Charter Arms 6shot 380acp revovler - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Charter Arms 6shot 380acp revovler

Member #
    Liked
    3333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    Charter Arms has some esplaining to do, Lucy. First the Professional model is announced. Zippo on that at their site. Now nothing on this model at their site.

At Gallery of Guns I gave them the "tell me when it can be bought" for the Professional model and Gallery sent me an e-mail saying it could be had now. Wellllllll. I vent to da Gallery Gun Genie and don't ya know the gun is "On stock watch". When they'll release it for sale is anyone's guess.

The .380 model Gallery has for sale. I'll get my next purchases at the LGS.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/819352572

Heres a Professional
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30590 times
    That's at least a 3" barrel.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    8354 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye! View Post
    True, but no evidence of theirs actually exists. There is no picture of the actual item. I had Gallery send me an e-mail that they have them and were up for sale. When I went to check they had only " in stock" written in and I'd have to wait until I got another e-mail saying the Professional now ready to be obtainable. I'm not dumping On Gallery as all the other online sites said "in stock" as well. I never was good at waiting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8354 times
    I do agree with you others who pointed out that Charter did put out certain models without the models showing up on Charter's site. It's a fact of life that the gun companies do that kind of thing by not putting all of their models at their sites. No big thing.

Member #
    Liked
    3333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    True, but no evidence of theirs actually exists. There is no picture of the actual item. I had Gallery send me an e-mail that they have them and were up for sale. When I went to check they had only " in stock" written in and I'd have to wait until I got another e-mail saying the Professional now ready to be obtainable. I'm not dumping On Gallery as all the other online sites said "in stock" as well. I never was good at waiting.

I saw a Charter Arms Professional.... Bigfoot woke me up last night shooting his , oil cans at 25yds
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    26078 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye! View Post
    I saw a Charter Arms Professional.... Bigfoot woke me up last night shooting his , oil cans at 25yds
    Sheeeesh!
    that's nothing I saw the same bigfoot shooting the oil cans but he was using a Taurus AR-15!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Qwiks draw and Buckeye! like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    .380 ACP revolver is an answer to a question no one ever asked. WHY? It’s not like you have 1000’s of .45ACP lying around to shoot in your revolver. Today’s.380 is almost as powerful as 9mm. Much improved over the .380 of the 50-60-70’s. Which wasn’t much better than a .25 ACP. Still, no one wants to be stuck with a 22 short- much less anything larger. The 380 has a place- in your pocket. Better than a rock or bat or knife.
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 07-04-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Language rule violation
    Sawfish likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy46 View Post
    .380 ACP revolver is an answer to a question no one ever asked. WHY? It’s not like you have 1000’s of .45ACP lying around to shoot in your revolver. Today’s.380 is almost as powerful as 9mm. Much improved over the .380 of the 50-60-70’s. Which wasn’t much better than a .25 ACP. Still, no one wants to be stuck with a 22 short- much less anything larger. The 380 has a place- in your pocket. Better than a rock or bat or knife.
    Only plus with 380acp in a revovler , is low recoil , but standard pressure 38spl is low recoiling ... .In my 12.5 oz Charter .. I carry Hornady 110gr standard pressure FTX or 148gr LWC .. Both are light recoiling and are good choices for SD

If a person owns several pistols in 380acp .. I can see why they would choose the 380ACP in a revovler... 380acp SD ammo is made to function in short barrels ..

I had a Taurus 380acp revovler back in the day ... It was very shootable and surprisingly accurate... I had alot of 90gr LRN and the little Taurus ate it up ... and spit it out in very acceptable groups on paper ..
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 07-04-2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Language edit in the re-quote.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    26078 times
    yep-- my thoughts pretty much on ALL the revolvers chambered in semi auto rounds are --"WHY" other than wanting something different to talk about or show off to the boys.
    but thats my opinion-- I mean what exactly can you not duplicate in a semi auto cartridge in a revolver that you can get wiht a revolver designed cartridge in a revolver?
    I mean you don't get additional capacity, you still got that fat round thang in the middle of the frame and they are no smaller now days than a semi auto.
    But hey thats what makes the old world spin around--your money, your likes.
    Qwiks draw, YOT and Sawfish like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    yep-- my thoughts pretty much on ALL the revolvers chambered in semi auto rounds are --"WHY" other than wanting something different to talk about or show off to the boys.
    but thats my opinion-- I mean what exactly can you not duplicate in a semi auto cartridge in a revolver that you can get wiht a revolver designed cartridge in a revolver?
    I mean you don't get additional capacity, you still got that fat round thang in the middle of the frame and they are no smaller now days than a semi auto.
    But hey thats what makes the old world spin around--your money, your likes.
    One reason 9mm SD ammo works extremely well out of short barrels ... Not many 38spl or 357mag ... SD ammo choices work well out of snubbies ...

Same can be said about 40 S&W ... Not much of a reason for 380acp unless the revolver has a 4 inch barrel
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links