Coonan 357 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Coonan 357

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    That is a tremendous find! I remember reading about these back in the day. I'm like you, how can they not still be cranking out .357 autos? It has to come down to a lack of investors. You can have orders out the wazoo but without the dinero to put a gun together you're out of luck. Remember Texas Longhorn Arms? I think the same thing happened to them.

Congrats, and great pictures!
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Nice find. I have always wanted to at least shoot one. Almost had the chance to shoot one as a rental, however they were out of .357 ammo and they only permitted their ammo in rental guns.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    666 times
    I would think it's like grabbing a brick with that wide of a magazine, .357 are long. But i wound have to shoot it because dam, it nice.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    This came up on gunbroker. It was a display model in gun store. Never shot just handled by tire kickers. It was in pristine condition . I say was because i have shot it.

It had the "make an offer option" and I picked it up for 200.00 under asking price. It was still at 1990's retail. It's my retirement gift to myself so I pulled out the credit card an bam. So glad I did.

The OEM wood stocks did make It feel wide. Still very countable, just needed more grip to hold under muzzle flip.

I was lucky that Alumagrips had old stock left over of the laser etched logo. They charged same price as their non etched stocks.

These aluminium stocks are thinner and with the checkering give the grip a whole new feel. Your hand can gain excellent grip technique for 1911 and the requires much less intensity under muzzle slip.

The wood stocks feel kind of like the keltec pmr or the cp33 . The aluminium stocks give it a double stack 45acp 1911 feel. Very nice.

The 125 grain feel like 9mm semi auto and 158 feel like 45acp. Very easy to control.

Super fun.
    olfarhors and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    Taurus Judge 45-410 6 inch barrel
    Taurus Public Defender ultra lite
    Taurus Gaucho 45 colt
    Taurus M941 22 mag
    Taurus M94 22LR
    Taurus PT22
    Rossi M92 45 COLT

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2713 times
    Don't forget to get the .38 Spec spring kit. It will give that gun a whole new meaning to gentle recoil. While it won't feel like a .22, it will still be nice.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    It came with it but, it also states you should break in 200 you 500 rounds before trying the 38's. I am going to wait for 500 rounds first. I imagine it will be close to 22lr. Cant wait.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Taurus Judge 45-410 6 inch barrel
    Taurus Public Defender ultra lite
    Taurus Gaucho 45 colt
    Taurus M941 22 mag
    Taurus M94 22LR
    Taurus PT22
    Rossi M92 45 COLT

Member #
    Liked
    3095 times
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn...that's nice! Lucky dog.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverback13 View Post
    This came up on gunbroker. It was a display model in gun store. Never shot just handled by tire kickers. It was in pristine condition . I say was because i have shot it.

It had the "make an offer option" and I picked it up for 200.00 under asking price. It was still at 1990's retail. It's my retirement gift to myself so I pulled out the credit card an bam. So glad I did.

The OEM wood stocks did make It feel wide. Still very countable, just needed more grip to hold under muzzle flip.

I was lucky that Alumagrips had old stock left over of the laser etched logo. They charged same price as their non etched stocks.

These aluminium stocks are thinner and with the checkering give the grip a whole new feel. Your hand can gain excellent grip technique for 1911 and the requires much less intensity under muzzle slip.

The wood stocks feel kind of like the keltec pmr or the cp33 . The aluminium stocks give it a double stack 45acp 1911 feel. Very nice.

The 125 grain feel like 9mm semi auto and 158 feel like 45acp. Very easy to control.

Super fun.
    Glad you got it, I just did the same thing, gift to myself, with a different gun that I have been wanting since the day I saw it, Friday May 4th, 2018 at 11:18 AM.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Ahhh! The Coonan. I can't get enough of the ring of fire.
    Fishinkeylargo and lazyluke like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    That is a tremendous find! I remember reading about these back in the day. I'm like you, how can they not still be cranking out .357 autos? It has to come down to a lack of investors. You can have orders out the wazoo but without the dinero to put a gun together you're out of luck. Remember Texas Longhorn Arms? I think the same thing happened to them.

Congrats, and great pictures!
    Texas Longhorn Arms? Never heard of ‘em. Now, Dornaeous and Dixon (the Bren Ten folks) suffered extreme business myopia. They didn’t do proper R&D and parts planning (no formal mag contract with ready to ship in volume). They used to ask for the full price at order but most smart gun folk told ‘em that ain’t the way they bought guns and the arrogant agent tore up the sales ticket right in front of their face. This ended up being a good thing as the Bren Ten was clunky and prone to jams. It was the DeLorean of the gun world - jazzy futuristic looks but below average performance. Don Johnson has his Bren Ten rechambered to 45ACP blanks because the 10mms wouldn’t cycle. So thankful that Colt kept the 10mm alive through its renaissance over the past 4-5 years.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links