry mini 9 MM semi auto to replace her 38 snubby.
    I carried several of my sub compact and compact 9's for her to try.
    she settled on the Sig 365 after firing them for a couple hours.
    then upon getting ready to leave one of the clerks said hey let me show you guys something we just got in.
    it was a Gear UP package from 2019 with a Springfiled Armory XDS-- thats the sub compact single line mag/ she liked it, and before leaving decided she wanted it.
    so today i took the gun for a test run before turning it over to her for protection.
    the XDS is a 3.3 inch barrel, striker fired, safety trigger and grip safety.
    this one has a super good yellow tritium front sight with white outline and a solid black large U rear sight, ambi mag release.
    it came with 5 magazines-- a 7 round, Four 9 round mags, a test target, a range bag of very good quality, the usual cable and lock and even a flat floor plate for those that don't care for the pinky finger extension.
    anyhow on to the range trip and pictures!
    out of the box the weapon was field stripped, cleaned (very little needed except the barrel) and was re lubed.
    I shot 100 rounds of my reloads (50 --115 grain round nose) and (50 rounds of 124 grain flat point.
    additionally ran 50 rounds of various self defense ammo that was in 10 round groups.
    Fiocchi 92 grain emb copper,
    Barnes 115 grain copper hollow point.
    124 grain Hydra shok.
    115 grain federal classic hollow point
    124 grain Hornady XTP.
    the weapon had not a single mishap of any kind, so 150 through a new out of the box weapon and eating a variety of different weight, power and style of self defense/ range ammo and I think its a winner.
    Now I did pull a few shots in the beginning getting use to the trigger, which by the way is not bad at all, tis just not a Sig 365 trigger quite.
    retail out the door for the package was just under 425.00 by the way.
    Springfield Armory has a lifetime warranty to the ORIGINAL owner for those that care about such.
    just a tad larger than my Sig 365 and recoil and muzzle lift was not bad at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by olfarhors; 07-26-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    taurustoter and kmw1954 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times
    Very nice. I've shot the XDS 9mm and give it two thumbs up. The only reason I wanted a Shield instead was I liked the grip better. But the XDS is a really solid option.

Looks like you and your lady friend had a real good time !
    olfarhors likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Very nice. I've shot the XDS 9mm and give it two thumbs up. The only reason I wanted a Shield instead was I liked the grip better. But the XDS is a really solid option.

Looks like you and your lady friend had a real good time !

I like the way the shield fits my hand and shoots as well.
    I own 2 Springfield, both 1911 and have never ventured into their poly pistols, never shot one until this one.
    at the price and the amount of extras the lady friend decided to go with this as opposed to the Sig 365.
    and the size/weight seems to work for her and her needs, I picked one up for myself but its still in the box (I did mention I was a addict right?)
    anyway the weapon (like a sig 93 is just a tad to large for pocket carry for me and my usual jeans , especially with the extended clippy thangs, so it will be a IWB carry and mostly wanted it because --I did mention that I was an addict right?
    The sig 365 has an advantage in capacity being a 10 + 1 and optional 12 +1 and now 15 +1, although again with the bigger clippy thangs then pocket carry kind of goes out the window for me..
    anyway hope this helps with those that may be looking for what appears to be a well made, smaller 9 MM, the quality of the two I have on hand is quite good and the ramp, chamber may be as well done and highly polished as any weapon that I have.
    yea we always have great time, she loves to shoot and she loves the 45 acp, plus she has all her teeth, good attitude so its kind of a win-win-win.--LOL
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7594 times
    I have the XDs .45ACP which i prefer over the 9mm . Love that gun and i rotate it in my EDC . The one she bought is a great gun ! Question is did you let her test shoot it any at all ???

