Ruger Ec9s

Thread: Ruger Ec9s

Member #
    Liked
    673 times

Ruger Ec9s

When firing my Ec9s this weekend I notived Thant when the slide locked back, the guide rod would be pointed slightly up. It would snap back down straight easily and didn’t seem to have any issues firing it. Just thought it odd. Anybody ever had this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2021 times
    Completely normal.

It does the same exact thing on my brother's LC9s and my LCP. (In case you don't know, the LC9s is just a more expensive version of the EC9s and the LCP is basically the smaller .380 predecessor to the LC9.)
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    Yeah. Knew they were. Hence why I bought the Ec9s as it was >150 cheaper. First tiger owned tho so wasn’t sure if it was normal or not. Shot well. With no FTE OR FTF using hornady critical defense as well as Winchester hollow point and Remington green box ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    472 times
    Yup. My LC9s does it too. Great little gun if it fits your hand well. Sadly, mine doesn't. It's the only pistol I have that I find painful to shoot. I do still carry it now and then. If I ever had to use it in an emergency, a sore hand would be the least of my problems.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18286 times
    When I first got into semis the barrel and guide rod being out of alignment at lock scared the hell outta me. That’s why I read like hell. I’ve learned more about mechanical engineering with a gun hobby than I ever did before guns.

Look at a super slo-mo video of a polymer pistol firing and the amount of wobble the polymer exhibits eating recoil will leave you wondering how the gun didn’t explode in your hands.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    mine does the same it is all good lol I freaked a bit when It happen to me at first also

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisturner View Post
    Yup. My LC9s does it too. Great little gun if it fits your hand well. Sadly, mine doesn't. It's the only pistol I have that I find painful to shoot. I do still carry it now and then. If I ever had to use it in an emergency, a sore hand would be the least of my problems.
    You find the LC9s painful to shoot? No problem. All you need to do is toughen your hand up. Buy a Ruger LCR .357 and shoot it on a regular basis. Or shoot it as a warm up before you get to the LC9s. The LC9s will feel like a baby canary fluttering around in your hand after the LCR. You'll experience a new definition of pain with the LCR .357. (not so much at all with .38 special or +P)

Member #
    Liked
    2065 times
    On many semi-auto pistols, the barrel tilts back at the end of the rearward motion of the slide, to enable the next round to be chambered more easily. On a 1911, the barrel link, which attached the barrel at the rear with a pin, swivels. Other designs use a kidney shaped cutout. On the Ruger, when the barrel tilts the guide rod is slightly angled as well.

Sponsored Links