Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: My new baby

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46612 times

My new baby

A gift to myself. Over a year ago, Friday May 4th, 2018 at 11:18 AM to be exact I stumbled upon a hand cannon that I just had to have. Wasn’t released yet and no MSRP was available. It was the Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50 AE in Color Case Hardened finish with nice walnut wood grips. I’m a sucker for wood grips. I held it, drooled on it and really liked the way it felt. Went back the next day and drooled over it some more.

I have seen a few used Desert Eagles on sale on Gun Broker, at gun shows, and online over the years prior to this and just never dropped the money on them. When I saw this particular model I never looked again, knew it was the one I wanted.

Been working multiple jobs to pay for the damages I had from Hurricane Irma 2 years ago without having to use credit for anything. My last major repair was a completely new roof, stripped down to rafters and everything replaced. Signed the contract last week for a new roof with a sizable discount from someone I met through the odd jobs I was doing. That gave me the extra funds to go ahead and buy the Desert Eagle that I have been wanting for over a year now.

Excitement has been growing every day as I waited for it to show up at the FFL. Luckily my FFL called as soon as UPS dropped it off and I was able to go right there. Got to open it while FFL got his paperwork out to log it in. Ammo will be here Monday, possibly Friday but scheduled for Monday delivery. Just need to free up some time to go shooting now. I have work scheduled for almost every day for the next month. Hope I can get some free time to shoot it soon.

And now the required pictures…

Name:  DE1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  1.60 MB

Name:  DE2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  2.24 MB

Name:  DE3.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  2.82 MB

Name:  DE4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  2.32 MB
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    4227 times
    Absolutely Beautiful!! Congrats!!!
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    I can't show my son this pic.
    We the People...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46612 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    I can't show my son this pic.
    I know what you mean, the day I saw it I had to have it. Just took a while to get there.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    That is just a fantastic weapon, it really is. Congrats! (Wowza doesn't cover it!)

Member #
    Liked
    2399 times
    That is a real beauty! Congrats.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2658 times
    Uh, so, uh...where are the cigars?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11271 times
    just amazing, one of a kind beauty. Love it.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    I could not hate you more. Sorry. Was that out loud. What I meant was congratulations! That is one fine pistol that I would give anything to own.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    3579 times
    i hope you can make it out to Rapid City again some day, I would love to shoot that beauty.
    Live what you say you believe.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links