Am I just getting old or is this just silly?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Am I just getting old or is this just silly?

Member #
    Liked
    839 times

Am I just getting old or is this just silly?

For the most part I'm not a huge fan of doing weird stuff to guns after you get them, yes some changes are to make them a better fit for the shooter/owner. Better trigger, sights, and grips all make sense but color on a conceal carry gun what's that about?
    I was buying a small carry gun the other day and only option was frame and slide color. Not a better trigger, sights, or even grips just color. If I'm doing it right no one will ever see the color so what's the point? Carbon steel or stainless I understand but a pink, baby blue, or lime green gun does what for you?
    Who knows maybe it's to make the guns look more friendly to the non-shooters but again doing it right they'll never see it.
    Name:  57744-DEFAULT-l.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  145.7 KB
    Name:  4055103_01_taurus_pt_709_custom_frame_col_640.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  53.2 KB
    Name:  wm_2608139.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  279.8 KB
    Name:  wm_4865759.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  141.1 KB
    Name:  wm_5708086.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  15.1 KB
    777Driver and Sekol like this.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Member #
    Liked
    10075 times
    You are right, being carried concealed the pistol will not be seen. So what is the harm with a colored pistol? You also have the opportunity to pick one up cheap and dye it a color you like, but can't buy. That Miami Vice Blue is a good start for a Navy Blue.
    777Driver likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    30489 times
    A couple of years ago, I'd have agreed with you whole-heartedly. Then I saw - and bought - this.

Quite a departure for mister traditional. But no one ever sees it... except me. Well, and this forum when I post pictures of it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    839 times
    started a post here and screwed up.
    Never had a green Kimber had stainless and blue
    1st gem stainless was one of the best out of the box 1911s I ever had, needed nothing done to it.
    Last edited by RedHorse; 05-27-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1475 times
    Trying to appeal to the millennial generation ?

Member #
    Liked
    2021 times
    Why make underwear in different colors if they are made to remain mostly concealed?

Because variety is the spice of life. People like having the option to get things in different colors, so firearms are being offered in different colors.

It's really not all that different than firearms being offered with various grips of different types of wood or horn, there are simply a wider selection of colors available.

I myself was interested in getting one of the Taurus Spectrum 380s with mint green grip material, but unfortunately the Spectrum ended up being plagued by issues, so instead I ended up getting the less flashy two-tone Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition, but if that weren't available then I would have gotten one of the more colorful Cerakoted LCPs.

Currently, the most colorful firearm I own is my Mossberg 590 Shockwave in FDE.

Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 05-27-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    dogchild and RedHorse like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

cim
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Remember... Ford made all of their cars black at one time.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31788 times
    I'm still a traditionalist as far as color on firearms. But you're neither to old or silly. It's just your personal likes and dislikes. I even like some of the color schemes, but haven't ever wanted to buy one for myself, with the exception of the .22 rifle for my granddaughter when she was five.
    As for colorful underwear, in today's society, it isn't always concealed. Disgusting.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1327 times
    I say Whatever makes your Mop Flop go for it & if you practice at the range with your EDCC people will see it.
    Sekol likes this.
    They made us many promises, more than i can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."
    Red Cloud

Member #
    Liked
    706 times
    I’ll never own one like that.

Dumb!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links