Said bye bye to my Sig P938 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Said bye bye to my Sig P938

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20899 times
    Ummm, <cough> .. . Next time you are in the mood to move angun like that . . . .don’t.

I bought a 938 SAS (all edges melted round & smooth) 3-4 years ago and LOVED that gun. It quickly became my EDC in open carry. Got lots of thumbs up for it.

When our youngest graduated college a couple years back he asked for it as his graduation gift - he had spent a lot of time on it during our range time together.

Swore I would replace it but the Sig 365 came out and I’ve been content with that. But I absolutely NEVER, ever had a feed or extraction issue. It does have an unusual pivoting (not fixed) ejector which you have to tilt towards the muzzle to get the slide back on and I’ve heard of folks driving themselves nuts trying to get the slide back on assuming the ejector is fixed like nearly everywhere else.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Glad you got a good one. I know all about the having to push the piece down to get the slide on. It had nothing to do with the problems mine had. Carried a G2S mag in the same carrier that was made for the 938 and the G2S mag is rock solid. Took the Taurus to the range today. 80rds no problems.

Need to adjust the sight a bit. When I used the blue line to the right of the # 7 it was a stacked line. I'll bring the screwdrivers next time and it should be spot on.

loudviking, jwc007 and Nimbly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sig_230 View Post
    Winter? Winter? We don't need no stinkin' winter! (but we have already had almost twenty days at 100 or higher and it ain't quite Summer yet)
    Trust me, I'm not looking forward to Winter at all. I'm merely planning ahead for the dreadful season. Spring & Summer are my kind of seasons, Fall & Winter make me feel extremely gloomy. Heck, part of the reason why I'm thinking about getting a new Winter Carry firearm so far in advance is so that I'll actually have something to look forward to come Winter.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of a S&W SD40VE or maybe even an M&P40 if S&W offers a rebate or something again come Winter.
    Nimbly likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31490 times
    I LOVE winter! I'll not be doing a LOT of hunting this year unless I get to feeling better, though. But, hunting season is my favorite time of year.
    Nimbly likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    3513 times
    MmMmMm......winter. Means most of the FUDDs stay home, and I can bang rounds in peace without every know-it-all trying to finger bang my stuff.

As for the 938, contact Sig. I had an issue with a BNIB 220 mag I bought for mine. Getting round #8 in was a bear(even with a mag loader), and you could hear/feel a POP! when the follower finally gave way. Never had a feed issue, just a loading issue. They not only sent me a new mag, but also a new follower for the bad one.

Also, try a couple of ACT mags. They are the only aftermarket manufacturer for Sig mags(well....except for Junk-Pro). I have 2 blued ones for my 220, and they actually let me shoot my Hornady XTP reloads and Critical Defense rounds. These will not load/feed in the factory mag due to the angle of the tip and the shape of the factory mag.
    Nimbly likes this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

śολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    6566 times
    I also think that sig guns are very good. I also think that they are over priced.
    loudviking, jwc007 and Nimbly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27039 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Ummm, <cough> .. . Next time you are in the mood to move angun like that . . . .don’t.

I bought a 938 SAS (all edges melted round & smooth) 3-4 years ago and LOVED that gun. It quickly became my EDC in open carry. Got lots of thumbs up for it.

When our youngest graduated college a couple years back he asked for it as his graduation gift - he had spent a lot of time on it during our range time together.

Swore I would replace it but the Sig 365 came out and I’ve been content with that. But I absolutely NEVER, ever had a feed or extraction issue. It does have an unusual pivoting (not fixed) ejector which you have to tilt towards the muzzle to get the slide back on and I’ve heard of folks driving themselves nuts trying to get the slide back on assuming the ejector is fixed like nearly everywhere else.
    Don't have a Sig 938 , shot a few as I have a good number of friends that have them,
    I own a Sig 238 and while I have had a very, very few malfunctions (chamber or eject) over the years it has been more than satisfactory.
    I believe I have owned the weapon around 5-6 years or so and Imagine it very close to 2000 plus rounds through it?
    By the way the ejector is an improved version of the Colt 380 Ejector, Kimber and Springfield uses the same set up.
    I did decide to go with the Sig 365 as my pocket pistol not to long ago, its perking along at 1000 rounds with no malfunction and that suing 5-6 different self defense rounds a well as range loads (RN/FMJ).
    of course any weapon can be a problem but generally speaking Sigs are quite reliable out of the box and have good longevity, resale value, and customer support.
    we need to use a weapon we trust and works for us however--in MY case both my Sigs more than met my needs.
    The last target is the Sig 365 target.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by olfarhors; 06-20-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    I have gained a newfound appreciation for inexpensive yet reliable firearms over the past couple years.

