Will the SIG P365 drop to or below $450?........ - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Will the SIG P365 drop to or below $450?........

Member #
    Liked
    2302 times
    Well, when I hold it I see a 300 dollar gun. It's a little smaller that the g2s, but not a lot. It holds more rounds, but not a lot. 500 is a lot of money. I used to not mind paying 500 bucks or more for a well made P series........maybe I'm old, and maybe concealment isn't that important to me anymore.
    paulky_2000 and Nimbly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    783 times
    It is based on the competition.

It’s a superb small pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    27047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Expensive, expensive magazines, proprietary light rail, and early recalls and failures had me unimpressed from the start. It being small vs. it's capacity is it's only real trick, and honestly it's not hard to conceal a little bit bigger gun. I held one the other day, and with how skinny the grip is and how light the pistol is (having not shot one this is just a guess) I imagine the G2C is a lot easier to shoot too.
    I must have gotten the Houdini model as it does a couple of other tricks for me all the time.
    as a note not sure where youse guys live but Academy here has the 10 or 12 round sig 365 magazines for either 27.95 or 29.95, and yes they are Sig magazines as well.
    even my range/ gun shop sales them at 34.50 for the 10 Rd and 39.99 for the 12 round.
    heck MORE importantly you can actually order or find the mags for sale!
    this was either the first or second range trip as I was really testing the different self defense rounds for function, its a little more accurate now.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    paulky_2000 and Taurus1965 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    It will come down to $479.95 and not a cent lower.
    I am all seeing and all knowing.

shhhhh! don't tell anyone but we (the Sig fanboy club) just got a note from a Sig insider that in 2058 late December they are running a sale on the 365 and it will be going for ---opps! can't let that info out but it will be under 500 , you didn't hear this from me!
    paulky_2000 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    27047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    I agree with you. I think the little SIG is a good gun and all, but not quite 500 dollars good.
    what can I say-- I bought a Sig 238 for right at 500 bucks, its a 380, it has a 6 round capacity, it has pretty nice sights (three dot) and a really good trigger, its reliable, easy to shoot, and pocketable--fast forward to me buying the Sig 365 and it cost me 485, its a 9 MM, it has a 10 (or 12) round capacity, tritium sights, a wonderful trigger ,especially for a striker fire , it came with 2 magazines, and so far is running 100 %--so to me it was the better of the two as far as price?
    look around and the Kimber, Sig, Springfield Armory pocket pistols in 380 or 9 MM are in the 5-6-700 dollar price range.
    I wasn't going to sale or trade my 238 in but I imagine IF I had it would have easily brought 400 bucks , so long run whos ahead of the game?
    oso likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I must have gotten the Houdini model as it does a couple of other tricks for me all the time.
    as a note not sure where youse guys live but Academy here has the 10 or 12 round sig 365 magazines for either 27.95 or 29.95, and yes they are Sig magazines as well.
    even my range/ gun shop sales them at 34.50 for the 10 Rd and 39.99 for the 12 round.
    heck MORE importantly you can actually order or find the mags for sale!
    this was either the first or second range trip as I was really testing the different self defense rounds for function, its a little more accurate now.
    It's cool found magazines for less than Sig asks. I am glad you're happy with your purchase.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just purchased a P365 at my go to local gun store. A special deal: the P365 and 80 rounds of Sig's Elite Performance V-Crown 115 Gr JHP ammo which is listed at $20.95 per 20 Rd box at Sig. Total price: $520 OTD. That leaves the pistol net price at $436.20. A 12-round P365 magazine plus shipping was $38.84. I understand Sig employees are eligible to purchase the P365 for $300. So, there is some room for price reduction. I didn't have the patience. It shoots great.
    Last edited by 5Wire; 06-26-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: speling
    olfarhors likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3001 times
    Until the next must have CCW appears, I doubt it. The P320's fell because of the trigger issue and are trying to make up for it. I still have my P320C's and like them very much.

And unlike you, I only see a $350 pistol that is only a little more accurate in my hands than my PT111 G2. I want one after shooting one, but I shoot my CCP better even though it has that darn weird trigger that feels like a light double action.

Maloy

Maloy
    olfarhors, CJS3 and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    Until the next must have CCW appears, I doubt it. The P320's fell because of the trigger issue and are trying to make up for it. I still have my P320C's and like them very much.

Maloy
    true for most!
    I am not much of an impulse buyer myself.
    in the case of the Sig 365 I watched as the first 2 shipments (12 weapons) floated through the gun shop/ range and were already sold, I did get to handle a few (3-4) and liked the feel, the trigger was really good on the out of box guns, they came on target for me from low hold and so I thought about it.
    I wanted to move from 380 to 9 MM as a pocket (always carry) but the Sig 238 was running and shooting just fine.
    I wanted a weapon that would/could fit in my regular everyday jeans that I wear in the front pocket, so I told my buddy that the next time they got some 365 in that wasn't sold to give me a call, and so that's how I ended up with mine, not an impulse buy but a very good buy for my needs.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I agree with the OP, $450 max is what I see, too. Too many decent competitors out there to justify a premium price. They'll definitely come down eventually.
    daytonaredeye and jwc007 like this.
    Pair of 431s

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links