My new baby - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: My new baby

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    I owned and carried a two toned .357 DE a few years back as a woods gun. It wasn't bad at all riding the ATV, but getting out to scout up and down the hills of Kentucky, caused it to drag my drawers down. I got a big wide nylon belt and clipped on suspenders, which helped some, but I finally (like a DA) traded it off. I'd be mighty tempted to try one again in .357 with that beautiful case coloring. That is one handsome firearm!
    Fishinkeylargo and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kraynky View Post
    I owned and carried a two toned .357 DE a few years back as a woods gun. It wasn't bad at all riding the ATV, but getting out to scout up and down the hills of Kentucky, caused it to drag my drawers down. I got a big wide nylon belt and clipped on suspenders, which helped some, but I finally (like a DA) traded it off. I'd be mighty tempted to try one again in .357 with that beautiful case coloring. That is one handsome firearm!
    Yep!
    I am with you, not ever owning a big Old DE but when I use to hunt Boar in the northern Tennessee and southern mountain area of Kentucky I used a 41 mag.
    well I had a Dan Wesson , a S & W #57 and a standard Ruger Blackhawk.
    after few hunts the lighter weight Ruger single action got carried.
    everything up there is either uphill, down hill and always has water at the bottom,.
    start hiking through those thick woods and those hills in that heat and humidity and every ounce counts, at least it did for me.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31461 times
    Beautiful! Now, take a fishing trip to Kodiak Island and tote it in a chest holster.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Beautiful! Now, take a fishing trip to Kodiak Island and tote it in a chest holster.

YEP!
    AND--
    if you go in the next week or so ask Daytona if he would like to go and be your hunting/fishing partner as well!
    Perfect partner for fishing in a Bear area!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links