When I first got into firearms I was all about flashy, expensive, big-name firearms, eventhough I couldn't afford such things and had to save up for excessively long periods of time to get such firearms that I had a much more immediate need for, but over the past couple years that all changed.

My last 3 firearms purchases were utilitarian, inexpensive firearms by somewhat lesser companies, but I love them all and now the next firearms I'm looking into for the role of a future Winter Carry are the same.
    It is all about the laws of diminishing returns. The Taurus G2C is 37.5% more expensive than a Hi-Point. Is it 37.5% better than a hi-point? Yeah. The Glock 26 is 227% more expensive than a G2C. It it more that 2 times better? Not at all, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sanford1212 View Post
    I'm positive it's the mags. Pretty sure you wouldn't keep a gun you didn't trust and spending money for costly aftermarket mags to try find the ones that work to fix it is a why bother. The money could be spent better somewhere else. I also had a a CZ P10C and it was dead reliable and a good shooter. For me I've found that Taurus makes what I want. I researched the 938 and knew they had problems early on but thought that after a few years they would have fixed them but no there are still to many complaints for the 938.
    Having to replace or upgrade something on a cheap gun, I think, is totally forgivable. They are cheap for a reason. But getting a $650 or $700 gun that came with screwed up mags is a joke. And really, it seems Sig has done this a lot in the last decade. The MCX rifles were recalled, some of their other ARs had recalls, the P365s were recalled, the P938 has issues. For all the price and banner waving, Sig seems to be pushing out guns without a lot of testing or QC. And really I would also be very soured on a pistol I paid that much for if it didn't work properly, whatever the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Trust me, I'm not looking forward to Winter at all. I'm merely planning ahead for the dreadful season. Spring & Summer are my kind of seasons, Fall & Winter make me feel extremely gloomy. Heck, part of the reason why I'm thinking about getting a new Winter Carry firearm so far in advance is so that I'll actually have something to look forward to come Winter.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of a S&W SD40VE or maybe even an M&P40 if S&W offers a rebate or something again come Winter.
    I had a Smith and Wesson SD9VE. I loved that pistol, but I was broke and the kids needed diapers. I put the Apex trigger kit and some Williams (I think) fiber optic sights on it. A heck of a lot of gun for the price.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    783 times
    I have a Sig P365 that has functioned very well after break-in. I also have a Sig P320 X-Carry. They are two different pistols for different jobs. The P365 can hold up to 15 rounds with the magazine out. My P320:also has a 21 round magazine in the mix.

They are excellent pistols. The P365 assembles and disassembles like the P320.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Aggie; 06-22-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    daytonaredeye and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    It's kind of interesting that when I go to Buds Gun Shop and talk to the personal there I'll get 2 different camps on the Taurus G2S I picked as a replacement for the 938. Mention it to the younger 30-40 year olds and they get this look like they want to be anywhere but talking to you about a Taurus. Talk to some of the older guys working there and they actually own some Taurus's and have nothing but good to say about them. IMHO the younger guys want something they can show off to friends and it's a status thing and a Taurus won't do that for them. The older gents are past that and appreciate the qualities of a low priced reliable hand gun and really don't care what others think. I spent 46 bucks added a stainless recoil assembly and stainless striker guide which actually smoothes out the trigger as we know here. Thanks Lakeline. So for about 260 I have a gun that I trust over the 500 dollar gun I couldn't. So just go with what you like regardless of what anyone thinks.

I think Sig makes some fine guns. The 938 isn't one of them. Just head to Sig Talk. There's a lot of people complaining including me. I can see a class action in the future for that gun
    Last edited by sanford1212; 06-25-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    GhostHorse and palabman like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links