Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Charter Arms Professional

Member #
    Liked
    25856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WJW1959 View Post
    So you would never buy a 38 Special?

I don't think they even produce that caliber anymore do they??
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10150 times
    Sure they do (make the .38SPL). It is for old people.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18349 times
    So you would never buy a 38 Special?
    Nope. And Iíve posted to that effect many times before. Iíll shoot 38 SPCL ammo out of a 357 but wonít buy a 38 straight up. Iíd buy a 1911 in 38 Super but only because there ainít a 357 Super option. I wish like hell the 22 WMR had been designed around the 22 LR so they could be shot out of the same gun but, alas, it wasnít so you need 2 guns or 2 cylinders to shoot out of 1 gun. Wanna know why the Colt SAA became one of the guns that won the west? It could chamber and shoot both the 45 Colt and 45 Schofield; the 45 Schofield, actually developed by an army officer and released just prior to the Colt, could only chamber the slightly shorter Schofield round. Again, Iím probably a fluke and if born 10-15 years earlier might feel differently.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

ďViolent crime is feasible only when itís victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments donít create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Nope. And I’ve posted to that effect many times before. I’ll shoot 38 SPCL ammo out of a 357 but won’t buy a 38 straight up.
    Good answer. I don’t read every thread so I probably missed them. I’m actually looking at this gun for my wife since she won’t do a semiautomatic, has hand problems with larger guns, and is recoil sensitive. The idea of 7 rounds vs her current 5 in a pistol that is nearly the same weight makes it appealing.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18349 times
    Good answer. I don’t read every thread so I probably missed them. I’m actually looking at this gun for my wife since she won’t do a semiautomatic, has hand problems with larger guns, and is recoil sensitive. The idea of 7 rounds vs her current 5 in a pistol that is nearly the same weight makes it appealing.
    No problem. You do have a defined niche where the 32 Mag may be ideal. My wife don’t shoot but I keep my 327 Mag revolver loaded with 32 Mag just in case. I shoot more 32 S&W and 32 S&W Long in it when plinking but I occasionally carry it loaded hot with 327s.
    GreenWolf70 and mark7mod0 like this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

ďViolent crime is feasible only when itís victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments donít create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    838 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    No problem. You do have a defined niche where the 32 Mag may be ideal. My wife donít shoot but I keep my 327 Mag revolver loaded with 32 Mag just in case. I shoot more 32 S&W and 32 S&W Long in it when plinking but I occasionally carry it loaded hot with 327s.
    My wife would never really wanted to go to the range when all I had for her to shoot was a semi auto... she hated the fact she could not rack one. Also think for some reason she was intimidated by them. When she put the .32 revolver in her hand, you could just see the relief .....and intense determination to learn to shoot it.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18349 times
    Gonna throw an exception in here and it may make sense.

I’ve held off on getting a 44 SPCL revolver because of the 44 MAG delimma I’ve spoken of. I don’t currently have any handgun in 44 Mag. I don’t particularly cherish the idea of spending a lot of time ata range shooting one either. But . . . . in my search for my grail weapon of a Ruger GP 100 in 357 Mag a few years back, the only GP I could find on display was a GP 100 Match Champion. Didn’t flinch at the price - which was somewhere in high $600s - low $700s - but it was in 44 SPCL. That tiny voice inside my head started saying “what if you ever decide you might want to shoot 44 Mags - you won’t be able to do it.” Does it mean I’m a basket case if I hear voices in my head? I ran across a very nice used Ruger Security Six in SS with 4” bbl with original Ruger medallion grips for $325; problem solved.

I’m still torn as to if I want to pursue a CCW designed weapon in 44 caliber. I know I don’t want a “cowboyish” revolver - Blackhawk or Redhawk - but, rather a 3” or so bbl EDC rig. So, still holding out on 44 cal for the moment.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Member #
    Liked
    10150 times
    By that reasoning, I would never buy any .45LC if it didn't also fire .410, .45 Auto and .454 Casull. Every tool has its niche. I have no real interest in any of the big magnums, so why would I want to carry the extra weight?

I get mad at the wife all the time because she will ruin a butter knife using it as a screw driver, rather than taking the time to get a screw driver (and returning it when she is done). Use the proper tool for the proper job.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    6086 times
    Might be worth a look after it has a track record.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Might be worth a look after it has a track record.
    Had the opportunity to shoot the "Professional" at the USCCA Concealed Carry Expo in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. They gave me 5 rounds of .32 H&R Magnum. It has nice balance and only 22 oz. unloaded. The walnut grips were nice and the black finish looked durable.

It had a very manageable recoil and not much blast. Love revolvers and have an old Nickel S&W Model 10 (38 Spl.) and a Taurus 627 in .357 Mag.

But like most here, this will be a purchase for my wife. I don't think she'll ever carry it, but I know she'll enjoy shooting it at the range with .32 S&W Long and at least experience the H&R magnum.

Of course we're all getting older and when I can't rack a slide myself someday...it may become mine.

Charter is saying they are in production now and should be out to distributors by the middle of June. Lipsey's is showing a MSRP of $438. So, I'm hoping it will be available under $400. ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links