For those of you who think the Rhino is just too mundane.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: For those of you who think the Rhino is just too mundane....

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Next time a thread comes up about the lack of innovation in firearms design, remember this thread. No one wants to innovate because the old men of the gun culture have very set ideas.
    I wouldn't really call this innovative.

Honestly, to call this innovative is not unlike how certain people like to call anything new & different "avant-garde" completely ignoring that "avant-garde" indicates something that will ultimately catch on due to how obviously useful it is.

This isn't a new concept, it's an amalgamation of existing concepts, many of which dating back over a century ago and haven't resurfaced since due to the fact that they were found to be impractical.

Furthermore, there have been plenty of actual innovations in the field of firearms which have easily caught on and now folks make fun of those who made ignorant comments about how silly they were initially, with many even going as far as to admit to their own ignorance on the subject and making fun of themselves for it, so your "old men" comment is totally incorrect.
    Folks will always be a little bit resistant to change at first, especially when they are already set in their ways and like to stick with that which has served them well rather than rushing to adopt the latest thing, but when something comes along which truly brings something innovative to the table with obvious appeal/intrinsic value, folks tend to flock to it with little hesitation.

So yes, I'll remember this thread next time a truly innovative firearm hits the market which everyone immediately recognizes. I doubt it will be very long either, because in my honest opinion the advancement in firearms technology has been rather vast over the past decade or so, with multiple examples of innovation which ultimately caught on.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32599 times
    I equate things like this to concept cars. Most people wouldn’t actually buy one, though interesting, but there might be one small thing found in it, to be useful.
    No, I wouldn’t have one of these pistols, it’s ugly for starters.
    olfarhors likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2209 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    I wouldn't really call this innovative.

Honestly, to call this innovative is not unlike how certain people like to call anything new & different "avant-garde" completely ignoring that "avant-garde" indicates something that will ultimately catch on due to how obviously useful it is.

This isn't a new concept, it's an amalgamation of existing concepts, many of which dating back over a century ago and haven't resurfaced since due to the fact that they were found to be impractical.

Furthermore, there have been plenty of actual innovations in the field of firearms which have easily caught on and now folks make fun of those who made ignorant comments about how silly they were initially, with many even going as far as to admit to their own ignorance on the subject and making fun of themselves for it, so your "old men" comment is totally incorrect.
    Folks will always be a little bit resistant to change at first, especially when they are already set in their ways and like to stick with that which has served them well rather than rushing to adopt the latest thing, but when something comes along which truly brings something innovative to the table with obvious appeal/intrinsic value, folks tend to flock to it with little hesitation.

So yes, I'll remember this thread next time a truly innovative firearm hits the market which everyone immediately recognizes. I doubt it will be very long either, because in my honest opinion the advancement in firearms technology has been rather vast over the past decade or so, with multiple examples of innovation which ultimately caught on.
    I don't follow gun technology at all. Can you provide a couple of examples of vast advancement in firearms technology in the last decade that caught on? They all "look" the same to me, and a gun made in 2019 seems to have the same technology as those made in 2009, so I'd be interested if I'm somehow missing out by buying older guns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackops View Post
    I t empties itself in 4 pulls of the trigger instead of 5
    well Depending on Pocket size this will empty itself in one pull of the trigger and it holds like 30 rounds as well.----
    I guess I could tote it in an ankle holster since I can't find a pocket big enough?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackops View Post
    I t empties itself in 4 pulls of the trigger instead of 5
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    5869 times
    As usual, with any new gun Or unique gun design I want one.

I just got off the phone with standard manufacturing. Now, follow me on this and I'm going to tell you what they said. They said that from the 1st day that the guns were produced they were offered for sale on their website. They had no idea how much demand there was going to be.The 1st day of sales and their website was overwhelmed and went down.

As of today they are not sending guns to any distributor or individual dealer. They are going to sell to private citizensUntil the backlog is caught up with and there is no longer a waiting list. That sounds OK but and it's a pretty good butThey don't have any guns! They want me to pay them on a credit card today and they hope to deliver the gun in about 2 months. So actually they want the customers to finance their future production.

I think I'll wait and see what happens.......

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    2177 times
    Standard does produce good stuff. I've handled several of their single actions, they are quality. Use a major credit card, they'll help you recoup if there's an issue.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links