Ruger Wrangler .22lr - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Ruger Wrangler .22lr

Member #
    Liked
    26445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    When I think of a 22 bullet wound I come back to President Reagan's shooting. He had a close call with death due to the location of the wound and like you say, they weren't initially sure if he was hit or how bad it was.
    It seems odd and unnatural but it happens quite often.
    flesh is very elastic (think about a pregnant female) and so it will close on a small (heck it will close on a medium size hole) and especially if no exit wound then can be hard to find, specially in a over weight person.
    that leads me to my ever constant observation that a jagged hole produced by an expanded point projectile is what I want to happen if I need protection.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32555 times
    I worked a shooting years ago, where a drunk shot two brothers in front of a night club. Both were on the ground when I got there. The first had an entry wound in the chest, about three inches below and to the center. Lung shot. The second ran about sixty feet and was hit from behind in the right elbow.
    First guy had zero blood visible, but vomited profusely. Lots of blood on number two and you would have thought he was dying. All this from two shots with a .22lr revolver. Both survived with number one having an extended hospital stay.
    I got my shooter at his home.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Taurus better bring their "A" game with the Heritage. This Ruger will give them a serious run for their money.
    I kinda doubt it. Bearcat and Single Six and now the Wrangler. The Rough Rider is a niche market revolver that Ruger won't be able to maintain a competitive presence in. The buzz for a new Ruger pistol will give it an initial sales advantage, but I'm seeing Rough Riders advertised (special sale price) locally for less than $120. The best price I've seen on the Wrangler matches a six inch barreled Rough Rider with an extra 22mag cylinder. If the Wrangler was an eight or ten shot revolver, yeah they would take market share from Heritage, but it's not. Remember, both are American made, so the "Made in the USA" badge won't give Ruger a leg up. If I were going to get a Ruger .22 revolver, it would be for target shooting. Single 6 - 10 with fiber optic sights. Short barreled 22 single actions are for teaching your kids or grandkids shooting fundamentals. Rough Riders aren't "target" pistols anymore than the Bearcat is.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30861 times
    Well, I'm with Smoke, wanna check it out at Academy first, then might bite. I have room in the safe right next to my RR.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32555 times
    Academy has these on their website for $199.99. When I look at the two stores websites up in Lubbock, they don't have them yet. But every time I check, the little Ruger Bearcat sure catches my eye.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    Owning both I can honestly say the Wrangler has a better overall molding and sight picture. Finish ...although the Creakote on the Wrangler is better than most I have owned or seen with it....I still prefer the blued or polished look of the RR.. The Rough Rider has a better grip and feel. Lack of .22 mag cylinder probably will not give advantage to Heritage as it seems not many owners even use it. I like having no lock on the Wrangler, like the one stop and positive click of the RR with no free spin. Free spin seems useless with out a flip out a cylinder. RR prices (slightly over $100 to Wranger $179 on a good sale site) is a very big advantage for new owners that just want a plinker, throw in the tackle box gun. The final and most damaging factor for the Rough Rider.....the Rough Rider being a Heritage Arms .....Taurus owned firearm with a complete lack of decent customer service vs the Ruger Repair and customer service rep knowledge and attitude......... advantage no question goes to Ruger.
    Smokewagon and daytonaredeye like this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30861 times
    If you like the finish on the RR, just get you some paint. All it is is paint. You cannot "blue" zamak.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    1301 times
    When I was leaving the range today, there was another guy coming in. And in conversation on Ruger with the owner of the range and myself, He brought up in regards to the Ruger Wrangler and how a lot of places he was looking for it, were "out" of it.. or if it comes in.. they have been selling out quickly... just FYI.
    Smokewagon likes this.
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Member #
    Liked
    31114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    When I think of a 22 bullet wound I come back to President Reagan's shooting. He had a close call with death due to the location of the wound and like you say, they weren't initially sure if he was hit or how bad it was.
    It could have been a lot worse, if the manufacturer's idiotic "exploding bullet!" design had worked. Or if the gun control crowd had succeeded with their "Saturday night special" laws and he'd had to switch from a .22 to a larger caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    If you like the finish on the RR, just get you some paint. All it is is paint. You cannot "blue" zamak.
    True, but haven't we been hearing that Heritage is switching to all steel? And even if they aren't, the cylinder and barrel are blued steel. My classic Cobra has taught me to appreciate blued steel contrasting with other alloys in the frame.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30861 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    It could have been a lot worse, if the manufacturer's idiotic "exploding bullet!" design had worked. Or if the gun control crowd had succeeded with their "Saturday night special" laws and he'd had to switch from a .22 to a larger caliber.

True, but haven't we been hearing that Heritage is switching to all steel? And even if they aren't, the cylinder and barrel are blued steel. My classic Cobra has taught me to appreciate blued steel contrasting with other alloys in the frame.
    Well, uh, they didn't carry Cobras in the 1880s.

I've never had a carakote or whatever it is finish. No experience with THAT, either, but I'm pretty sure the cowboys didn't have that option in the 19th century, either.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links