Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Will the SIG P365 drop to or below $450?........

4K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
.....or am I hoping for too much?

I want one badly....and my LGS has them for $497.....which is much better than the $550 they were going for earlier. But, I'm seeing a $450 pistol when I hold one.

So......do you all think there's more downward mobility in the price...or has it settled in where it'll remain?

#2 ·
I think if the continue to sell well, and once Sig has recuperated the cost of research and development they may go down in price. I think most gun makers work like that. Then again I also think Sig charges an awful lot for what they are, and I was never personally impressed with the P365.

Reactions: loudviking
#3 ·
.....or am I hoping for too much?

I want one badly....and my LGS has them for $497.....which is much better than the $550 they were going for earlier. But, I'm seeing a $450 pistol when I hold one.

So......do you all think there's more downward mobility in the price...or has it settled in where it'll remain?
Look again, holding it in the light, without the rose colored glasses on . . .

The P365 is a great weapon. Keep in mind it comes with two 10 round mags. There is a downside; the 12 round mag costs $50.

But, I’m enough of a Sig fan that I didn’t mind paying the $525 (my price) when I bought it.

#6 ·
Look again, holding it in the light, without the rose colored glasses on . . .

The P365 is a great weapon. Keep in mind it comes with two 10 round mags. There is a downside; the 12 round mag costs $50.

But, I’m enough of a Sig fan that I didn’t mind paying the $525 (my price) when I bought it.
Expensive, expensive magazines, proprietary light rail, and early recalls and failures had me unimpressed from the start. It being small vs. it's capacity is it's only real trick, and honestly it's not hard to conceal a little bit bigger gun. I held one the other day, and with how skinny the grip is and how light the pistol is (having not shot one this is just a guess) I imagine the G2C is a lot easier to shoot too.

I agree with you. I think the little SIG is a good gun and all, but not quite 500 dollars good.
Exactly. Honestly, it would have to be a good deal cheaper to compensate for the issues I have with it.

Reactions: paulky_2000
#7 · (Edited)
Well, well, damn if I ain’t got one of those too! In 357SIG.

Little story behind that. I was having them ring up an order at one of our LGSs and the asst Mgr, who I know very well, asked if I had seen the P320 in 357. I hadn’t and said so so he put one in my hand. “Want us to finish ringing you up?” Yep. And they included the P320 in the order. I handle that thing every day, play with it, clean it, etc and just waitin for shooting time again.

PS They gave me quite a bargain because they knew I like Sigs and, moreso, am a fan of 357SIG. I have enough loyalty points built up there that I should get $100-$150 off my next purchase - no points used for this purchase, though.

Reactions: olfarhors
#15 ·
what can I say-- I bought a Sig 238 for right at 500 bucks, its a 380, it has a 6 round capacity, it has pretty nice sights (three dot) and a really good trigger, its reliable, easy to shoot, and pocketable--fast forward to me buying the Sig 365 and it cost me 485, its a 9 MM, it has a 10 (or 12) round capacity, tritium sights, a wonderful trigger ,especially for a striker fire , it came with 2 magazines, and so far is running 100 %--so to me it was the better of the two as far as price?
look around and the Kimber, Sig, Springfield Armory pocket pistols in 380 or 9 MM are in the 5-6-700 dollar price range.
I wasn't going to sale or trade my 238 in but I imagine IF I had it would have easily brought 400 bucks , so long run whos ahead of the game?

Reactions: oso
#17 · (Edited)
I just purchased a P365 at my go to local gun store. A special deal: the P365 and 80 rounds of Sig's Elite Performance V-Crown 115 Gr JHP ammo which is listed at $20.95 per 20 Rd box at Sig. Total price: $520 OTD. That leaves the pistol net price at $436.20. A 12-round P365 magazine plus shipping was $38.84. I understand Sig employees are eligible to purchase the P365 for $300. So, there is some room for price reduction. I didn't have the patience. It shoots great.

#18 ·
Until the next must have CCW appears, I doubt it. The P320's fell because of the trigger issue and are trying to make up for it. I still have my P320C's and like them very much.

And unlike you, I only see a $350 pistol that is only a little more accurate in my hands than my PT111 G2. I want one after shooting one, but I shoot my CCP better even though it has that darn weird trigger that feels like a light double action.

