Am I just getting old or is this just silly? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Am I just getting old or is this just silly?

Member #
    Liked
    2007 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post
    I'm actually considering that shade of Blue, which I believe is Titanium Blue Cerakote, for the Slide of my S&W SW9VE. Either that or Armorers Black.

About as wild as I've gone is doing some Blue Color-fill on my Sarsilmaz Cz Clones, which tend to have a lot of lettering. Not sure I like it, but they don't look too bad.

SAR B6P and K2P 9mm Pistols with light Blue Color fill.

I'm thinking they might look better, plain.

SAR B6P and K2P 9mm Pistols
    I'd say that enhanced lettering looks pretty sharp. I'm just wondering how resilient it is. With oil, grease, and cleanings, how can you keep that paint (assuming that's what it is) sticking in the first place, then not coming off with routine cleaning?

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I'm not into fashion colors on my firearms, but if that's what makes someone happy, it shouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't modify defensive guns in any way shape or form, beyond possibly the addition of night sights. I currently own 4 AR15s. One that I purchased and three that I built. I've done all sorts of things to the ones that I built. If it doesn't go bang when I pull the trigger, oh well. I'll figure it out when I get home from the range. The one that I purchased is bone stock, other than the addition of a red dot sight and a light. Based on years of experience versus virtually months for me, I trust theirs much more than mine should the need arise.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    First off... not everybody carries concealed. I'm not interested in a debate about open carry versus concealed... I'm just stating fact. Like one other person stated, variety is the spice of life. You're not getting old, and firearms in a variety of colors isn't silly. You just obviously prefer what you prefer, while others may have a different preference. Nobody is wrong. As long as a person is carrying, whether open or concealed, provided they train with their weapon and are proficient with it... their color preference is just that... their preference. I prefer stainless.... or rather I prefer a finish that doesn't show wear like some black finishes do. Most of my weapons are stainless, or a satin finish. The ones that aren't are either FDE, or black and aren't carried. Some folks like different styles of grips, in varying textures and color. On my 1911's I prefer Wilson Combat grips.... just my preference. On my Taurus Tracker 627, I didn't like the factory grip, nor did I like the Hogue or Pachmayr. So I went with some Thai hardwood grips sold by a guy on eBay. I like my weapons to both perform well, AND look good. Here's two I carry regularly. One week I'll carry one, and then I alternate. Buy what you like, carry what you like.... just be proficient with it and be a good steward. The rest doesn't matter.
    Name:  Springfield 1911A1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  380.2 KB
    Name:  Taurus Tracker 627.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  367.4 KB
    Last edited by NomadRider; 05-29-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: inserted two of the same photo

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Curb appeal - it's strictly a marketing thing ........function is no different....and they're appealing to more women.......
    olfarhors and Sekol like this.
    Guns are like tattoos - you can't have just one.....
    ....and besides, it's none of the government's business anyway.

USN 9/64-1/84 E-6 CRYPTOLOGIC DIRECT SUPPORT OPERATOR

Member #
    Liked
    26102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy_Shooter View Post
    Curb appeal - it's strictly a marketing thing ........function is no different....and they're appealing to more women.......

YEP!
    As more females have entered the GUN Buying/using arena the ever smaller semi auto pistol, the 380 caliber (and the 9 to some extent) and colors have entered the space.
    I predict the next fad will be ear rings through the dust covers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RedHorse likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    There is a segment of society that everything must be a fashion statement.. and another segment that is all about accessories- never too many accessories. Never too many adjustments or refinements. then there are the realists- 1- they buy what fits their hand and satisfies the need- they MAY change the sights and /or trigger work. The gun is a tool to be used for a specific purpose. It must be reliable. It must place the bullet where it is pointed, more than once. after that, it is the race for the toys..

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    if you want your gun to be blue , red , black, green or whatever great. as long as it works and it helps you to keep motivated to carry; that's the bottom line.
    Sekol and dogchild like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10374 times
    What are BBQ guns and pimp guns too for that matter, if not fashion statements? They both embellish to impress.
    Sekol and dogchild like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18810 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    A couple of years ago, I'd have agreed with you whole-heartedly. Then I saw - and bought - this.

Quite a departure for mister traditional. But no one ever sees it... except me. Well, and this forum when I post pictures of it!
    Well, the Bel Air color scheme is a classic. It even found quite a following in the motorcycle market.

Other Easter egg color schemes, though, can crash and burn quite easily. Takes a brave marketeer to even test the waters in that sub market.

Soon, the color schemes meant to identify guns as toys will have no meaning.

Personally, I’m for the tactical black and SS/Nickel rosewood grip market myself.

Oh, and OP - redhorse, how old are ya?
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 06-02-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    22649 times
    Well, being a geeze-ette I have mixed feelings on fashion colored guns - I love most of 'em, but don't have enough expendable cash to get different colors to sooth my daily mood changes!

If a Tiffany blue pistol is attractive to someone who is shopping for a pistol, and if that Tiffany blue colored pistol becomes a prized possession that the owner bonds with and becomes proficient with and that Tifffany blue pistol teaches them about how pistols function - well, I'm all for it. I've even learned that one of the best things to use for cleaning those fashion colored polymer frames is Simple Green - it keeps the colored frames and colored synthetic Hogue grips clean and pretty looking!

I have to admidt, I am also one of those folks that likes a little engraving on my firearms, too!!
    dogchild and jwc007 like this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links