Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    New respect for stamped steel gun parts. Funny thing about this Taurus gun forum.....Taurus firearms are hardly ever talked about. Is it unfashionable to gush about your Taurus firearm here ?? Hahaha
    loudviking likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    32204 times
    You're right! I've been way too quiet about the model 66 I just got!

Name:  00007.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  2.30 MB

Seriously though, this thread is in the "other handguns" subforum. There are subforums for Taurus revolvers, the 700 series, the 1911s, and more.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    2337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    They should have kept copying the KelTec P3AT design.
    You mean like how Taurus copies Smith & Wesson and Beretta designs?

Quote Originally Posted by Arquebus36 View Post
    New respect for stamped steel gun parts. Funny thing about this Taurus gun forum.....Taurus firearms are hardly ever talked about. Is it unfashionable to gush about your Taurus firearm here ?? Hahaha
    If you look at the precise subforum we're on right now, you'll see that we're on the Other Handguns subforum, which is devoted towards the discussion of non-Taurus brand firearms.

Plenty of folks here obviously love their Taurus firearms, but you'll have to view the proper subforums to see it.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    You mean like how Taurus copies Smith & Wesson and Beretta designs?

ahh- I really think that when they STOPPED this is where the ship began to run aground myself!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    4818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    You're right! I've been way too quiet about the model 66 I just got!

Name:  00007.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  2.30 MB

Seriously though, this thread is in the "other handguns" subforum. There are subforums for Taurus revolvers, the 700 series, the 1911s, and more.
    That is beautiful. That blueing is amazing.
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2337 times
    Yep, Taurus actually had some of the finest-looking bluing available up until around 2015 when they ditched it for their craptastic matte black finish.

That's why if you're going to buy a Taurus nowadays, you're better off getting it in Stainless Steel, because at least then you can polish it or have an aftermarket finish applied that at least looks like bluing.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    4818 times
    Ruger sent me a shipping label today so they'll have it Wednesday. Fingers crossed it's something quick and simple. Funny thing is, of the many many firearms I've bought this is the very first time I've ever had to mail one off for repair.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4818 times
    I just got an email from Ruger, my LCP will be back at the house tomorrow via FedEx. 9 calendar days from the day I mailed it to the time it's back at the house is pretty darn good in my book. I'll update after a range trip this weekend.
    Tuco_Ramírez and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    I just got an email from Ruger, my LCP will be back at the house tomorrow via FedEx. 9 calendar days from the day I mailed it to the time it's back at the house is pretty darn good in my book. I'll update after a range trip this weekend.
    Yep!
    good customer service department!
    of course I have had extremely great support form Beretta, CZ, and Ruger in the past.
    Hell Beretta swapped out a non repairable pistol and had it back to me in less than 10 days, CZ replaced/installed a bad Tritium front sight and had it back to me in less than 6 days, and all at no cost to me.
    Colt took a bit longer and didn't really fix the weapon.
    Most brands I have had very, very little problems that needed to be addressed by the manufacture considering the number of firearm that I own and have owned over the years..
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    4818 times
    Got it back today and Ruger's letter said they replaced the slide and barrel. Also states they fired 24 rounds of 95gr lawman ammo with zero malfunctions.

I just came in from the backyard, I fired 100 Winchester 95gr fmj, 50 Remington for 95gr fmj, 25 Hornady Critical Defense 90gr flex tip, and 25 Hornady 90gr xtp, zero malfunctions except a small blister on the web of my hand.
    slong115 and olfarhors like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links