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    I have the XDs .45ACP which i prefer over the 9mm . Love that gun and i rotate it in my EDC . The one she bought is a great gun ! Question is did you let her test shoot it any at all ???
    wasn't up to me to let her do anything really, but No she did not fire the weapon (yet).
    that was the purpose of me taking 4-5 of my compact/sub compact 9 MM to allow her to fire them.
    I think now after several trips to the range that she has a pretty good knowledge of what fits her, what she likes, she is actually a really , really good shot for no longer than she has been shooting.
    at the end of the day all I can do is test the weapon and make sure it functions correctly and the weapon itself is accurate for defense. and it meets those requirements.
    she can easily rack the slide and drop the magazine, so now she needs to become familiar with one firearm and how to become more accustomed to its operation and how to do things without a lot of thinking about it.
    target practice is pretty much over, now its tactical training and thought process to work on.
    now she will need to use it and practice with it.
    kmw1954 and RonPT24/7 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3505 times
    I have the 9mm Mod2 Service(4" barrel), and it has become the travel gun. Wife loves the ergos, can bust a clay at and I have almost 2K down the pipe without a hiccup. To look at the wear points, you'd swear it had less mileage.
    RonPT24/7, kmw1954 and olfarhors like this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    I have the 9mm Mod2 Service(4" barrel), and it has become the travel gun. Wife loves the ergos, can bust a clay at and I have almost 2K down the pipe without a hiccup. To look at the wear points, you'd swear it had less mileage.
    good to know!
    as i mentioned I have not ever used, looked at , or fired a poly Springfield.
    but I am pretty darned happy with what I have found in these two and seems like most everyone else has like occurrences with theirs.
    what very, very few times that I have called Springfield about customer questions/ assistance they have been very helpful.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    The Springfield XD series are wonderful guns.
    RonPT24/7, olfarhors and YOT like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3865 times
    My wife owns 2 XD Mod 2 4.0 guns that I have posted pictures of before. A black two tone 9mm and a FDE two tone 45acp. She picked them out and she shoots them very well. Both of them.
    olfarhors likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    8977 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well a lady friend was up to visit and as usaul we headed to the range to shoot.
    this time there was a motive for the madness other than pleasure and smell of powder.
    She was looking for a carry mini 9 MM semi auto to replace her 38 snubby.
    I carried several of my sub compact and compact 9's for her to try.
    she settled on the Sig 365 after firing them for a couple hours.
    then upon getting ready to leave one of the clerks said hey let me show you guys something we just got in.
    it was a Gear UP package from 2019 with a Springfiled Armory XDS-- thats the sub compact single line mag/ she liked it, and before leaving decided she wanted it.
    so today i took the gun for a test run before turning it over to her for protection.
    the XDS is a 3.3 inch barrel, striker fired, safety trigger and grip safety.
    this one has a super good yellow tritium front sight with white outline and a solid black large U rear sight, ambi mag release.
    it came with 5 magazines-- a 7 round, Four 9 round mags, a test target, a range bag of very good quality, the usual cable and lock and even a flat floor plate for those that don't care for the pinky finger extension.
    anyhow on to the range trip and pictures!
    out of the box the weapon was field stripped, cleaned (very little needed except the barrel) and was re lubed.
    I shot 100 rounds of my reloads (50 --115 grain round nose) and (50 rounds of 124 grain flat point.
    additionally ran 50 rounds of various self defense ammo that was in 10 round groups.
    Fiocchi 92 grain emb copper,
    Barnes 115 grain copper hollow point.
    124 grain Hydra shok.
    115 grain federal classic hollow point
    124 grain Hornady XTP.
    the weapon had not a single mishap of any kind, so 150 through a new out of the box weapon and eating a variety of different weight, power and style of self defense/ range ammo and I think its a winner.
    Now I did pull a few shots in the beginning getting use to the trigger, which by the way is not bad at all, tis just not a Sig 365 trigger quite.
    retail out the door for the package was just under 425.00 by the way.
    Springfield Armory has a lifetime warranty to the ORIGINAL owner for those that care about such.
    just a tad larger than my Sig 365 and recoil and muzzle lift was not bad at all.
    Similar story. The Mom of one of my 4-H kids will be getting her CHL, and has little experience shooting handguns. Her husband did not want to teach her (good decision, I think), so asked me if I'd work with her. Long story short, once I got her through the .22 portion of the lessons, and she started shooting the center fire, I gave her my XDS to shoot. I've had mine for about a year and a half and have probably 1200 rounds down range. She loved the gun, and has decided that she'll buy one for her carry gun. I also have the XD-mod 2 in .45. Springfield is making a heck of a gun.
    Last edited by Divebum; 07-29-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    YOT and olfarhors like this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links