• 3 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By jwc007

Thread: Review of the RedBox Sig P320 carry in 9mm

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11204 times

Review of the RedBox Sig P320 carry in 9mm

The reviews just keep on coming, for my third one this week I chose to review a used redbox Sig P320 in the carry size frame. I found this pistol at my favorite LGS listed for $399. Its purchase was covered by some of my trade ins and I got $20 off the asking price, so $379 OTD.
    Name:  P1030498b.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  652.3 KB
    This is what you get in the redbox version; A great big red box, the pistol, a user manual, a lock and one spare magazine. My Sig has been shot and has expected wear to the barrel and top inside of the slide. It had some heavy grease in a few places, and grease packed into the recoil asm. The magazines had both spent time outside and had some crud on the inside walls and on the springs. So basically I did a clean and lube and it was ready to go.
    Name:  P1030495b.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  615.8 KB
    This is how it looks after 200 rounds. This P320 is the same size as a new 320 I bought a few years ago, but ended up selling to buy another wonder 9. The only difference is this model comes with the Sig night sites, which still work well. Specs: SLIDE FINISH is Nitron,SLIDE MATERIAL is stainless steel, M1913 pic rail,BARREL 3.9 in long ,OVERALL LENGTH is
    7.2in, WIDTH is 1.3 in, HEIGHT is 5.5 in, WEIGHT is 26.5 oz with an unloaded mag and 34.3 oz's with 16+1 of 115 grn 9mm. The listed trigger pull weight is 5.5 lbs but mine is heavier at 6 lbs. The 320 trigger has a short takeup to a softish wall and a clean break, the reset is about 1/4 inch. LOP is 2.66".
    Name:  P1030497b.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  600.1 KB
    The ergos are excellent and the sights work well in the daylight, but not as bright as the contrast sights. I ran about 200 rounds through it so far with no malfunctions. The magazine release is situated perfectly for me, and the mags fly out.
    Name:  P1030496b.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  655.9 KB
    This 12 X 18 target was set at 20 yards and is the result of fast firing to center mass and head, running through a 17 round mag in less then 9 seconds. As expected the 320 is an excellent shooter, with no surprises. I will be adding this to my winter carry rotation. Thank you for your time.
    bigC, olfarhors, jwc007 and 7 others like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    2197 times
    Sounds like another good one to join the crew.
    silverstring likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    I wonder now that Sig has the new larger version of the 365 and likely will spread maybe even further if the 320 series will be put out to pasture?
    sad to lose a good perfomrer but you don't need a lot of the same thign in the same basic packages.
    silverstring and jwc007 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I wonder now that Sig has the new larger version of the 365 and likely will spread maybe even further if the 320 series will be put out to pasture?
    sad to lose a good perfomrer but you don't need a lot of the same thign in the same basic packages.
    I agree with the Xtac carry frames and the recent addition to the 365 line seem to point to retiring the 320 frame pistols, however since the military and several new LEO contracts for the standard versions of the P320 are still in play. It probably won't happen soon.
    olfarhors and jwc007 like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27019 times
    I just keep missing these on sale, the .40 S&W version is consistently available. I don't see the 320 disappearing anytime soon. It's still a big seller for Sig. Congrats!
    silverstring and jwc007 like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times
    That looks very similar to my Compact P320; except mine is 357SIG. Looks to have a slightly longer grip but slightly shorter barrel/dustcover. Yeah - like an X Carry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BigBlue, silverstring and jwc007 like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    1109 times
    The smallest version of the 320 is a subcompact. I thought about it, but honestly, it would never replace my Ruger SR9c. Same size, same capacity. My SIG 320 was originally the FS version, which came with a full length slide/barrel on a compact frame. The guns come standard in the "Medium" grip which wasn't bad, but felt a bit beefy for me. I bought a compact slide/barrel and added a new compact grip, but in the "Small" size. The small grip still takes a 15rd magazine, but is noticeably thinner and is perfect for me. So I converted my gun to a compact with a thinner grip. The other handguns I have all have good features and I like them, but the SIG 320 has all the good features that the others have, just in parts.
    silverstring likes this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    I agree with the Xtac carry frames and the recent addition to the 365 line seem to point to retiring the 320 frame pistols, however since the military and several new LEO contracts for the standard versions of the P320 are still in play. It probably won't happen soon.

Sig makes a long line of fine examples of pistolas, seems they keep a lot of fair sellers in production for a long time though.
    there is a lot of overlap in many of the models both from the past and now in the present.
    brand loyalty will allow you to do that however.
    silverstring, jwc007 and BigBlue like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21054 times
    Congratulations on your new-to-you X-series Sig P320 and may it serve you well!

I happen to like that particular Barrel/Grip Size combination and were I in the market for one, that is what I would get.
    silverstring likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links