Observation of a first-time Glock owner/shooter - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Observation of a first-time Glock owner/shooter

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    I am like others here never really wanted a Glock then went by Cabelas one weekend and they had model 30SF .45 ACP on sale and it just kind of followed me to the checkout counter and then home. Good gun no extra bells and whistles that are not needed. I really like mine just wish ammo was cheaper so I could practice more with it.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18827 times
    For whatever it’s worth, my favorite hand game . . . hey, mind outta the gutter . . . is Glock, paper, scissors!
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    LOL, Glocks made in Georgia where the workers have fewer teeth than toes.
    Hey . . . , if it weren’t for toes, not many of us Georgians could count past 8.
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 05-08-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Retired LEO here...never carried or owned a Glock until almost 10 years after I retired (Smith and Wesson and Sig fan). Purchased a Glock 22 (yeah, yeah, the 40 cal is too snappy--go to a gym and work forearm muscles !!) under the blue label program locally and really enjoy the handling. Forget what others say...rent the gun...shoot it...buy it if you like it...simple.

Anyway, I heard of the grip angle confusing some of the us old 1911 shooters. I thought guns were shot from the sights not the grip ? Anyway (again), I drill large holes with the Glock 22 at combat distances. I liked the Glock 22 so much I recently purchased a Glock 30 under the blue label program at an Austin, Texas, outlet.

Member #
    Liked
    10385 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well having been at the glock plant (was wearing a disquise so no one would recognize me) but anyway, If you are talking about the guys AND GIRLS that work on assembly then you are correct, if you are talking about the guys that test fire the weapons I think you may be wrong!
    LOL, I bet those people who test fire the weapons share teeth. I heard Georgia has come up with time share plans for dentures, for those who are challenged in the chewing department.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Greenwolf, I am not trying to argue with you or prove you wrong. Please let me just explain how this works. First of all, it is against the law for anyone, batf, law enforcement, or any other organization to keep a list who buys which firearm. The only person that has any idea of where a gun was sold or who it was sold to is your local gun shop when they sell it.

The form 4473 that you fill out when you buy a firearm from an FFL is information on the individual buying the gun and not the gun. It is a background check on the person wanting to buy a gun in the model make caliber or any other information on the gun is not necessary for an individual background check. Here in Florida, the only information on the firearm involved that the gun shop gives out is whether the gun is a long gun or a handgun. There is no requirement for a manufacturer, caliber, serial number, or any other personal information as to the firearm purchased. Batf does not keep a list of who owns what gun. As I already said such a list is and would be against the law. In fact when you call in a background check the information is removed from the database by law the same day it is called in.

If there is a firearm that has been involved in a crime the investigators take the name of the gun and the serial number in contact the manufacturer wanting to know where the manufacturer sent that gun. The manufacturer will give them the name of a distributor that they shipped that Gun to. The investigators then contact the distributor with the gun and the serial number and ask where that person sent the gun. The distributor will usually give them the name of a gun shop or a big box store where the gun was finally sent. The investigators then go to the gun shop and ask where the gun was sold and who it was sold to. This is when the seller or FFL pulls out the 4473 form that he keeps only in his records, determines the name of the person that bought the gun, and and gives the name and the address at the time of the sale of the seller to the investigator. The investigator then goes to that person and ask that they have the gun. In most States that allow Private Sales that is the end of the search. If a gun is sold privately there is no requirement to register the gun to the new owner or report it to batf.

There is no list or Master list of who bought which firearm at the batf, law enforcement, or any other law enforcement organization. Only your local gun store as a list of who bought which gun which by law he has to keep in his files by way of the 4473.

Don
    I agree with Bang Bang. BUT, it seems there are some cities or districts in the liberal states keeping lists of firearms owners. There is a difference in Federal law, State Law, and Local ordinances, and in the practicality of enforcing the laws. Just be aware of that when you travel with your firearms. I DO have first hand experience with ATF in the past, as a LEO and as a civilian.
    My 2 cents.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    2009 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post
    I agree with Bang Bang. BUT, it seems there are some cities or districts in the liberal states keeping lists of firearms owners. There is a difference in Federal law, State Law, and Local ordinances, and in the practicality of enforcing the laws. Just be aware of that when you travel with your firearms. I DO have first hand experience with ATF in the past, as a LEO and as a civilian.
    My 2 cents.
    Hey, I'll weigh in, too. I do not have any type of firearms license (federal or otherwise) but I believe that a licenses dealer MUST record the sale and the serial number. Technically, there is no federal registry of firearms to owners, but there is a paper trail of sales (manufacturer to distributor, distributor to retail, retail to owner). This is the big debate over sales by unlicensed people. Those of us without licenses (speaking of federal here) are not required to keep records of sales--making it harder for BATFE to trace the ownership of a weapon. The government wants absolute registration. Fortunately, they can't seem to accomplish that with the Second Amendment in the way, so they settle on the paper trail. That paper trail is broken in a private sale, and that is why they hate private sales.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links