Anyone else own a Jennings Bryco? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Anyone else own a Jennings Bryco?

Member #
    Liked
    31545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    Asking is one thing. They are actually selling for those prices. I once saw a NIB NOS sell for $450.
    Sweet tap-dancing hades. That will certainly keep me out of the market!
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    26902 times
    MY GOD!!
    I have sold a virtual Boat Load (medium sized cabin crusiser) full of ravens, Jennings, bryco and Jimemiz back in the gun business days.
    If I remember right we retailed them for about 79 bucks, think we paid like 39 bucks for them.
    most were overpriced at that price.
    they were a toss up, you either got one that worked or you got one that didn't work.
    neighbor recently bought a Jimenez (against my suggestion) and of course had problems, in all fairness however they repaired the weapon nd got it back to him in 10 days!
    don't know if it works though?
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    2224 times
    I used to sell them (the Ravens) when I had a license many years ago. I could get a couple of dozen wholesale for about 300 bucks, and paired them up with something like silver tips (pretty bullets in plastic boxes) and a shiny zipper case for 89 and 99 bucks. Most of the customers were heavily inked, heavily made up, heavily perfumed young women in, uh, casual clothing. I made some money, but the wife got tired of the customer base.

No, they are not investment guns. They are, pretty much, junk guns formerly known as Saturday Night Specials or "suicide guns." If I owned one I would disable it before finding a river to throw it in.
    Last edited by Fredward; 05-28-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    olfarhors, NativeTexan and G8R8U2 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1497 times
    I remember when the LGS sold the Ravens for $49 and they sold a ton of them, I had a friend that worked there back then.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2255 times
    Nope, I've considered getting one once or twice simply because I like their bootleg Walther TPH appearance, but unfortunately the current going rate for them honestly is pretty terrible considering that you can actually get a decent quality firearm for just slightly more.

Honestly, I've seen some of the newer models by Jimenez, Phoenix Arms, and Cobra going for just slightly less than a Taurus TCP-738, Spectrum 380, and Ruger LCP, so why anybody would by such infamously poor quality firearms when nowadays there are firearms of significantly higher quality available at similar prices is beyond me.
    Heck, you can get a Hi-Point for around the same price, and despite being very big/heavy, they tend to be extremely durable/reliable.

Granted, I know that you can sometimes find them for ridiculously low prices in pawn shops or at certain gunshops who got them as part of a lot or something, so if you can find one for like $25-75, then that's something, but personally, I wouldn't buy one regardless. (I'd rather save it for a collector or someone who'd actually appreciate it.)

Don't get me wrong, they're neat little pieces of history, (or at least actual surviving examples of those made by the Ring of Fire companies from the 70s-90s are) but I personally have no interest in them anymore.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    22236 times
    You couldn't give me one of those things. Not that they are the devil-incarnate or anything I just have zero interest in ever owning such a firearm. If you gave me one I wouldn't know what to do with it, probably turn it in to the PD or throw it in the lake.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    1552 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Don't get me wrong, they're neat little pieces of history, (or at least actual surviving examples of those made by the Ring of Fire companies from the 70s-90s are) but I personally have no interest in them anymore.
    I think that's the biggest draw to these older guns designed by George. People want that little piece of American gun history.

Now for me, it's a little different. I have the Raven but I don't need or want any of the other old brands. I do however want to get a Pheonix Arms .22lr. They too are based on George's design but what it really has going for it is that they are made here in Ontario California. That just happens to be where I call home for the last 13 or so years.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31064 times
    NO! Praise the Lord! I do have one ring of fire zamak wonder, though. It's a pretty sorry excuse for a pistol, a Phoenix Arms HP22, but it IS amazingly accurate for what it is....when it's not down for maintenance. I don't shoot it much anymore. I have much better .22 caliber pistols, compact and full sized.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    5099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    I think that's the biggest draw to these older guns designed by George. People want that little piece of American gun history.

Now for me, it's a little different. I have the Raven but I don't need or want any of the other old brands. I do however want to get a Pheonix Arms .22lr. They too are based on George's design but what it really has going for it is that they are made here in Ontario California. That just happens to be where I call home for the last 13 or so years.
    I own a Phoenix HP .22LR. I know its a Zamak gun but I've put a few hundred rounds through it with no probs whatsoever. Paid $140 NIB for it. I use strictly CCI Standard Velocity 1070fps in it. CCI runs clean, no duds, and is rec'd by Phoenix. It is my truck gun. And if it breaks (brakes? ) I'm not out much.

PS: Grew up in Fullerton, lived in Chino with the cows for a while. The cows were aromatic and the CIM-Chino breakout alarm went off once or twice but other than that, ain't a lot happenin' in Chino.
    morrcarr67 likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I had a Davis .380 that I seldom shot. Extremely snappy. Sold it some years ago.

I had one of those. IMHO it was the absolute BEST of these pot metal wonders. Mine was a P380. It was quite accurate shooting most loads into 4" at 25 yards and to point of aim (off the bench), had a beefy firing pin/sear I liked and a rather ingenious recoil slide buffer, springs to soften the blow. It was a striker gun which I didn't trust to carry condition one, carried it condition 3. It was HEAVY, like having a brick in your pocket. I got a Grendel P12 .380 (which I still have, but don't carry anymore) and sold the Davis. Now days, I have little interest in .380 at all. I have .38 revolvers and carry 9mm and up in pistols. Those guns served the purpose when I had nothing better and didn't wanna spring for a Walther or something. Oh, I'd have sprung for a Walther I suppose if it weren't illegal to carry back then. I wanted something I could toss in the bay and not worry about it.

And people call TAURUS junk?
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 05-28-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    chefduane and loudviking like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links