• 2 Post By GhostHorse
  • 1 Post By taurustoter
  • 2 Post By

Thread: Walther PPK

Member #
    Liked
    5870 times

Thumbs up Walther PPK

I was able to add another 22 caliber hand gun to the pile today. It is a .22 Walther PPK/S LNIB. It has a threaded barrel and a suppressor adapter.

I have had some Medical problems the last 2 and a 1/2 months Dealing with kidney stones. I have one more procedure to do on the 31st and that should hopefully remove the last 2 stones. Reason I am having so much trouble with them is that the stones are very large. These last 2 that they are going after on the 31st are both 15 mm in size

Anyway, the reason I'm telling you all this is that I have been in no shape to shop for or purchase any handguns since the end of May.I have stints Installed And basically I'm restricted to the house. The man who owns my local gun shop does gun shows all over Florida on the weekends. This weekend hes doing show in Miami. I had told him if he sees anything I might be interested in at the show to let me know.

He just called me and asked me if I was interested in this Walther. He said it is in like new in the Box with everything including the paper work that came with the gun originally. The owner wanted $250 for the gun. I thought about it quickly and while I didn't have time to go online to check price I thought that $250 sounded like a good price, especially with the threaded barrel and the adapter. I told him yes I wanted to gun, he purchased it, and I'll pick it up at his gun shop as soon as I can get to Tampa.

I had been doing very well as far as buying new handguns and rifles from my collection up until these kidney stones cause problems and I have not been able to buy anything since may. This Walther makes 13 purchases so far this year. If I can continue like this it will be a very good year.

Now I'm going to do some research and find out if I got ripped off for this Walther.

Don

Name:  IMG_58641.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  783.3 KB
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    19322 times
    I hope the kidney stone issue is resolved soon and completely.

I have no idea what a good price is for the gun but hey, Don needs another .22! Congrats on the new to you pistol.
    BangBang likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11041 times
    Dang Medical crud messing up good gun fun. I get it - been trading down a lot this year to help with medical copays. Hopefully your issues will resolve shorlty and you can get back to running and gunning
    BangBang likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20365 times
    Sorry to hear of your medical troubles and hope they are cleared up soon!

Congrats on the Walther PPK/S .22LR and I think you got a great price on it!
    BangBang likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    3108 times
    Nice pistol! Let us know how it shoots.
    BangBang likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    Keep us posted on how it goes. I've been meaning to try a PPK/S to see if one plays nice with my hand. My PP is fine but all the PPKs I've had have been slice-n-dice.
    BangBang likes this.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    31190 times
    An interesting version of an all-time classic. Congratulations!

13 in one year would be several of my best years put together!
    BangBang and taurustoter like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    An interesting version of an all-time classic. Congratulations!

13 in one year would be several of my best years put together!
    Yeah, me too!
    BangBang likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Very nice, I have an identical Walther PPK/S .22 which I purchased in late 2015 and the only complaint I have about it is the ridiculously heavy 17lb DA trigger, (SA trigger is good though) other than that I absolutely love it.

It cost me $375 when I bought mine brand new, so $250 is an excellent price for a LNiB PPK/S .22.

That being said, BEWARE! There is a lot of misinformation in circulation about these guns, which I've done extensive research on in order to debunk it, but ignorant folks tend to perpetuate it. For your education, here are 3 of the most common bits of misinformation regarding the PPK/S .22:

• "It's not actually made by Walther, it's made by Umarex!"
      FALSE. Walther has been a subsidiary of Umarex since 1993, ergo they share certain facilities/equipment. The Walther PPK/S .22 is manufactured in one of Umarex's facilities, but it is built by Walther employees.
    • "It's made of pot metal!"
      FALSE. Walther Arms USA mistakenly labeled the frame/slide material as "Zinc Diecast" during the pistols launch, but in reality the slide/frame are made of a proprietary alloy which Walther Germany won't divulge the exact composition of, but claims that it is much stronger than ZAMAK, and by the sounds of things (hard to tell since they clearly weren't fluent in English) it isn't a zinc-based alloy at all. It's most likely the same Aluminum alloy they use to made the slides for their 1911 .22 and PPQ .22 replicas.
    • "It's not really a PPK/S at all, it's just a P22 dressed up as one!"
      FALSE. Take a look at a disassembled PPK/S .22 and a PPK/S .380, they're identical, unlike a disassembled P22 which is very different. The only thing the PPK/S .22 has in common with the P22 is the barrel assembly, which uses the exact same barrel, shroud, and thread protector. The magazine is also of a similar design, but they aren't interchangeable.

By the way, I strongly recommend using premium, high velocity ammo like CCI Mini Mag. It doesn't cycle standard velocity ammo reliabily. Some say that after a break-in period it will cycle standard velocity ammo, but personally I've just stuck with CCI Mini Mags, so I can't confirm nor deny this.

P.S. Get well soon!
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 07-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    BangBang and jwc007 like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Sponsored Links