Interesting development for CZ pistol owners/buyers.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 57K
  • 4 Post By maloy
  • 1 Post By olfarhors
  • 1 Post By silverstring

Thread: Interesting development for CZ pistol owners/buyers.

Member #
    Liked
    983 times

Interesting development for CZ pistol owners/buyers.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/ape...#axzz5lNEVOOgo

Hopefully, we'll get some reviews shortly!
    silverstring likes this.
    Shoot slowly and deliberately: As fast as you can!

Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

Deacon Viking

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2491 times
    We'll see, but one of the best things to do to improve a CZ is to take it out and shoot it.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    25628 times
    I am sure they vary a bit from gun to gun but I honestly can't see any reason to do anything to my Shadow-2.
    Now my other CZ P-01, SP-01, 97 BD, I have lightened the mainspring, put in an extended firring pin and firing pin spring to keep relaibility at factory but the Shadow -2 already has most of CZ improvements in it.
    My go to CZ people are Cajun Gun Works , occasionally CZ Custom, but its good to see more companies get in on the aftermarket.
    57K likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    Well. guys, I think it's mostly about DA trigger pull. The CZ 75s I've owned along with the P-01 model, the triggers definitely improve, and I dry fired the heck of mine. At somewhere I'd guess between 9# & 10# while the decocker only drops the hammer to half cock, So the first shot fired from half-cock shortens the trigger stroke by at least half. Not a problem for me since I broke into shooting handguns regularly with .357 Magnum DA reveolvers.

The APEX kit for the 4.5# SA pull seems pretty correct for a combat pistol while the DA is lightened down to just over 6# ? I'm stoked! Geez, if CZ could have only got their 9mm chambers right!
    Last edited by 57K; 04-17-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Deacon Viking

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2491 times
    Try a P-07, of all my CZ's it handles all the loads my Glock works with. It's accurate and one of the reasons I went back to CZ. I've three of them, and a Kadet kit.

Maloy

Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post
    Well. guys, I think it's mostly about DA trigger pull. The CZ 75s I've owned along with the P-01 model, the triggers definitely improve, and I dry fired the heck of mine. At somewhere I'd guess between 9# & 10# while the decocker only drops the hammer to half cock, So the first shot fired from half-cock shortens the trigger stroke by at least half. Not a problem for me since I broke into shooting handgun regularly with .357 Magnum DA.

The APEX kit for the 4.5# SA pull seems pretty correct for a combat pistol while the DA is lightened down to just over 6# ? I'm stoked! Geez, if CZ could have only got their 9mm chambers right!

Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    Try a P-07, of all my CZ's it handles all the loads my Glock works with. It's accurate and one of the reasons I went back to CZ. I've three of them, and a Kadet kit.

Maloy
    Maloy, does that include your handloads? With 124 gr. JHPs mine are 1.122"/28.5mm to 1.142"/29mm with 147 gr. JHPs even longer if need be but 1.142" when I can.

Deacon Viking

Member #
    Liked
    25628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post

Maloy

Most of my CZ run on the same length loads as my other weapons.
    Now I virtually never see how long I can make a pistol projectile as in my case the mags normally dictate the OAL of the bullet.
    I use to do that with rifle loads however.
    the P-01 and the 97 BD has the shortest. tightest chambers of the bunch but only by a few thousands .
    I reload everything for my CZ and everything runs on that.
    to be honest OAL for me is more about 120% function VS anything else.
    accuracy and velocity appear to be fine from testing and honestly what a projectile does when it enters the HUMAN body is a lot about luck of where and what it hits or goes through (so much for bal gel).
    we all have our opinions and thoughts , one thing I often wonder about is the much discussed topic of lack of penetration-- ever see a cop that was shot wearing a resistive vest and what almost any handgun bullet does to the cop even though he was wearing a vesta nd it stopped the projectile??
    ask that COP how he felt and how much he wished to continue to fight.
    yea not many continue to fight, most just want to lay there and cry, and get the hell to a doctor.
    that's with NO penetration, imagine with 2 - 3 inches as if hit in the chest, hip, etc.
    again I just base my ideas of what I have seen on the street and working EMS calls.
    so what ever floats your boat my friends, if it makes you happy then that what counts.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    25628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post
    Maloy, does that include your handloads? With 124 gr. JHPs mine are 1.122"/28.5mm to 1.142"/29mm with 147 gr. JHPs even longer if need be but 1.142" when I can.

IN my weapons, not just CZ it really depends on the manufacture of the projectiles and what the projectile is made from, some have very dramatic tapers, some are fat boys!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10749 times
    If I read the announcement correctly this will be a drop in sear cage and a few other parts. Now that will be a big improvement over rebuilding the sear cage with new parts. I hope it will work with Tristars as well, if so, this will be a good seller. Apex makes great upgrades.
    MoKen likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links