Maloy

Maloy

#19 ·
Until the next must have CCW appears, I doubt it. The P320's fell because of the trigger issue and are trying to make up for it. I still have my P320C's and like them very much.

Maloy
true for most!
I am not much of an impulse buyer myself.
in the case of the Sig 365 I watched as the first 2 shipments (12 weapons) floated through the gun shop/ range and were already sold, I did get to handle a few (3-4) and liked the feel, the trigger was really good on the out of box guns, they came on target for me from low hold and so I thought about it.
I wanted to move from 380 to 9 MM as a pocket (always carry) but the Sig 238 was running and shooting just fine.
I wanted a weapon that would/could fit in my regular everyday jeans that I wear in the front pocket, so I told my buddy that the next time they got some 365 in that wasn't sold to give me a call, and so that's how I ended up with mine, not an impulse buy but a very good buy for my needs.

Reactions: daytonaredeye
#23 ·
Good point. Anyone know of any mfr models challenging the P365 at the moment? Maybe the Lc9 or maybe the Kimber evo?

#26 ·
My last two polymer gun purchases were below $300, Taurus PT guns. Paying >$400 for a poly gun seems really silly. Yes, I know that eliminates the biggest name in polymer guns, but they don't fit my hand well enough for me to care.

#28 ·
Sig up the ante and have come out with the 365XL. A friend just bought one, this morning, for the full $579.99 Retail. Had in my hands and going to go with him to shoot it tomorrow.

I can really begin to hate SIG!:bang: The thing that kept me away from the 365 was the size. I shot them, but wasn't sure. The 365XL actually feels better and has the same round count as the G2C.

Maloy

#29 ·
Yea, I handled one at my local dope de---ahh Gun shop/Range just a few days back.
I believe its about a 1/2 inch longer barrel--likely 3.5 inch?
comes standard with a 12 Plus 1 mags, so the grips is a bit longer.
Haven't actually looked up the specs so just estimating.
Doesn't work for me as I bought mine as a front pocket weapon so the longer barrel and longer grip makes that near impossible for me. I am sure lots will like the slightly larger size.
I shoot mine fine and it fits my hand very nicely, course being a human everything is dependent on the Human!
Just took mine to the range to function test some Barnes Copper Hollow Point reloads for possible carry, it ate them like a fat kid eating cupcakes--as I expected it to.

#31 ·
Well I shot it this morning, not bad, but I now can resist the temptation. Other than holding 4 more rounds than my CCP it has nothing on it. I actually shot the CCP better, and about the same as my PT111 G2.

SIG did a nice job, but not enough to cause me to switch or add another to the collection. I can shoot the XL better than the standard 365, but that has more to do with the grip than anything else.

Now if I can only resist CZ and their clones. (not gonna happen!)

Maloy

#34 ·
I haven't shot it but I did hold one in the LGS. I really couldn't see why people all caps pound out "ITS THE BEST SUBCOMPACT IN THE WORLD EVER!" on their keyboards.

#36 ·
Well....I finally bit the bullet and bought one......

.....When I became aware of the TAN/FDE edition.....the money issue kind of faded away and I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

I'm a sucker for FDE. I just love it! ANYWAY......ordered it from KY GunCo. on Monday. It should be at Sherwood's Guns (great gun store in Bowling Green, KY!) by the end of the week. I'll post more on it when it arrives!

Gratuitous stock photos:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

#37 ·
Yep....it's here.......

.....and it's prettier than I imagined!

Haven't shot it yet.....but I did manage to take some gratuitous photos....along with some comparison shots with my other two SIGs:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

It sure is a pretty thing!!!

I'll update with first shots and my opinions on how it shoots soon!

#38 ·
it will get even purtier and booteful and more better after you shoot it!-----

Attachments

#39 · (Edited)
When it comes to semi-auto pistols I own 12 ...10 being Glocks , 1 XD and my TCP ..... But my hats off to SIG .. taking a Kel-Tec P-11
(which offers a flush fit 12rd mag) and giving it a serious up grade , .. Im not trying to degrade SIG .... Not by along shot ...
Im just waiting on Rugers take on the SIG P365 ...

Yes the SIG P365 prices will drop when Ruger rolls out their copy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.