Anyone else own a Jennings Bryco? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Anyone else own a Jennings Bryco?

Member #
    Liked
    7864 times
    Guy on a local forum has an older Jennongs for sale with the box.Looks to be from the 70's but who knows.Wants $100 for it.I have been tempted.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    2255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Like I said, they can make them out of plastic and cheaper. Lower frame for sure and the slide maybe.
    It's not that simple though, they couldn't just up and start making polymer frames for their firearms just like that at no additional expense, there would be multiple steps required.

• Redesign of their pistols to make optimal use of a polymer frame or make entirely new designs.
    • Purchase of new equipment or outsourcing the production of the frames to some other company.
    • Usage of more expensive alloys or steel for the sub-frame/rails. (It's unlikely that they could make a sub-frame out of ZAMAK without compromising the structural integrity of the frame itself or otherwise making the frame very thick to accommodate the subframe.)

Keep in mind that all of the above require a substantial financial investment as well as a time investment. All of that coming from companies who produce cheaply made firearms offered at bargain prices, aimed at a demographic who is unwilling or unable to spend more money on higher quality firearms, who has everything to lose and little to gain by making the necessary investments to begin production of a new line of firearms with polymer frames.

Yes, one could replace ZAMAK pistol frames with Polymer and end up with a better finished product, but the companies who primarily use ZAMAK aren't exactly known for pumping revenue into R&D, much less for attempting to improve their product lines, so it's a moot point.

In addition, not all firearms designs can be easily altered to replace a metal frame with a polymer frame. If it were that easy and that inexpensive to do, then obviously more companies would have done so by now, and we'd have a wide variety of classic pistol designed which have polymer frames in place of metal.

Lastly, believe it or not, there are certain parts which can be made from ZAMAK which cannot be made from Polymer, such as the receivers on .22 rifles.
    GhostHorse likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    10764 times
    1. Mold injected plastic is tremendously cheaper to produce than casting and machining that casting. Why do anything out of ZAMAK when you can do it cheaper with MIM steel parts that are much stronger. Most parts can be plastic, but some need more weight than plastic can deliver, and barrels need to be steel.
    2. Ever seen a Polymer80 frame? Front rails are cast (MIM), rear rails are stamped sheet metal. Everything in a Glock, except the barrel and slide, are either stamped steel, or injection molded plastic.
    3. None of those Ring of Fire designs are still under a patent. Anyone can make them/copy them, including people with 3D printers. No, you don't want production using the 3D printer, but design and mold making is tremendously quicker and cheaper using 3D software and a 3D printer. R&D cost is also low.
    4. You will spend more time complying with BATFE regulations, than setting up a production line.
    5. Ever heard of KELTEC?
    6. Who in their right mind would want to manufacture anything in California? I have a neighbor, who just moved here a few months ago. His company, AeroJet, picked up and moved everything out of California to Alabama. They are a large company that specializes in work for the Department of Defense, the BS regulations and taxes got to be too much for them.
    7. I see no reason you could not make a receiver for a .22LR out of plastic, it can certainly be stronger and able to handle a wider temperature range than ZAMAK.
    NativeTexan and jwc007 like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26902 times
    OK, unusual for me but I am going off subject a bit here!!!
    Speaking of Kalifornia!
    Georgia recently passed a restrictive Abortion Bill, quickly about 3-4 film comapnies and a double handful of wanna be actors and actresses said IF it was not over turned then they would possibly quit filming in Georgia.
    REALLY-- so you get all kinds of tax breaks on your structures, you get compliance with Local governements to shut down streets, buildings, parks , and you can hire labor at 40% the going rate in Hollywood and you are going to leave and go back there??
    OK, BYE!!!!
    take your whiny butts back to the West Coast and pay out your nose to make cartoons!
    we had rather have car companies, and gun companies than film anyway!
    IF you don't like our laws then hit the road, regardless of what the law is.
    Ok, rant over--I now return control of your keyboard to you!
    and I understand that it is now cheaper to produce 3-d printed parts than even MIM and they produce a better part as well, course the machinery is out of sight expensive!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    10764 times
    HMMMM.....I wonder how many parents want to take their children to see a movie made by BABY KILLERS? They have to wonder what kind of agenda do these BABY KILLERS put into their movies to warp the minds of their kids. I think where the VA Gov talked about placing a live baby on the table while the doctor and the mother discuss whether or not to kill it, pretty much grossed everyone out, no matter your stance on abortion. It sure sounded like murder to me.

No, you use the 3D printer to make the prototype parts and use those parts to make the molds, so it takes days, rather than months to produce the molds. As with all machinery, the major costs, or capital costs, are up front. But material costs of plastics are much, much cheaper than any metals.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    2255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    OK, unusual for me but I am going off subject a bit here!!!
    Speaking of Kalifornia!
    Georgia recently passed a restrictive Abortion Bill, quickly about 3-4 film comapnies and a double handful of wanna be actors and actresses said IF it was not over turned then they would possibly quit filming in Georgia.
    REALLY-- so you get all kinds of tax breaks on your structures, you get compliance with Local governements to shut down streets, buildings, parks , and you can hire labor at 40% the going rate in Hollywood and you are going to leave and go back there??
    OK, BYE!!!!
    take your whiny butts back to the West Coast and pay out your nose to make cartoons!
    we had rather have car companies, and gun companies than film anyway!
    IF you don't like our laws then hit the road, regardless of what the law is.
    Ok, rant over--I now return control of your keyboard to you!
    and I understand that it is now cheaper to produce 3-d printed parts than even MIM and they produce a better part as well, course the machinery is out of sight expensive!
    When the alternative are, abstinence, practicing safe sex, and taking personal responsibility, all of those benefits pale in company.

Honestly, we're talking about people who are essentially willing to commit murder so long as it's legal here. If you had absolutely no moral compass whatsoever, were a complete sociopath, and you accidentally conceived a child in an backwards society which provides you with a full 9 months + 10 minutes to erase that mistake and return to your revolting indulgent lifestyle, wouldn't you do everything to protect that right?

Hopefully Georgia tells them exactly how much the business of a lot of child-murderers and charlatans who will condone such actions for the sake of financial gain means to them.

One thing is for sure, these people will end up in a small community in Michigan, or at least a place that shares its name.
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 06-03-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    26902 times
    yep!
    I am not going down the road of pro or con on the abortion ticket as it will quickly get political!
    what i object to is a company --any company or group of people thinking they can punish legal voters for what they approve or thier representatives approve.
    Georgia I believe is still one of the fastest growing states in the nation?
    of course I could be dead wrong on this and I likely need to ask some of my Northern transplanted neighbors about how I should feel and react as they really know how to manage a State.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31064 times
    The abortion subject is a violation of guidelines. Case closed.
    daytonaredeye and GhostHorse like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links