After a number of years... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: After a number of years...

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    In 45ACP single stack, all 1911 mags should fit it. Including 8-10 rounders. Your mags just won’t fit Gov’t size 1911s.
    Nice Curve ball you threw there!
    caught me off guard as I was looking for a fast ball.
    Ok so now to my knowledge Ruger only makes a commander and a government size 1911?
    so as they use the same length magazine why will his not work ?
    Now if you meant to say will not work in a Defender or Officers size 1911 thats true as the magazines for those would be to short to lock into place, but a Government magazine will (or should ) work in a Defender, officers size?
    the 9 MM magazines are actually 38 super magazines *they been chambering the 1911 in 38 Super for a loooong time, but anyway the 9 MM mag is a 38 Super mag with a spacer in the back to move the sissy 9 MM cartridge forward for better feeding.
    now if and when you get into all these exotic, new , better, greatest of all time variations from magazine manufactures then no telling what you may find, the feed lip etc may be a different design but the mag body size is the same.
    anyway, thats my story and I am sticking to it.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6426 times
    If it shoots as good as it looks, it is a winner.
    taurustoter likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    Nice Curve ball you threw there!
    caught me off guard as I was looking for a fast ball.
    Ok so now to my knowledge Ruger only makes a commander and a government size 1911?
    so as they use the same length magazine why will his not work ?
    Now if you meant to say will not work in a Defender or Officers size 1911 thats true as the magazines for those would be to short to lock into place, but a Government magazine will (or should ) work in a Defender, officers size?
    the 9 MM magazines are actually 38 super magazines *they been chambering the 1911 in 38 Super for a loooong time, but anyway the 9 MM mag is a 38 Super mag with a spacer in the back to move the sissy 9 MM cartridge forward for better feeding.
    now if and when you get into all these exotic, new , better, greatest of all time variations from magazine manufactures then no telling what you may find, the feed lip etc may be a different design but the mag body size is the same.
    anyway, thats my story and I am sticking to it.
    Expand yer knowledge; Ruger has been offering an “Officer’s” model 1911 for right at a year now - maybe a tad longer.

But my comments were more general. Mags used in Gov’t and Cmdr size 1911s are interchangeable; they can also be used in Officer model 1911. Officer model mags cannot be used in general “Commander” and “Gov’t” models.

And these comments should hold regardless of caliber. I found out the hard way when I holstered up my Ruger Cmdr to carry and stuffed an extra mag in a pocket. Later that day I was practicing swapping mags in the car (WHILE PARKED) and couldn’t get the extra mag to set at all. Frustrating! Realized later that I had accidentally grabbed an extra mag for my Sig Ultra Compact 1911. They are both chromed with flush fitting chrome baseplates. The Commander mag holds 8 and the Sig mag holds 7. Side by side at a quick glance they look identical but the shorter mag just won’t catch in the mag release notch. Longer mags should seat in shorter grip frames as the mag release notch position is pretty standard - they’ll just look like extended mags. Don’t work the other way around - can’t get a short mag to catch in a long grip.

Kinda like the old saying says: all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares . . .
    taurustoter and olfarhors like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Ahhh...I have also been drooling over a similar Ruge r 1911 model!! Be sure to post a range report after you have a great day at the range with it!
    Man, thought I did that.

1911 6" paper plate targets are on top.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Expand yer knowledge; Ruger has been offering an “Officer’s” model 1911 for right at a year now - maybe a tad longer.

OK, but IF the Ruger Officers model is a tad longer then wouldn't it actually be a Commander????
    OR possibly a Non Commissioned Officers model?
    had no idea that they made an Officers model, course I aint much of a 1911 guy anyway!
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    OK, but IF the Ruger Officers model is a tad longer then wouldn't it actually be a Commander????
    OR possibly a Non Commissioned Officers model?
    had no idea that they made an Officers model, course I aint much of a 1911 guy anyway!

Well . . . ., this is yer lucky day . . . I’m yer huckleberry. . . .

https://ruger.com/products/sr1911Off...eets/6762.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links