Range Report Ruger LCP .380 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Range Report Ruger LCP .380

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I've been wanting to pick up a 10th anniversary LCP since they were introduced but ended up getting a LCPII that was on sale a few months ago. After several range sessions with it, and a few hundred rounds, I'm not all that impressed. It's the least accurate of all my 380s and the trigger is not all it's cracked up to be. Although both my Bodyguard and Pico have a very firm DAO trigger, I shoot them much better and very accurately compared to the II. Probably going to get rid of the II and get the LCP which I should have done in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    2114 times
    I actually passed on the LCP II in favor of the LCP 10th Anniversary Edition because it was cheaper, was obviously a better time-proven design having been out for 11 years vs 2 years, and it included 2 of the major features of the LCP II in the form of the improved Aluminum skeletonized trigger and front/rear slide serrations.

Besides, it's just plain nicer-looking than the LCP II, it has a sort of retro look to it with all the rounded off edges, looking sort of like a Walther PPK or TPH, whereas the LCP II just looks like a miniaturized Ruger Security 9, which has a far more average appearance. I understand the concept of firearms being tools first and foremost, but I disagree with the notion that aesthetics don't matter at all so it's okay if the manufacturers don't even try to make them look nice.
    vboy36 likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    1339 times
    I bought one a couple of wks ago haven't shot it yet thanks for the heads up on the grip sleeve
    vboy36 likes this.
    They made us many promises, more than i can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."
    Red Cloud

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    We bought an LCP a few years back. It's then Gen 2(not LCP II) with the slightly improved. Nice little shooter and oh so handy.
    vboy36 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad1911 View Post
    We bought an LCP a few years back. It's then Gen 2(not LCP II) with the slightly improved. Nice little shooter and oh so handy.
    Thanks for that clarification Dad1911. I know mine is not the LCPII but not sure what Gen it is. Bought it new from Buds about 2 months ago. There was no designation as to what generation.

Going to shoot it again tomorrow and see how she does.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Member #
    Liked
    2114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vboy36 View Post
    Thanks for that clarification Dad1911. I know mine is not the LCPII but not sure what Gen it is. Bought it new from Buds about 2 months ago. There was no designation as to what generation.

Going to shoot it again tomorrow and see how she does.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
    They started making the Gen 2 models in 2013.

The easiest way to tell for sure is the sights. The Gen 1 LCPs had extremely low profile sights, so much so that they practically weren't even there, whereas the Gen 2 LCPs have larger sights.

Based on the pic you posted, yours appears to be a Gen 1, but it's hard to tell from that angle.

Also, if your Ruger was made in Mayodan, NC then it's of recent manufacture, since the LCP has been made there since 2016 when the LCP II was released. Previously the LCP was manufactured in Prescott, AZ.
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 05-25-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    vboy36 likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    They started making the Gen 2 models in 2013.

The easiest way to tell for sure is the sights. The Gen 1 LCPs had extremely low profile sights, so much so that they practically weren't even there, whereas the Gen 2 LCPs have larger sights.

Based on the pic you posted, yours appears to be a Gen 1, but it's hard to tell from that angle.

Also, if your Ruger was made in Mayodan, NC then it's of recent manufacture, since the LCP has been made there since 2016 when the LCP II was released. Previously the LCP was manufactured in Prescott, AZ.
    Thanks Tuco. According to Ruger serial # site, The serial number indicates 2015 or later but I will have to call Ruger to know for sure. Also, the gun is stamped Mayodan, NC. I have a couple of bad pictures of the gun site.

Also, another great range visit today: the gun likes rounded bullets the best like the Federal HST JHP 99gr mirco and Federal HST JHP 99gr Law Enforcement. Shot 40 of those today, no problem. It had two misfeeds on 20 rounds of the Federal Hydra Shok 90 gr low recoil. which has a conical shape.

Thanks again Tuco and let me know if you can tell from the info what Gen this is. :-)

Last edited by vboy36; 05-26-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2114 times
    I can definitely tell now that it's a Gen 2 Model based on the sights as well as the fact that it was made in Mayodan, NC rather than Prescott, AZ.

You can look up your LCP's Serial Number on Ruger's website for a precise date of manufacture.
    https://ruger.com/dataProcess/serialHistory/
    vboy36 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    I can definitely tell now that it's a Gen 2 Model based on the sights as well as the fact that it was made in Mayodan, NC rather than Prescott, AZ.

You can look up your LCP's Serial Number on Ruger's website for a precise date of manufacture.
    https://ruger.com/dataProcess/serialHistory/

Awesome!! You da man. Site says the gun was "Shipped"/made in 2018. Thanks, Tuco
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links