Am I just getting old or is this just silly? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Am I just getting old or is this just silly?

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    Yeah I picked up a Pink 22 rifle for the girls. The son used it and it was the 1st time he won a Steel Challenge match outright.
    Ford found out black paint dried faster.
    In some cases color in plastics changes the performance of the base material. (I worked at a injection molding plant for over 20 years.)
    I still wear my tighty whities, sadly there are a lot of things color just won't help.
    Name:  24231887_10211451979800575_2533415181609306127_n.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  64.1 KB
    Name:  fat-guy-speedo.jpg.opt1137x822o00s1137x822-810x586.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  62.2 KB
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Member #
    Liked
    10334 times
    LOL, I was trying to dye this G26 (still without sights) to match the German flag colors, but this new dye I tried (Jacquards iDye Poly) is so much better and faster than RIT that I left the frame in the dye too long. This is that dye on a white frame at less than 30 seconds.

Name:  G26 no sights.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  106.9 KB

A friend of mine sent a picture to a friend of his, and now I am inundated with offers to buy from Florida State fans.
    RedHorse, darbo, MOONDAWG and 1 others like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    Yep around here that would turn a gun hater into a gun owner just for the school colors here on the Redneck Riviera.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16200 times
    I still prefer the cold blued steel and wood grips, but that's not what's selling now. Having said that I've used colored screws and parts on my SBR and AR pistol lower. I also like the bronze/rust colored frame on the 856UL that Taurus just brought out.
    RedHorse and jwc007 like this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    While I have painted some plastic stocks in the past this is maybe the most bling I ever installed on a gun and the only reason I used it is it was free.
    Name:  100_1850.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  465.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    558 times
    real guns looking like toys, toy guns looking like real guns....
    https://giphy.com/gifs/3gOKabmququdhC79Ug/html5
    Last edited by Ickthus; 05-27-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    RedHorse and morrcarr67 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    For the most part I'm not a huge fan of doing weird stuff to guns after you get them, yes some changes are to make them a better fit for the shooter/owner. Better trigger, sights, and grips all make sense but color on a conceal carry gun what's that about?
    I was buying a small carry gun the other day and only option was frame and slide color. Not a better trigger, sights, or even grips just color. If I'm doing it right no one will ever see the color so what's the point? Carbon steel or stainless I understand but a pink, baby blue, or lime green gun does what for you?
    Who knows maybe it's to make the guns look more friendly to the non-shooters but again doing it right they'll never see it.
    <shrug>. It's plastic, so it's probably fairly easy to do a run of a different color. Not my cup of tea. Though I was for a while wanting a TCP micro-.380 in the yellow and black (bumblebee) color scheme that was out there.

Member #
    Liked
    1991 times
    CONFIRMED...you're old.
    RedHorse, jwc007 and dogchild like this.

Member #
    Liked
    213 times
    If it makes someone more interested in buying a gun, more power to them. I've been somewhat attracted to some of the "pretty" guns, including the blue Kimber posted. Haven't actually bought any, simply because if I'm carrying the gun and accidentally flash a quick view, I'd rather have it be black or blued than bright neon. On the other hand, that hasn't stopped me from carrying stainless, which could show up pretty bright. As long as people are buying guns, let them buy whatever bling they like.
    Czechbikr and dogchild like this.

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    real guns looking like toys, toy guns looking like real guns....
    https://giphy.com/gifs/3gOKabmququdhC79Ug/html5
    https://gph.is/2P4crZV
    while not the point you might be going for to me this is part of the problem. kids have been shot and killed carrying a toy gun. at a glance you can't tell anymore real or toy by shape and color so if you're in a shoot or die situation you've got a problem. now days I wouldn't buy a kid anything that even looks like a real gun, there is some logic in the old advertisement "Its Nerf or nothing" and sometimes even those lines are blurred because of paint jobs.
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  105.1 KB
    Name:  94f5270341297e05fafe90fff51ec388.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  49.5 KB
    jwc007 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links