Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Review of the RedBox Sig P320 carry in 9mm

Tags
9mm carry p320 sig
2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
The reviews just keep on coming, for my third one this week I chose to review a used redbox Sig P320 in the carry size frame. I found this pistol at my favorite LGS listed for $399. Its purchase was covered by some of my trade ins and I got $20 off the asking price, so $379 OTD.
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

This is what you get in the redbox version; A great big red box, the pistol, a user manual, a lock and one spare magazine. My Sig has been shot and has expected wear to the barrel and top inside of the slide. It had some heavy grease in a few places, and grease packed into the recoil asm. The magazines had both spent time outside and had some crud on the inside walls and on the springs. So basically I did a clean and lube and it was ready to go.
Scale model Machine Metal

This is how it looks after 200 rounds. This P320 is the same size as a new 320 I bought a few years ago, but ended up selling to buy another wonder 9. The only difference is this model comes with the Sig night sites, which still work well. Specs: SLIDE FINISH is Nitron,SLIDE MATERIAL is stainless steel, M1913 pic rail,BARREL 3.9 in long ,OVERALL LENGTH is
7.2in, WIDTH is 1.3 in, HEIGHT is 5.5 in, WEIGHT is 26.5 oz with an unloaded mag and 34.3 oz's with 16+1 of 115 grn 9mm. The listed trigger pull weight is 5.5 lbs but mine is heavier at 6 lbs. The 320 trigger has a short takeup to a softish wall and a clean break, the reset is about 1/4 inch. LOP is 2.66".
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

The ergos are excellent and the sights work well in the daylight, but not as bright as the contrast sights. I ran about 200 rounds through it so far with no malfunctions. The magazine release is situated perfectly for me, and the mags fly out.
Animation Recreation Illustration Shooting sport Art

This 12 X 18 target was set at 20 yards and is the result of fast firing to center mass and head, running through a 17 round mag in less then 9 seconds. As expected the 320 is an excellent shooter, with no surprises. I will be adding this to my winter carry rotation. Thank you for your time.

See less See more
#3 ·
I wonder now that Sig has the new larger version of the 365 and likely will spread maybe even further if the 320 series will be put out to pasture?
sad to lose a good perfomrer but you don't need a lot of the same thign in the same basic packages.

#5 ·
I just keep missing these on sale, the .40 S&W version is consistently available. I don't see the 320 disappearing anytime soon. It's still a big seller for Sig. Congrats!

#6 ·
That looks very similar to my Compact P320; except mine is 357SIG. Looks to have a slightly longer grip but slightly shorter barrel/dustcover. Yeah - like an X Carry.

Attachments

#7 ·
The smallest version of the 320 is a subcompact. I thought about it, but honestly, it would never replace my Ruger SR9c. Same size, same capacity. My SIG 320 was originally the FS version, which came with a full length slide/barrel on a compact frame. The guns come standard in the "Medium" grip which wasn't bad, but felt a bit beefy for me. I bought a compact slide/barrel and added a new compact grip, but in the "Small" size. The small grip still takes a 15rd magazine, but is noticeably thinner and is perfect for me. So I converted my gun to a compact with a thinner grip. The other handguns I have all have good features and I like them, but the SIG 320 has all the good features that the others have, just in parts.

#9 ·
Congratulations on your new-to-you X-series Sig P320 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

I happen to like that particular Barrel/Grip Size combination and were I in the market for one, that is what I would get.

Reactions: silverstring
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.