After a number of years... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: After a number of years...

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    I do have one question though. This Ruger 1911 came with only two magazines, but they are strange...you cannot remove the baseplates for cleaning! I just hosed them out with Synthetic safe Blast Free, but still.

They are seven rounders, so does just about any 1911 magazine fit this pistol? Like, say, from Springfield or Wilson Combat?
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    I do have one question though. This Ruger 1911 came with only two magazines, but they are strange...you cannot remove the baseplates for cleaning! I just hosed them out with Synthetic safe Blast Free, but still.

They are seven rounders, so does just about any 1911 magazine fit this pistol? Like, say, from Springfield or Wilson Combat?
    as long as its a true 1911 platform then YES!
    as a matter of fact even a 9 MM, 38 Super, 10 MM will all fit into the 45 acp 1911, they will all interchange.
    they just will not all work, Like the 9 MM and 38 super will not work worth a flip as the lips on the mag are to tight, and if trying to use a 9MM / 38 Super bollett in a 45 mag that won't work either, as they just pop out the top.
    the 10 MM cartridge seems to do Ok for me, but a dedicated 10 MM mag would be better.
    we can go into just how I know all this but I had rather not!
    but with all the funny stuff being said yea, any brand 1911 mag as long as its single stack and the correct caliber will/should work for you.
    Mec =gar makes a good mag and usually reasonbally priced, lots of manufactures use them.
    the good thing about the non removable magazines are you don't have to worry about he base popping off and you dropping all your Bolletts on the ground--and No I have not done that --YET!-- but have seen it a few times.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    Good Lord almighty! Lol. Guess you only need 7 or 8 rounds, when your shooting "the Lords caliber"!

ITS A DISEASE!
    I will give you info on the recovery group in a few weeks.
    yes those are Bomars on the Springfield--might be LPA?.
    Last edited by olfarhors; 06-30-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Very nice! Your going to love it.
    taurustoter likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times
    It IS a very nice pistola. Enjoy.
    taurustoter likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    That's a nice pistol. I sure like a Ruger 1911! congrats
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Very nice! Congrats on the Ruger. I've had the government size for quite a few years. It's been a great shooter.
    taurustoter likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times

In 45ACP single stack, all 1911 mags should fit it. Including 8-10 rounders. Your mags just won’t fit Gov’t size 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    as long as its a true 1911 platform then YES!
    as a matter of fact even a 9 MM, 38 Super, 10 MM will all fit into the 45 acp 1911, they will all interchange.
    they just will not all work, Like the 9 MM and 38 super will not work worth a flip as the lips on the mag are to tight, and if trying to use a 9MM / 38 Super bollett in a 45 mag that won't work either, as they just pop out the top.
    the 10 MM cartridge seems to do Ok for me, but a dedicated 10 MM mag would be better.
    we can go into just how I know all this but I had rather not!
    but with all the funny stuff being said yea, any brand 1911 mag as long as its single stack and the correct caliber will/should work for you.
    Mec =gar makes a good mag and usually reasonbally priced, lots of manufactures use them.
    the good thing about the non removable magazines are you don't have to worry about he base popping off and you dropping all your Bolletts on the ground--and No I have not done that --YET!-- but have seen it a few times.

A caveat, if you will, I have a Springfield Armory RO Compact in 9mm. The OEM mags work fine. I ordered some “SA RO Cx” compatible mags from Wilson Combat but they AIN’T compatible! Using the Wilson Combat mags, the slide fails to return into battery after each shot. Looking at the slides size-by-side from the side and the top you see a marked difference in the geometry of the magazines. Therefore I just went ahead and ordered OEM mags from Springfield and all is well. I’ve marked the WC mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    taurustoter likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    Thanks for the info on the magazines!
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    22778 times
    Ahhh...I have also been drooling over a similar Ruge r 1911 model!! Be sure to post a range report after you have a great day at the range with it!
    taurustoter likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links