Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report.

Member #
    Liked
    4763 times

Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report. UPDATED

Rural King had them on sale for $199 2 wks ago. The wife had just recently shot my old standard LCP and decided she wanted one so I ordered one. Took 5 days before I got the phone call that it had arrived and I went and picked it up, $224 out the door.

Took it to the range today along with my old one and my sccy cpx2. The old LCP and the Sccy were flawless, no issues at all. The new LCP not so much. I fired the first two rounds with no issues, after that it never extracted another round. I tried 3 different ammo brands, 4 different magazines, different recoil springs, even swapped the barrel. I cleaned the entire gun again and removed the extractor and cleaned it with a wire brush. No help, so I guess it's going back to the mother ship Tuesday. The only good thing about it is she got to see first hand why I don't want her to carry it until she's extremely familiar with clearing a jam and has at least 300 rounds without a failure.

I'll update when I get something new to try.

Another great thing for the day, we went to the range 10 miles from the house for the first time instead of the free range at the national forest. She was impressed enough she's willing to pay the $300 a year for the family membership.
    Last edited by mark38090; 06-06-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    31545 times
    Tiny .380s are tempermental. Hope it gets fixed and back to you soon! Sounds like a great day out with your wife, though!
    pegasus likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    2255 times
    Sorry to hear that your LCP 10th Anniversary Edition is a lemon, but fortunately, Ruger is well-known for having exceptional customer service, so they should set everything right quickly.

I got a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition myself a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten the chance to take mine out to the range yet. Once I do I'll be posting a range report of my own, hopefully one with more promising results.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Sorry to hear that your LCP 10th Anniversary Edition is a lemon, but fortunately, Ruger is well-known for having exceptional customer service, so they should set everything right quickly.

I got a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition myself a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten the chance to take mine out to the range yet. Once I do I'll be posting a range report of my own, hopefully one with more promising results.
    One of my big reasons for buying Ruger is the customer service. I've got no reservations about buying anything they make for that reason.

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    Rural King had them on sale for $199 2 wks ago. The wife had just recently shot my old standard LCP and decided she wanted one so I ordered one. Took 5 days before I got the phone call that it had arrived and I went and picked it up, $224 out the door.

Took it to the range today along with my old one and my sccy cpx2. The old LCP and the Sccy were flawless, no issues at all. The new LCP not so much. I fired the first two rounds with no issues, after that it never extracted another round. I tried 3 different ammo brands, 4 different magazines, different recoil springs, even swapped the barrel. I cleaned the entire gun again and removed the extractor and cleaned it with a wire brush. No help, so I guess it's going back to the mother ship Tuesday. The only good thing about it is she got to see first hand why I don't want her to carry it until she's extremely familiar with clearing a jam and has at least 300 rounds without a failure.

I'll update when I get something new to try.

Another great thing for the day, we went to the range 10 miles from the house for the first time instead of the free range at the national forest. She was impressed enough she's willing to pay the $300 a year for the family membership.
    I'm glad you had a great time with your Wife and at the range. Found this in open source:

RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Member #
    Liked
    4763 times
    I'm considering swapping the extractor from my original to see if that changes anything. They're easy to swap.
    HappyTom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    I'm considering swapping the extractor from my original to see if that changes anything. They're easy to swap.
    Just have Ruger look it over, they'll fix whatever is wrong. No sense is possibly disabling your one working LCP by removing a part from it then using it in your other LCP when that might not even be the problem to begin with.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    4763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Just have Ruger look it over, they'll fix whatever is wrong. No sense is possibly disabling your one working LCP by removing a part from it then using it in your other LCP when that might not even be the problem to begin with.
    Good point

Member #
    Liked
    6356 times
    Even through you had some problems with the new Ruger, you still spent some family time with your wife.

Member #
    Liked
    48154 times
    They should have kept copying the KelTec P3AT design.
    We the People...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links