Love my 85 and 856, but just got... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Love my 85 and 856, but just got...

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Cheap 158 grain ball rounds.
    Forgive me if I
    have a place in my mind
    where I go time to time

Member #
    Liked
    1199 times
    That is a sweet looking little revolver.

Member #
    Liked
    1587 times
    That's purdy. My little CA Off Duty is a real plain Jane but she shoots great.

BTW, if you plan on carrying her you might want to get the bobbed DAO hammer too. Takes about 3 mins to swap them out.
    MississippiYankee likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    I do carry it IWB. The hammer hasn't presented a problem - yet...

Not that I ever had occasion to draw it under stress, mind you.
    Forgive me if I
    have a place in my mind
    where I go time to time

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27035 times
    Great little revolvers. I picked up the same one a few months back and with the polished finish I couldn't resist but to add a set of pearl grips. I'm up to five Charter Arms revolvers now and not a bad one in the bunch.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiYankee View Post
    Lee - they just started making them in the high polish finish. It's a real throw back, and when I saw it, I HAD to have it!
    Hey, FWIW, I like the high polish finishes! Seems Nickel plating is a thing of the past nowadays, with all the matte stainless steel revolver frames, etc.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Nice looking wheelie OP! Love my Charter:
    My dad’s truck and travel gun is a CA which looks like this except that it’s a 44 Special.

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    31826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Hey, FWIW, I like the high polish finishes! Seems Nickel plating is a thing of the past nowadays, with all the matte stainless steel revolver frames, etc.
    Plating metals usually involves hazardous waste (RCRA) concerns. $. Polishing is just takes a wheel and some time. I know which I'd pick if I were running a shop.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20448 times
    Yeah, I know the difference - and I could polish any of my matte SS frames to a high gloss if I choose. Just thinking back to the “good old days” of the ‘60s - ‘70s when you mostly had blued and nickel as the default production finishes. And, as I understand, if you mar a nickel coated frame the entire frame required replacing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links