Taurus Firearm Forum banner

My new baby

6K views 43 replies 31 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
A gift to myself. Over a year ago, Friday May 4th, 2018 at 11:18 AM to be exact I stumbled upon a hand cannon that I just had to have. Wasn’t released yet and no MSRP was available. It was the Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50 AE in Color Case Hardened finish with nice walnut wood grips. I’m a sucker for wood grips. I held it, drooled on it and really liked the way it felt. Went back the next day and drooled over it some more.

I have seen a few used Desert Eagles on sale on Gun Broker, at gun shows, and online over the years prior to this and just never dropped the money on them. When I saw this particular model I never looked again, knew it was the one I wanted.

Been working multiple jobs to pay for the damages I had from Hurricane Irma 2 years ago without having to use credit for anything. My last major repair was a completely new roof, stripped down to rafters and everything replaced. Signed the contract last week for a new roof with a sizable discount from someone I met through the odd jobs I was doing. That gave me the extra funds to go ahead and buy the Desert Eagle that I have been wanting for over a year now.

Excitement has been growing every day as I waited for it to show up at the FFL. Luckily my FFL called as soon as UPS dropped it off and I was able to go right there. Got to open it while FFL got his paperwork out to log it in. Ammo will be here Monday, possibly Friday but scheduled for Monday delivery. Just need to free up some time to go shooting now. I have work scheduled for almost every day for the next month. Hope I can get some free time to shoot it soon.

And now the required pictures…

Starting pistol Airsoft gun Revolver

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Gun accessory

See less See more
#37 ·
Lovely thing. Sometimes, when you meet your Heart's Delight, you gotta go ahead and work until it is yours.

I know how that works. Mrs. flash is not color-case-hardened, however.

#41 ·
I owned and carried a two toned .357 DE a few years back as a woods gun. It wasn't bad at all riding the ATV, but getting out to scout up and down the hills of Kentucky, caused it to drag my drawers down. I got a big wide nylon belt and clipped on suspenders, which helped some, but I finally (like a DA) traded it off. I'd be mighty tempted to try one again in .357 with that beautiful case coloring. That is one handsome firearm!

#42 ·
Yep!
I am with you, not ever owning a big Old DE but when I use to hunt Boar in the northern Tennessee and southern mountain area of Kentucky I used a 41 mag.
well I had a Dan Wesson , a S & W #57 and a standard Ruger Blackhawk.
after few hunts the lighter weight Ruger single action got carried.
everything up there is either uphill, down hill and always has water at the bottom,.
start hiking through those thick woods and those hills in that heat and humidity and every ounce counts, at least it did for me.

#44 ·
YEP!
AND--
if you go in the next week or so ask Daytona if he would like to go and be your hunting/fishing partner as well!
Perfect partner for fishing in a Bear area!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.