Anyone else own a Jennings Bryco? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Anyone else own a Jennings Bryco?

Member #
    Liked
    1599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I own a Phoenix HP .22LR. I know its a Zamak gun but I've put a few hundred rounds through it with no probs whatsoever. Paid $140 NIB for it. I use strictly CCI Standard Velocity 1070fps in it. CCI runs clean, no duds, and is rec'd by Phoenix. It is my truck gun. And if it breaks (brakes? ) I'm not out much.

PS: Grew up in Fullerton, lived in Chino with the cows for a while. The cows were aromatic and the CIM-Chino breakout alarm went off once or twice but other than that, ain't a lot happenin' in Chino.
    Cool, I was born and raised in Pomona. After living in a few neighboring cities; including Chino, my wife and I settled in Ontario. We've lived in all 3 zip codes that have residential addresses in them. We are currently in South East Ontario off the 60 Fwy. We get the Chino aroma from time to time but since they've lifted the dairy preserve a lot of farmers have sold to developers and house will soon replace the dairies.
    chefduane likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    thet's rephrase the question a bit. Who owns a Jennings Bryco that is legally allowed to own a firearm

Member #
    Liked
    1599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    thet's rephrase the question a bit. Who owns a Jennings Bryco that is legally allowed to own a firearm
    NativeTexan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    If you are lucky, it will break and you can throw it away..;-)
    terryb likes this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7483 times
    Had a Cobra .380 for awhile that I got cheap, seller said it would not run, bought it and for
    grins proved him wrong.....................
    Also had a derringer that was pretty well made, did a trigger job on it and with the
    2 barrels it was a fun little gun, barrels were in .38 spc and .32 mag.....................
    The .380 never grew on me, but I do regret selling the derringer!.................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I suppose if I found myself in a situation where I had to defend myself with my Jennings 9MM I would be better off throwing the gun at the bad guy, it is very heavy!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16999 times
    Years ago I had a Davis 32. I think they go by Cobra now. I had to replace the firing pin before I could shoot it. Broken right out of the box. The pawn shop where I got it had them in stock. When I remarked about how coincidental that was, the guy at the counter just smiled. I've actually considered getting a Jimenez 32, just so Native Texan could lecture me about zamak.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    27033 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    I've actually considered getting a Jimenez 32, just so Native Texan could lecture me about zamak.
    EXACTLY why I have never mentioned that my CZ SP-01 Shadow -2 is made of Zamak--couldn't stand the preaching!!!!
    along with it not having a cylinder that would be unbearable to listen to!------
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31456 times
    Years ago I had a Davis 32. I think they go by Cobra now. I had to replace the firing pin before I could shoot it. Broken right out of the box. The pawn shop where I got it had them in stock. When I remarked about how coincidental that was, the guy at the counter just smiled. I've actually considered getting a Jimenez 32, just so Native Texan could lecture me about zamak.

If you really want a lecture, heck, I mean I'm here to serve.
    morrcarr67, CJS3 and GreenWolf70 like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    32179 times
    I've actually considered getting a Jimenez 32, just so Native Texan could lecture me about zamak.
    Well, it is the sweet spot for firearms materials design. Easy to cast, resilient, good looking, and oh so durable. Not sure why anyone ever uses anything else, actually.

[ducks for cover, preferably behind a wall of zamak ingots]
    olfarhors and NativeTexan like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links