Charter Arms Boomer 44 Special - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Charter Arms Boomer 44 Special

Member #
    Liked
    11010 times
    I like my Taurus Model 445. I don't see them around much anymore.

Name:  Taurus Model 445.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  96.4 KB
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    1323 times
    Boomers are a neat study in snubbies. 5 rds. of bad breath repellent, just press to inflate. The black nitride finish stainless should last a millenium. It's one I'd like to own soon.

Boomer is a lightweight revolver, capable of delivering big lead, but not the sort of revolver I'd want to run with larger hunting rounds & porkchop grips.

My Bulldog runs well on a diet of of 200 hard cast LSWC, propelled with a moderate 6.5 gr. load of HP-38. Makes nice round holes and can still ventilate a 1987 Ford Taurus.

The stock rubber grips were a decent fit on my Bulldog, but I wanted a laser grip zeroed in at 50'.

Only drawback to C/A's bobbed hammer is that it might bite down on the inside of a coat pocket. This is where a complete shroud (M40 Centennial)could benefit the user.

Yours looks like a keeper too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lomax; 07-12-2019 at 03:49 AM. Reason: sp
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    6436 times
    Nice little hand canon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31475 times
    I guess the front sight not being there means it's a very up close and personal gun. I can't imagine that being pleasant to shoot with heavier loads but it does give you a major caliber to put into a perp. It might be designed to fire from your pocket, or maybe to clear your pocket cleanly without that front sight......congrats on the new gun !
    Buckeye! likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    3420 times
    Got my new Charter hat
    (Made in USA)
    And my rebate check for $25.00 today
    Smokewagon and Lomax like this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12