Growing .45 AUTO 1911 Family
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Growing .45 AUTO 1911 Family

Member #
    Liked
    1123 times

Growing .45 AUTO 1911 Family

Went to Dave’s Old Rusty Guns and picked up this sweetheart yesterday. This early morn I spent some time cleaning up the new to me Kimber.

Mfg.’d in in 2013, it’s last owner hadn’t shot it much. I bet recoil stings like a Bee with 230 ball loads and its dual 18# recoil springs. As far as wear, I doubt if a box of ammo had been ran through it. The gun was sparkly clean inside except for the brown colored greasy substance smeared on the frame to slide rail contacts. This gun’s really tight, but grease? What it needs is to be broken in properly. Most of its life was spent in a leather holster on shelf, leaving light spotting on the stainless slide. I fieldstripped, removed the grips and dunked it into the ultrasound tank. Cleaned it up really nice. Ultrasound worked really well at cleaning up the forged aluminum 30 lpi frame checkering.

It came without a mag. Colt OACP 7+1 mags seem to fit up properly. As with all of Kimber’s pistols, the low profile, fixed three-dot combat sights are large, and the silhouette blocky and easily picked up by the eyes. The added tritium makes them effective to work with in low-light environments or darkness.

Attached Images Attached Images     
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    30903 times
    Very nice; congratulations! I'm looking forward to the rest of the report, after you've shot it! There's nothing quite like a good compact 1911. Partially because there are so many out there that aren't good. You should have a really good one there.
    Lomax likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Awesome, I really like those 1911s you got there!
    Lomax likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32299 times
    Quite a collection, and they all look great!
    Lomax likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2578 times
    Congrats on your new to you 1911 compact.
    Lomax likes this.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    26122 times
    what is with all you guys wanting these ancient old outdated pistols??
    anyway congrats!
    enjoy.
    DeltaBravoKS and Lomax like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30654 times
    Thats a great looking Officer 1911 you have there. I love mine, I know that. And, thats the nice thing about it not having a mag, you can find a 1911 mag in a million places. Congrats !
    daytonaredeye and Lomax like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    4794 times
    Fine damn gun! Excellent way to celebrate the 4th!
    Lomax likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18836 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Thats a great looking Officer 1911 you have there. I love mine, I know that. And, thats the nice thing about it not having a mag, you can find a 1911 mag in a million places. Congrats !
    That should accept any 45 ACP 1911 single stack mag on the planet - even the 8-10 rounders. It’s 7 round mags won’t work for Commander or Gov’t sizes, tho . . . .

You must be a Kimber fan boy . . . Not that there’s anything wrong wi-dat!

I’m more of an equal opportunity 1911-er. My 1911 corral with the +1 at the bottom.

I put rosewood CTCs on my Ruger Commander and Sig Ultra Compact

And, yeah, I realize I opened the door for that old firehard to post his collection again . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 07-04-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Lomax, silverstring and olfarhors like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    2013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    what is with all you guys wanting these ancient old outdated pistols??
    anyway congrats!
    enjoy.
    Bold statement from an ancient old outdated guy!

[no offense intended]
    olfarhors likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links