Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    42701
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brooker Fl
    Posts
    4,979
    Liked
    4763 times

    Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report. UPDATED

    Rural King had them on sale for $199 2 wks ago. The wife had just recently shot my old standard LCP and decided she wanted one so I ordered one. Took 5 days before I got the phone call that it had arrived and I went and picked it up, $224 out the door.

    Took it to the range today along with my old one and my sccy cpx2. The old LCP and the Sccy were flawless, no issues at all. The new LCP not so much. I fired the first two rounds with no issues, after that it never extracted another round. I tried 3 different ammo brands, 4 different magazines, different recoil springs, even swapped the barrel. I cleaned the entire gun again and removed the extractor and cleaned it with a wire brush. No help, so I guess it's going back to the mother ship Tuesday. The only good thing about it is she got to see first hand why I don't want her to carry it until she's extremely familiar with clearing a jam and has at least 300 rounds without a failure.

    I'll update when I get something new to try.

    Another great thing for the day, we went to the range 10 miles from the house for the first time instead of the free range at the national forest. She was impressed enough she's willing to pay the $300 a year for the family membership.
    Last edited by mark38090; 06-06-2019 at 12:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Member #
    38167
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North Central New Mexico
    Posts
    19,816
    Liked
    31545 times
    Tiny .380s are tempermental. Hope it gets fixed and back to you soon! Sounds like a great day out with your wife, though!
    pegasus likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    56609
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,768
    Liked
    2255 times
    Sorry to hear that your LCP 10th Anniversary Edition is a lemon, but fortunately, Ruger is well-known for having exceptional customer service, so they should set everything right quickly.

    I got a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition myself a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten the chance to take mine out to the range yet. Once I do I'll be posting a range report of my own, hopefully one with more promising results.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    42701
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brooker Fl
    Posts
    4,979
    Liked
    4763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Sorry to hear that your LCP 10th Anniversary Edition is a lemon, but fortunately, Ruger is well-known for having exceptional customer service, so they should set everything right quickly.

    I got a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition myself a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten the chance to take mine out to the range yet. Once I do I'll be posting a range report of my own, hopefully one with more promising results.
    One of my big reasons for buying Ruger is the customer service. I've got no reservations about buying anything they make for that reason.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    43407
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,170
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    Rural King had them on sale for $199 2 wks ago. The wife had just recently shot my old standard LCP and decided she wanted one so I ordered one. Took 5 days before I got the phone call that it had arrived and I went and picked it up, $224 out the door.

    Took it to the range today along with my old one and my sccy cpx2. The old LCP and the Sccy were flawless, no issues at all. The new LCP not so much. I fired the first two rounds with no issues, after that it never extracted another round. I tried 3 different ammo brands, 4 different magazines, different recoil springs, even swapped the barrel. I cleaned the entire gun again and removed the extractor and cleaned it with a wire brush. No help, so I guess it's going back to the mother ship Tuesday. The only good thing about it is she got to see first hand why I don't want her to carry it until she's extremely familiar with clearing a jam and has at least 300 rounds without a failure.

    I'll update when I get something new to try.

    Another great thing for the day, we went to the range 10 miles from the house for the first time instead of the free range at the national forest. She was impressed enough she's willing to pay the $300 a year for the family membership.
    I'm glad you had a great time with your Wife and at the range. Found this in open source:

    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    42701
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brooker Fl
    Posts
    4,979
    Liked
    4763 times
    I'm considering swapping the extractor from my original to see if that changes anything. They're easy to swap.
    HappyTom likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    56609
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,768
    Liked
    2255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    I'm considering swapping the extractor from my original to see if that changes anything. They're easy to swap.
    Just have Ruger look it over, they'll fix whatever is wrong. No sense is possibly disabling your one working LCP by removing a part from it then using it in your other LCP when that might not even be the problem to begin with.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    42701
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brooker Fl
    Posts
    4,979
    Liked
    4763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Just have Ruger look it over, they'll fix whatever is wrong. No sense is possibly disabling your one working LCP by removing a part from it then using it in your other LCP when that might not even be the problem to begin with.
    Good point

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1335
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    15,125
    Liked
    6356 times
    Even through you had some problems with the new Ruger, you still spent some family time with your wife.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    2966
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24,959
    Liked
    48154 times
    They should have kept copying the KelTec P3AT design.
    We the People...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2019, 05:13 PM
  2. 10th Anniversary of "The Miracle on the Hudson"
    By coopercdrkey in forum Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-16-2019, 02:02 PM
  3. 10th anniversary Judge
    By once0217 in forum The Judge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 03:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 06:41 PM